z

Young Writers Society

Soul Catchers

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:22 pm
Shearwater says...

Hey guys! So I wanted to try something out and was wondering if anyone might want to join this storybook.

So basically, it's this:

Background
In this world, souls are just as real as the touch of water on your hand. From the beginning of time, there has been a special, gifted group of people who have dedicated their lives to serving as the portal between the living world and the afterplane (A soul sanctuary, sort of like Heaven). These people are named Soul Catchers and Exorcists. Their job is simple…make sure all souls get to the afterplane safely.

The Plot
Recently, there has been an accumulation of demons near large cities such as New York, London, Beijing, Paris, Chicago, Mumbai, Tokyo, Seoul, etc. The Organization believes that new portals from the underworld have been opened and more demons are being leaked through the gates. This is a major problem and before it becomes too dangerous, the Organization has sent out various squads to investigate who, what and why these portals have been opened.

You
You will play either a Soul Catcher or an Exorcist. Your mission is to investigate what is going on with the portals and the demons. There will be two teams of four and I will randomly select which team you will be assigned. If by popular demand, I might create another team but I’m sticking to two as of now.

So there's a lot more to it but I thought I'd share the basics of this. Soul Catchers was a novel idea I had a long time ago and I was thinking about how it'd make a pretty cool storybook - given the right characters and decided to post up something similar. PM me if you want more information and let me know if you have an interest in it so I can reserve a spot for you. ^.^
There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are.
-W. Somerset Maugham

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:45 pm
Tigersprite says...

I'm in I'm in I'm in! :D Can you reserved a spot and PM me some info? I don't get the difference between a Soul Catcher and an Exorcist.
"A superman ... is, on account of certain superior qualities inherent in him, exempted from the ordinary laws which govern men. He is not liable for anything he may do."
Nathan Leopold

816 Reviews

Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:51 pm
Shearwater says...

Awesome! I was actually hoping you'd join. Teehee.
I'll PM you the info now. ^.^
Thanks!
There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are.
-W. Somerset Maugham

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:04 pm
Tigersprite says...

Haha, of course I'd join. :D
"A superman ... is, on account of certain superior qualities inherent in him, exempted from the ordinary laws which govern men. He is not liable for anything he may do."
Nathan Leopold

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:43 pm
JabberHut says...

(Do you watch Supernatural?)

I think I'm interested! :D
I make my own policies.

816 Reviews

Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:25 pm
Shearwater says...

Cool! And no...I don't watch supernatural. D:
-W. Somerset Maugham

436 Reviews

Reviews: 436
Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:50 pm
AquaMarine says...

I'm interested. :)
"It is curious how often you humans manage to obtain that which you do not want."

-Spock.

Click if you love cookies

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:41 pm
View Likes
LiveLaughLove says...

Im sooooo in! :smt003
If you look deep enough you will see music; the heart of nature being everywhere music.
Thomas Carlyle

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.
Lao Tzu

1087 Reviews

Reviews: 1087
Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:21 pm
Sins says...

You know what, bro? I am well in. (I'm in)

This reminds me so much of Supernatural, and considering that's, like, the most epic show ever, I have no choice but to join. Shoobeedoobadab.

:smt003
I didn't know what to put here so I put this.

816 Reviews

Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:05 pm
View Likes
Shearwater says...

I've only watched one episode of supernatural that was way, way back in the day. Isn't that the one with the two guys fighting paranormal things or something like that?

Also, glad to have you, bro! I might have to expand this to three teams...maybe.
^.^
-W. Somerset Maugham

life is so much better with tater tots
— AilahEvelynMae