z

Young Writers Society

A School Of Corrupted Ones

Random avatar

Reviews: 52
Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:02 am
Abcdefg1 says...

Melody pursed her lips, watching Ai as the three of them walked down the hallway toward the headmaster's office.
"I'm...not sure I understand," She muttered. "Are you saying that one of your relatives could be a Warper?"

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:07 am
NothingMore905 says...

"i'm not sure, i never met my relatives before, it could be possible though and that also says i'm not just a Corrupted.." her hands started shaking slightly and became silent, then her hand clenched into a fist

Random avatar

Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:18 am
View Likes
Abcdefg1 says...

Melody placed a hand on Ai's shoulder, brow furrowed. She realized just how little she knew about this girl. She'd never mentioned where she came from, why she was at the school early, or even outright stated what her Corruption was. A tiny seedling of suspicion planted itself in Melody's stomach.
If she meant to harm me, she would've by now, The glitch thought. But...what if she was the one who caused the earthquake? It's pretty weird that it was so localized. And she noticed that localization very quickly...
Melody tugged on the hem of her hoodie, thinking. The hoodie that Ai had given to her...
I really shouldn't be thinking this. She's been so nice to me in the few days we've known each other. But...that could only mean I'm not her target. After all, she doesn't need to kill me to sow the seeds of war.

27 Reviews

Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:24 am
View Likes
NothingMore905 says...

she looked at melody and smiled, but her smile seemed sad and forced as if she was terrified or concerned, she didn't want to be the cause of the start of the war, she wouldn't be able to protect melody as well during the war, but she is willing to keep melody out of harms way even if it means risking her own life, for some reason this girl melody was special to her as soon as they met, but she never understood why..

Random avatar

Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:42 am
Abcdefg1 says...

Melody smiled back tightly, as if her facial muscles didn't quite know which way they were supposed to go. She took a deep breath.
One thing at a time. Alert the school first.
They had reached the tall blue-and-gold double doors of the headmaster's office, towering above them like the peak of a mountain. Ethan reached up and knocked, the sound reverberating off the walls and into Melody's bones.
"Come in," said a muffled voice.

27 Reviews

Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:49 am
NothingMore905 says...

she grabbed melodys hand gently and walked inside with her, she had to make sure melody is safe at all times, this is a vow she makes to herself to always keep melody safe no matter the cost, she doesn't want this beam of light to disappear from her reach

Random avatar

Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:15 am
Abcdefg1 says...

The headmaster was a tall, slightly pudgy woman with dark curly hair. She was sifting through some papers, red lips puckered so she resembled a duck.
"Yes? What do you want?" she asked, barely glancing at them. Ethan reached up and placed the laptop on her desk, standing on his tiptoes to see over the obnoxiously tall mahogany furniture.
"What's this?" She asked, arching one heavily penciled eyebrow at him.
"It's an error code," Ethan explained, pointing. "A Warper error code. We think they've infiltrated the school."
"And why do you think that?" the headmistress asked, an edge of exhaustion in her voice.
"There was an earthquake in corridor C," Melody piped up.
"I didn't feel any earthquake," the headmistress muttered, staring down at her.
"It was a localized event," Ethan interjected. "Only felt in a certain area."
The headmistress smirked. "Is this some sort of prank?"
"No!" Melody cried. "There's been an attack on the school! We need to evacuate, now!"
"The Warpers have been exiled for twenty years, sweetheart," the headmistress said.
"I'm not a sweetheart," Melody growled, but she was ignored.
"I see no reason to uproot all my staff and students over some rumor."
"But we have proof!" Ethan cried, prodding a finger urgently at the computer screen.
"You're so-called 'proof' is an error code used to scam people," the headmistress explained with the air of someone who was talking to small children. "Your computer has a virus, that's all."
"No it doesn't! I ran through all the code myself, there's nothing that shouldn't be there!" Ethan cried indignantly.
"Please, you have to believe us!" Melody pleaded. "They're going to attack the school!"
"Oh, but I don't believe you," the headmistress said. "There's no reason I should pay attention to a couple of panicked students."
She leaned forward on her desk, staring down at the teenagers.
"I have worked this job for nineteen years. I know a prank when I see one. Now, scurry along. I have better things to do than listen to your desperate ramblings."
Melody took a step back, appalled. "You're risking the lives of your students because you think this is a prank?!"
Her body glitched violently as her hands balled into fists. The headmistress narrowed her eyes.
"Security!"
Two blue-coded guards appeared out of nowhere, shepherding Melody and her friends toward the door. Ethan swiped the laptop off the headmistress' desk, shooting her a deadly look. Melody pushed against the guards, arms and legs flailing.
"Oh yeah, go back to your job!" she screamed. "I'm sure you'll do a bloody good job of it!"
"Oh, I will," the headmistress replied. "Good day."
And the doors slammed shut in their faces, leaving the trio with nothing but a laptop and an empty corridor.

27 Reviews

Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:23 am
View Likes
NothingMore905 says...

she sighed, irritated and then walked closer to melody, wrapping arms around her "it seems that its up to us to stop this war from happening, but were not strong enough yet, we have to train and in hopes that we succeed in saving every-" she was cut off by something flying towards them and her head shot behind melody, but it didn't seem real, a sudden flash then erupted her mind and revealed melody on the ground, a lifeless body, covered in blood, her eyes dead, her mouth slightly open no... it felt as if she couldn't breath, her body trembled, she was trapped in her own mind, its showing her a nightmare that may come true in the far future, she can only see things every now and then and they always come true...

Random avatar

Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:50 pm
Abcdefg1 says...

Melody whirled around as Ai crumpled to the ground, eyes wide and staring at something that wasn't there.
"What's going on?" Ethan cried, panicked. "Is she glitching?"
"Doesn't look like it," Melody replied. Whatever this was, it was much worse than a coding flaw. "Ai? Can you hear me? AI!"

27 Reviews

Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:58 pm
NothingMore905 says...

she couldn't make out what was happening, everything seemed silent, it felt as if she was being pulled into a dark place she didn't want to be, the beam of light, melody, was fading before her eyes, she couldn't face the fact that her death is soon. she then passed out and was still in a prison she called her mind..

Random avatar

Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:41 pm
Abcdefg1 says...

Melody watched as her friend collapsed, body lying limp on the cold floor.
"Help!" She screamed. "Somebody--anyone!"
Ethan checked Ai's pulse. "Her heart's beating, but I don't know for how long. It seems like she's having some sort of seizure."
Melody grabbed Ai's arm, trying to drag her forward. "We--need--to--get her--to--the nurse! Urghhh..."
The tiny glitch fell back, gasping for breath.
"I can't carry her, can you?"
"I can try..." Ethan leaned down and scooped up the unconscious Ai, holding her awkwardly in his thin arms. "...where did you say the nurse's office is?"
"All the way on the other side of the school," Melody muttered despairingly. "We're never gonna get there in time..."
"Well, we've gotta try, don't we?" Ethan's face was already turning red as he stumbled down the corridor. Melody did her best to help, but she wasn't much use.
Damn these stubby legs!
"What's going on here?" Jamie. Melody steeled herself, clenching her hands into fists.
"My friend just collapsed, we need to get her to the nurse,' she cried. "Move! We don't have much time!"
"I can help you carry her," Jamie offered, glancing at Ethan, whose spindly legs were barely keeping him upright.
Melody shook her head. "Fine! But move quickly, every second we lose is a chance she might not come back."
Jamie scooped Ai out of Ethan's arms and ran, Melody sprinting desperately behind him. They reached the nurse's office--finally!--and she burst through the door, body glitching violently. The startled nurse stared at her, glasses askew.
"We need a doctor--stat! Ai's had a seizure!"
Jamie rushed over to a bed, placing the unconscious girl on the crinkly paper. Melody sprinted over, bringing the nurse behind her.
"She just collapsed in the hallway," the glitch explained. "I...I don't know what happened."
Static buzzed as she grabbed Ai's hand, adrenaline giving way to tears. Oh, Ai...please don't die, I can't lose you now!

27 Reviews

Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:12 pm
NothingMore905 says...

she twitched slightly but then a few minutes later she woke up sitting up quickly, looking around frantically "w-what happened..?" she then saw melody who looked terrified and then she down, got up and kneeled in front of melody

Random avatar

Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:33 pm
Abcdefg1 says...

"Y-you just fell over," Melody stammered. "we thought you were having a seizure or something."
She tilted her head, narrowing her eyes a little. "What happened?"
She recovered awfully quickly...

27 Reviews

Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:48 pm
NothingMore905 says...

she looked to the side, almost ashamed to tell her "just..saw something terrifying and i couldn't handle it.." this was the truth but she didn't want to say the entire story just yet, shes not even sure if its true but they always come true, whatever she sees comes true, will she be able to stop melodys dreadful fate ahead of time..? she hasn't gotten the month, date, or year yet..

Random avatar

Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:43 pm
Abcdefg1 says...

Melody studied her friend. Ai's eyes had an odd hollow quality to them, like she had seen something terrible.
"Does that mean...you get visions?" Ethan asked.

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.
— Audrey Hepburn