z

Young Writers Society

Hi, my points skyrocketed :)

336 Reviews

Reviews: 336
Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:19 pm
View Likes
Jas says...

I'm not sure if this is a bad thing but for weeks, my points were around 8900. Then today I log on and BOOM! My points are at 10196. How did that happen? I'm ashamed to say it but I haven't been reviewing much and I don't think anyone donated to me so....? :D
I am nothing
but a mouthful of 'sorry's, half-hearted
apologies that roll of my tongue, smoothquick, like 'r's
or maybe like pocket candy
that's just a bit too sweet.

~*~

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:47 pm
RayquazaKid says...

One possibility is that you reached a landmark during that time, or something time related happened. Perhaps you should check your statistics?
Call me RK :)

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:15 am
Rosendorn says...

Could be donations, could be a glitch in the system. Either one, really. Since we don't get alerts for donations anymore (I don't think? Correct me if I'm wrong) there's no real way to tell.

Also, as far as I know we have no "landmarks" where you get extra points. I'd rule out that.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

336 Reviews

Reviews: 336
Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:57 am
Jas says...

Why dont we get alerts when we get donated to? I'd love that to happen! When big companies donate to organizations, they get their name on some sort of papaer thingy!
I am nothing
but a mouthful of 'sorry's, half-hearted
apologies that roll of my tongue, smoothquick, like 'r's
or maybe like pocket candy
that's just a bit too sweet.

~*~

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:45 pm
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

It's something that Nate hasn't created yet, or can't be created because of the new format for YWS. Post that suggestion in Comments/Suggestions to get Nate to look at it. :) (Although he might not answer in a bit. He's a busy guy.)
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

Random avatar

Reviews: 110
Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:55 pm
View Likes
Karsten says...

I like that idea, jasmine. It would be good to be able to thank people who donate to you. You should definitely go to the Comments and Suggestions thread. :)

182 Reviews

Reviews: 182
Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:40 pm
View Likes
AspiringAuthorA..M. says...

That's why I just send people a PM saying something like, "I donated 2012 points to you." :wink: I actually have given someone that oddly apocalyptic number of points before. :lol:
"Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?”
-John 11:25-26

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:05 pm
Nate says...

I had no idea that no message was being sent. Please add it to the bug report thread so that I don't forget about it.

"Perhaps one did not want to be loved so much as to be understood."
— George Orwell, 1984