z

Young Writers Society

The Stranded Hotel

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:22 am
View Likes
Lael says...

"Uh," said Li He. Why is he so nosy? "My family loves traveling. Really, that's the biggest reason why."
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:27 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

"Sounds like quite the life." She wasn't really giving him much to figure out what her world was.
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:29 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

James stood frozen in place as he saw the scratch marks appear on the mirror, and he could feel his heart pounding in his chest. He found himself sweaty, and terrified. He'd seen tons of weird, often scary, things before, but that didn't make them any less scary when they happened. I thought there were no mirrors in here. Who the hell put a mirror in here? Was it Cynthia's suggestion?

"I'm very sorry for the miscommunication miss." James replies stiffly, trying to dull his senses and calm down. "I'll remove the mirror immediately." Which was something he was terrified of doing now, but he was going to do it. If it meant that the girl would stop screaming and this room could maybe be safer.

He turned to the man he'd been talking to. "I'm sorry sir, but this will have to wait for a moment."

And with that, he steeled his nerves and took as much courage as he could muster as he walked over to the mirror. He didn't let himself think twice as he quickly grabs it -on hand on top, one on the bottom - and quickly hurries outside, out the front doors with the mirror, until he was walking out into the rain. He kept walking, and kept walking, until he reached the edge of the forest, where it met the road. He threw the mirror face-down into the dirt, and buried it. Get rid of it if it's haunted. He reasoned. They can take it out of my paycheck.. Could he have just moved it to a storage closet? Maybe. But rational thinking was a luxury, and he'd seen too many irrational things to make sense of it all.

He marched back into lobby, with his raincoat still preserving his dryness, and he flipped down his hood again.
Last edited by soundofmind on Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

81 Reviews

Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:32 am
View Likes
Lael says...

"I suppose it is," replied Li He. "So how about you? Where are you from?"
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

117 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:56 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

Well, what was he supposed to say to that? He couldn't very well start talking about another world. "Somewhere...far away," he answers rather cryptically. "We do well keeping it unknown."

he/him/his

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:55 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

"I don't think that's going to help," he quietly said when he saw the man enter the lobby once more. The ghost in the mirror had been the same one from upstairs; bringing it out of the hotel like the employee had done only limited the amount of mirrors it could access. Unless, of course, it could still access the mirror that had just been removed.

He had seen the other mirrors in the hallways and in the rooms. Would he be able to see the ghost if he went back up to them? But he hadn't seen any prior to his meeting with the girl. So did that mean she was the one the ghost was after? Still, that didn't sound right. Why would the ghost of the hotel suddenly choose to go after a guest?

"Oh," Hades realized. He turned to the girl, understanding dawning on him as he looked her over. The ghost hadn't always been in the hotel! The ghost must have only been haunting the girl! Which left at least one other ghost unaccounted for. As long as the girl stayed in the lobby, he could focus on the dead occupants of the hotel.

He threw his cloak on over his shoulders and turned his attention to the employee again. "Thank you for answering my questions," he said with a grateful smile.

He didn't pull his hood up until he was approaching the power room.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:59 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

"Sure." James replied simply, running a hand through his hair when the man turned to leave. Staff meeting. He reminded himself. Why did I leave in the first place?
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

81 Reviews

Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:11 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

"Really?" replied Li He, sitting back and crossing her arms.

Shady.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:25 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

"My kind aren't very well liked by the others," he answers. That much is true, at least - but the way he's framing it, they're in hiding, when in reality, they're the apex predators.

he/him/his

81 Reviews

Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:08 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

"Your kind?" Although she knew he wasn't human, it wasn't clear if he knew that she knew. Li He tilted her head. "What is that supposed to mean?"

117 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:41 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

"Let's just say enjoy the starlit sky than the sun," he answers, still vague.

he/him/his

81 Reviews

Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:14 am
View Likes
Lael says...

"Okay," she said. She glanced about. "Is Raven coming?"

117 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:18 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

"Perhaps later. For now she has some business to attend to."

he/him/his

81 Reviews

Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:40 am
View Likes
Lael says...

"I see." She did not really see. In the thinking sense, of course.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:44 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

"What brought you here, then?" He's mostly lost hope for getting any information on her world. At least he's gotten the hang of the modern era.

he/him/his

"My spelling is wobbly. It's good spelling, but it wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places."
— A.A. Milne