z

Young Writers Society

How does the rating system work?

Reviews: 2
Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:09 am
Monster says...

I see numbers and letters in blue boxes under rating and just wondering how the system works. Thanks!
Hover through the foggy vapors till I see you in a dream singing animals to sleep.

336 Reviews

Reviews: 336
Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:14 am
Jas says...

Well it goes by ages, if you see age 16 in a blue box, it means the author thought this would be better for people age 16 and over. If there is an E it means Everyone, 12 means age 12, stuff lke that, kind of like video games :) If you need more help just PM me anytime :)
I am nothing
but a mouthful of 'sorry's, half-hearted
apologies that roll of my tongue, smoothquick, like 'r's
or maybe like pocket candy
that's just a bit too sweet.

~*~

Reviews: 2
Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:20 am
Monster says...

ooh now I get it. Thank you very much! :)
Hover through the foggy vapors till I see you in a dream singing animals to sleep.

563 Reviews

Reviews: 563
Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:25 am
Writersdomain says...

Jasmine has it! Also, here's the official guidelines for rating:

E: For everyone, even Ewoks. You could read it to a teddy bear and not have to worry about a thing.

12+: Maybe the topic deals with something serious or contains a couple of low-key curse words.

16+: The topic has some minor mature content. If it's talking about a mature situation or an act of violence, it should be rated 16+.

18+: A topic should be rated R if it has any of the following elements:

- Graphic content
- It is sexually explicit
- Has strong language

Hope that helps! :D
~ WD
If you desire a review from WD, post here

"All I know, all I'm saying, is that a story finds a storyteller. Not the other way around." ~Neverwas

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:41 pm
Rosendorn says...

It should be added that 18+ is a mandatory rating. If your story has any content that requires an 18+ rating, it must be rated as such.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:12 pm
Elinor says...

Rosey Unicorn wrote:It should be added that 18+ is a mandatory rating. If your story has any content that requires an 18+ rating, it must be rated as such.

For instance, racy topics such as sex, drugs, violence, etc would require an 18+ rating.

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

Perhaps when we find ourselves wanting everything, it is because we are dangerously close to wanting nothing.
— Sylvia Plath