z

Young Writers Society

Can this be deleted for me?

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:15 am
View Likes
d@ydre@mer27 says...

Hey there, I was just wondering how I would go about getting someone to delete a few things from my portfolio if that's possible?
Thanks in advance!
-day
"A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere." ~courtesy of one of history's funniest men, Groucho Marx. ^_^

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:20 am
View Likes
Lumi says...

Unfortunately, that is impossible. Since YWS keeps track of post counts / reviews and gives rewards for those things, most things posted are maintained. However, you could always go in and remove the original text from your post by Editing it out.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:46 am
View Likes
d@ydre@mer27 says...

Many thanks Lumi! I'll try that...
"A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere." ~courtesy of one of history's funniest men, Groucho Marx. ^_^

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:52 pm
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

Also, you should probably change the title to "removed" or something similar to let people know the work's not there anymore. :) Usually, it's best to include a note that you removed something by saying "removed by author."
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

1220 Reviews

Reviews: 1220
Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:49 pm
View Likes
Kale says...

Also, you can hide deleted works in your portfolio.

Go to your profile and click the Portfolio tab. In the upper left corner, there should be [ Edit Portfolio ]. Hit that, scroll down to the works you want to hide, and there should be a link saying "Make X Invisible to Others". And there you go.

To go back to the regular view, scroll up the page and hit [ View Portfolio ]. The works you hid should no longer be visible.
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR

When your heart gets pierced with arrows, don't rip them out and pierce those around you in retribution for your hurt. You'll only unnecessarily wound others and bleed to death yourself.
— LadyMysterio