z

Young Writers Society

A School Of Corrupted Ones

Random avatar

Reviews: 52
Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:18 pm
View Likes
Abcdefg1 says...

"Something like that probably left some trace of itself behind, though," Ethan muttered. "Bits of glitch, static, things like that. Everything leaves a fingerprint. After all, we live in a world of code."
"I think it's worth a shot," Melody said, looking at Ai. "If we can find even a vague idea of what it is, we can develop a way to counter it. The sooner we take action, the sooner we can stop a second war from happening."

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:24 pm
View Likes
NothingMore905 says...

"good point, but if were not able to stop a second war from happening, will we be able to survive?" she looked at melody with a serious expression on her face "the truth is, its already started but its not full fledged yet.."

Random avatar

Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:30 pm
View Likes
Abcdefg1 says...

"Which is why we need to act now!" Melody insisted. "Maybe it's nothing, but better safe than sorry, right?"
Ethan nodded. "We can't let them sneak up on us a second time. The only reason we won the last war was because of a glitch in the system. I doubt we'll be so lucky again, so it's best to take as many precautions as possible."

27 Reviews

Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:46 pm
View Likes
NothingMore905 says...

"especially with this new generation and the stronger we've gotten to a point where some of us can shift the figment of reality itself.." she stood up "we won't win by default this time, its a life or death situation, even reality itself is at risk.."

Random avatar

Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:59 pm
View Likes
Abcdefg1 says...

Melody nodded, following Ai's movements. Ethan did the same, fidgeting restlessly with his bracelet.
"We need to get back to school and figure out what that stuff is," The glitch said, eyes glowing with determination. Finally, she could do something other than sit in the corner. She was tired of being treated like a porcelain doll, shut in a suffocating glass case. Now was her chance to fight, to prove that she was stronger than anyone thought. A wide grin spread across her face as she bolted out the door, Ai and Ethan following behind.

27 Reviews

Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:03 pm
View Likes
NothingMore905 says...

she followed close behind and then stopped, staring at a type of glitch in the corner of the restraunt and shook her head, catching up to them not now... she was then next to melody

Random avatar

Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:25 pm
View Likes
Abcdefg1 says...

As the school came into view, Melody skidded to a stop. Ai bumped into her shoulder, stepping back in confusion.
"What is it?"
"Jamie," Melody groaned. "He's looking for me."
Her brother stood at the front doors, scanning the grounds with cold grey eyes. He did not look happy.
"Is there a way we could sneak around him?" Melody asked.
"No," Ai muttered. "All the other entrances lock automatically once they close."
"Who are you talking about?" Ethan asked.
"My brother, Jamie," Melody replied, pointing. Ethan fell silent.
Taking a deep breath, the glitch stepped forward, keeping her head down. She put her hand on the cold brass handle and started to turn it.
"Hey!" She turned around to see Jamie standing over them, arms crossed. "Where do you think you're going?"
"Back to my dorm," Melody replied defiantly. "Is that a crime?"
"You can't be running away like that," Jamie growled, ignoring her question. "What would Dad say?"
"Dad sent me here to have fun before I die," Melody answered sharply. "Do you really want to take that away from me?"
"It's my job to protect you while you're here. And keep you from doing anything stupid." He lifted one eyebrow pointedly.
"I think I can take care of myself, thanks," Melody snapped. She yanked open the door and slipped inside, slamming it in Jamie's face.

27 Reviews

Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:07 pm
View Likes
NothingMore905 says...

she muffled a laugh and turned her head to the side, covering her mouth its nice to see her give her brother attitude for once she stood there, one arm crossed and the other over her mouth, muffling laughter

Random avatar

Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:24 pm
Abcdefg1 says...

Melody grinned, proud of herself. "Did you see the look on his face?"
The two girls cackled at the thought, listening to Jamie's frustrated huffing on the other side of the door.
"Remember why we're--mff--here," Melody said, pressing her lips against the laughter. "This is--hic--important."
She turned to Ethan, who had been following them silently down the hallway. If possible, his fingers were moving even faster than before, and his face had turned red.
"You okay?"
"I'm fine," He said quickly. "Just...not used to breaking rules."
"Relax, Jamie can't do anything. He's just bossy."
"Ahem. Yes. Bossy. Anyway, my dorm is down this hallway."
Melody and Ai followed him down the corridor, exchanging a glance as they did so.

27 Reviews

Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:33 pm
NothingMore905 says...

she smiled and uncrossed her arms, following close behind "its nice to see you be a brat to him, he was too bossy in the first place" she chuckled

Random avatar

Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:41 pm
Abcdefg1 says...

"He's just trying to protect me," Melody muttered. "Y'know, because of my glitch. I didn't mind it so much when I was little, but now that I'm sixteen...he really needs to let it go. I can't be his baby sister forever."

27 Reviews

Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:18 pm
NothingMore905 says...

"thats understandable, i get it, especially when your a teen and your at this age, but the bright side is that, your code will soon be replenished" she looked at melody and put hand on her head gently

Random avatar

Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:06 am
Abcdefg1 says...

"Here we are," Ethan said, swinging open the door to his dorm. it was sparsely furnished just like Melody's, except for a was a desk in the corner. Various tools were scattered across its surface--vials, pins, tweezers, and several other things, including a few papers covered in drawings of some sort of quadrupedal creature.
"What's this?" Melody asked, picking up one of the drawings.
"It's called a frog," Ethan replied. "They were these little semi-aquatic creatures called amphibians. They were wiped out during the war due to water pollution."
"Why do you have so many pictures of them?"
"I'm trying to figure out how to regenerate their coding. All their biological versions are gone, but if I can replicate them through programming..." He shook his head. "But that's not important right now."
He cleared a spot on his desk, revealing a laptop that had been buried under the clutter. Melody watched as he typed something in, fingers flying across the keyboard. When he was done, a small, flat piece of metal slid out of the side of the laptop. It kind of looked like the slides scientists use when looking at something through a microscope.
"I'll put the sample on here, then put it into the computer," Ethan explained. "It will analyze the coding to determine what it is."
"Won't the sample corrupt it, though?" Melody asked. "If it is from a Warper, that stuff could be extremely dangerous."
"I have several failsafes in place to prevent such a thing from happening," Ethan replied. He grabbed a small knife from the desk and reached up, scraping some plaster from the cracks in the wall. Tapping it onto the slide, he inserted it into the computer.

27 Reviews

Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:33 am
NothingMore905 says...

she watched in curiosity, not sure what to say in this moment and then she winced putting hand on her head, she turned her back to the other two and pressed the button on her forearm and looked at her code which was more corrupted then before shit! she then quickly walked out of the dorm and went to her dorm

Random avatar

Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:54 am
Abcdefg1 says...

"Where are you going?" Melody asked as Ai turned to leave.
"It's my code," She said swiftly. "I've got to go!"
She whisked around the corner, leaving Melody behind with Ethan. The glitch glanced at the boy, who was typing furiously on his computer. She sighed.
"Got anything?'
"Not yet," he replied, eyes glued to the screen. "I'm encountering some...difficulties."
Melody peered down the corridor. Ai had already disappeared.
"What kind of difficulties?" Melody asked, sitting down on the bed.
"The computer is having trouble identifying the substance," Ethan muttered. "My algorithms aren't bringing anything up."
Melody pulled at the hem of her hoodie, twisting it around her finger. The room was silent except for the clicking of Ethan's fingers against the keyboard.

The important thing is never to stop questioning.
— Albert Einstein