z

Young Writers Society

Third Wheeling

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Wed Oct 18, 2023 5:25 am
View Likes
AkuRashomon says...

She suddenly woke up, but was half-asleep. She was tired from fighting with all her might. She had no scratches or injuries, her temperature just had changed because of the core that she has ate. Her braids seem to fall on her face, covering half of it. Every breath she took, it steamed out grey smoke.

I feel the presence of a person. I hope they don't worry about me. She pondered.
rashomon go brr

she/her

used to be loveissourgrapes

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Sat Dec 09, 2023 6:57 pm
View Likes
GengarIsBestBoy says...

Veronica poked Solana gently with her hoof. “Umm, like, are you okay? You totally almost died!”
That’s the thing with life: no one makes it out alive.

—Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice the Musical

[Gengar! :D they/she]
[Spooky month fan, internet cryptid, certified nerd]

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Sat Dec 09, 2023 7:27 pm
View Likes
Spearmint says...

"Yeah, you like, ignited the bush monster and it went woosh and you floated like woah and then you passed out-" Karter stuffed a tomato in his mouth so he'd stop rambling. He munched on it as he looked in concern between the girl and the ashes on the ground.
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

221 Reviews

Sun Dec 10, 2023 12:25 pm
View Likes
AkuRashomon says...

Solana felt the other people she has just met surrounding her. She woke up. "Woah."

She felt a hoof on her shoulder. It was the Veronica girl. Then, Karter added some words but she didn't understand it because she cannot understand people who ramble. He seemed worried about her.

"Hey, guys?" She sighs and got up on her feet. "I'm alright. I'm alright. I did swallow something I didn't know but I'm okay."

She mutters to herself. "Hopefully..." Her temperature went back to normal and she was very relaxed.

None of them spoke a word. Solana felt guilty because the others might have been worried about her.

"Well, I guess that wasn't the best way to introduce myself." Solana offered a handshake to the nearest boy to her. "Hey, I'm Solana and you must be...Karter?"
rashomon go brr

she/her

245 Reviews

Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:16 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Karter swallowed his tomato. "Yep, that's me. It's nice to meet you, Solana." He frowned in concern. "Do you want to go to the infirmary?"

Karter had never heard of anyone absorbing a core. Surely Dr. Greyton would have some ideas on whether that was healthy or not, though... The doctor was fortyish yet used slang like a fourteen-year-old, which made for an interesting first impression. But he knew his stuff. (Karter was speaking from experience. No, it wasn't because of his annoying habit of walking into walls while daydreaming... shhhh)
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

129 Reviews

Reviews: 129
Tue Dec 12, 2023 1:12 am
View Likes
yosh says...

"Uh, um, are you sure you're okay?" Cameron says, "I'm not really sure what you just did, exactly, but I think you should probably listen to Karter and visit the nurse, or something."

Cameron looks around, suddenly realizing the huge commotion that they've caused. There's a few people crowded around Solana, and already there were random pedestrians stopping by, curious about the situation.

Trying to diffuse the dangerous situation, Cameron raises his voice and says to everyone:

"Please don't worry! We didn't beat her up! She just ate a bush!"

Even more curious than before, the people start crowding around her, creating the opposite effect that Cameron intended. Should I have not said that?
they told me to never give up on my dreams.

so i took another nap

245 Reviews

Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:46 pm
View Likes
Spearmint says...

"She and the bush are fine, okay? No need to all gather here!" Well. Actually the bush was not fine, but-- minor details, yeah? Karter started trying to squeeze a path through the crowd, saying, "'Scuse me. Apologies. Make way, please."

The others followed him, and the crowd slowly dissipated. Karter took a deep breath when they'd finally reached the main pathway of campus and were on their way to the infirmary.

The infirmary was in a squat brick building with windows like wide eyes. An arched doorway led into a surprisingly modern interior. The floor was clean and smooth, and there were tasteful paintings of bits of nature on the walls. A row of cots (a few of them occupied) lined the right side of the room, and the doctor's desk was on the left side.

Dr. Greyton stood up from the desk. "Yo! 'Sup?" His lively dark eyes fell on Karter. "Kid, you walk into a wall again?"

"Hi, Dr. Greyton. And no, it's not for me this time," Karter said sheepishly. "Solana over here ate a bush creature."

The doctor's bushy black eyebrows shot up. "No cap? Well, that's a slay, but let's hope it doesn't slay her." He started rummaging through cabinets. "Now, I would give you a healing potion, but we're running low since our stash of sunflower monster seeds has mysteriously disappeared. All we got was this funky ransom note."

The note was a piece of paper on which a message was scrawled: "I has your sunflower monster seeds mwahaha >:3 Gimme gold and I give you seeds ;P"

Dr. Greyton suddenly smiled charmingly. "Now, I'm too broke to pay the ransom, so if it isn't too much trouble, could you brave students gather some more sunflower monster seeds? The sunflower monsters usually hang out in the fields near the forest."
mint, she/her

=D

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Thu Feb 01, 2024 12:41 am
View Likes
herbalhour says...

Suddenly, a bright green haired boy came out from one of the curtains. He had a large bruise on his forehead and was holding an ice pack to it. "Sorry Dr. Greyton! I didn't mean to stay here so long."

spotify
NOW PLAYING:
I Think He Knows, Taylor Swift
0:10 ──●───────── 2:55
◁∥ ||PLAY|| // STOP // ∥▷

~l o v e r~

herb/tea/hour! He/She

projects:
5 acts (poetry)
treading through abyss (novel)

129 Reviews

Reviews: 129
Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:43 am
View Likes
yosh says...

"Dr. Greyton, are you sure it's safe for us to be doing something like that?" Cameron asks, looking around nervously. He knows that sunflower monsters are not very formidable, but it's still a bit daunting.

"I mean, I think maybe we should just find the person who took all the sunflower seeds, right? I bet that will be a little safer, cause it looks like whoever did it isn't that serious . . ."

A thought suddenly pops up in Cameron's mind, of him singing a huge pile of gold into existence and 'paying the ransom' with this imaginary gold. He shakes his head, banishing the idea from his head. He doesn't feel like embarrassing himself today.
they told me to never give up on my dreams.

so i took another nap

245 Reviews

Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:58 pm
Spearmint says...

"No worries, Em. You feeling better?" Greyton turned to the group that had just walked in and hummed thoughtfully. "I suppose... Though silly words can conceal great power sometimes! Like, look at me! Slang plus awesome healing techniques." He grinned. "Well, whichever one it is, I'd like the sunflower seeds back as soon as possible. Perhapityhaps tomorrow?"
mint, she/her

=D

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:33 am
View Likes
herbalhour says...

Emret stifled a giggle. "Dr, what kind of made up nonsense is Perhapityhaps? Sounds like a random kind of monster. Anywho, what are you all doing?"

spotify
NOW PLAYING:
I Think He Knows, Taylor Swift
0:10 ──●───────── 2:55
◁∥ ||PLAY|| // STOP // ∥▷

~l o v e r~

herb/tea/hour! He/She

projects:
5 acts (poetry)
treading through abyss (novel)

245 Reviews

Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:13 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

"'Tis lovely and fabulous and fantastic nonsense, that's what it is! If I ever discover a new monster, perhapityhaps I will name it Perhapityhaps." Greyton skipped over to his desk again and started shuffling papers around. "And those kind people will be going on an epic quest to get some sunflower monster seeds! Either by seeking out the legendary sunflower monsters in the fields by the forest, or by confronting the dastardly culprit who stole the seeds." His voice lifted and lowered dramatically.

Karter waved awkwardly at the new person-- Em, Dr. Greyton had called him? "Hey. I'm Karter. I can shrink food."
mint, she/her

=D

221 Reviews

Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:39 am
View Likes
AkuRashomon says...

After Karter asked Solana if she wanted to go to the infirmary, she was too shy because her parents made her believe that doctors aren't needed if you are okay. But, she was also shy for her schoolmates who seemed very concerned about her. "Um, sure."

~~~

For hours and hours, her temperature hasn't changed. It is still burning hot but she does not feel any pain or something weird. It is just that her temperature hasn't changed. That is when the number of a doctor in the school named Dr. Greyton appeared on her phone. He says he wants to examine her because her schoolmates have mentioned she has eaten a core of a monster bush's core.

At the infirmary , she sit down on a chair, awkwardly staring at Dr. Greyton's awards pinned to the walls. At least, she is not as hot as a volcano----she would have burnt the seat she is seating on right now (it's leather). By now, a doctor appeared with a white surgical costume. He got a flashlight to examine her. "Hello, hello! You must be Solenn? Solan?"

"Solana." She corrects him.

"Oh." He pauses. "So, I have heard you ate something you know nothing of. I just want to examine you because you did something that seems to me, very stupid to do."

As he clicks to flash the flashlight, she opens her mouth. "Aah."

"Okay, your gums, teeth, and jaw are okay." He gets his stethoscope and checks my heartbeat. "You seem fine to me, Solenn. Why is all the fuzz about you eating the core? Maybe i should x-ray you but that will take all your money. Hmm, what should I do to this idio-"

"Sir, I am actually fine." She swallows up the saliva that grew thick in my throat. "My temperature just changed a lot in the past hours. I may not feel any painful or weird sensation but, I do have a very hot body. Like my temperature."

"Hmm?" The doctor puts his hands around her neck, checking my temperature. "Your temperature is like a very sick baby. Maybe this temperature may co-relate with your powers and all. Because no one has ever had this temperature before without feeling pain. However, that is just weird. Okay, hold up. Are you and your schoolmates caping to me that you just ate the thing?"

"No, no, sir. I actually did. I swear." She shakes my head.

"Well, I hope you ain't delulu." Dr. Greyton seems like he is keeping with the slang of the children nowadays. He writes something on a paper. "Solenn-"

"It's Solana."

"Solenn, Solana, potato, tomato, please sign this." He rips the pater from the notebook and hands it to me. "It says you should attend to me if you feel any pain in the further future. Even you are fine, throw this paper in the trash can. Gets?"

"Yes, Sir. Greyton." She bows down her head and accepts the paper by getting it from his hand. "See you?"

"Yeah, you may leave." He sighs.

Solana walks out of the door. She sees her schoolmates waiting for her. "Guys, I am sorry to keep you waiting out here. The doctor said that I am okay, if I am not, I have to sign this paper and give it to him, and go to back to the infirmary. Here."
rashomon go brr

she/her

Irresponsibly-conceived assignments don't deserve responsibly-executed complies.
— Persistence