z

Young Writers Society

Posting Limits

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:14 pm
View Likes
writewannabe says...

Why are we limited to only two posts within a certain period? Do these limits go up the more times we post?

436 Reviews

Reviews: 436
Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:18 pm
AquaMarine says...

I think this should be in Questions, but I'll be happy to answer it anyway.

As I understand it, the posting limit is basically so that people don't flood the forums with their own work. If you have a lot of things you could post, why not compare them and just post the best? Or you can spread them out over a period of time. And remember: the more you review, the more people will review you!

If you have any more questions, feel free to PM me.

~Amy
"It is curious how often you humans manage to obtain that which you do not want."

-Spock.

Click if you love cookies

123 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 123
Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:21 pm
View Likes
Vanadis says...

Hello!

AquaMarine's right about the reason--so the whole forum isn't flooded by posts from one author. Unfortunately, the limit doesn't go up; it stays two per day. That's not so bad, though. If you have more than two, just post which you think are more ready, and work on editing the others a bit. Or, in the meantime, check out others' work, review (those are, like Amy said, always appreciated,) and check out groups and articles.

Take care!
We've got deep-fried water bears and horse wigs!

If you're slapped in Guam, you're slapped in real life. --chibibo

Need someone to review your novel? Why don't you try checking here? Buddy up!

Last time I checked, love had no gender.

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:41 pm
JabberHut says...

*moved to Questions and Answers*
I make my own policies.

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:55 pm
Nate says...

Vanadis and Aquamarine have already answered this question very well. I just wanted to add that the limit is also there to help you. If you post too many works at once, then that's a very good way of ensuring nothing you wrote will be read. By limiting it to just two at a time, you improve your chances of having your work read.

The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, prejudices; to be found only in the minds of men. For the record, prejudices can kill, and suspicions can destroy. A thoughtless, frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all of its own.
— Rod Serling, Twilight Zone