z

Young Writers Society

Poetry format.

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:18 pm
JSPike says...

Hey everyone, just got a quick question about the format that poetry is posted in.

When you submit poetry, why does it get posted in one big block with no breaks where the stanzas should be? Before I post the stanzas are all where they should be with the proper spacing and all that, but once it's actually posted it all comes up as one big block. :? Does anyone know why this is? And how do you fix it?

Oh, and thanks everyone for the warm welcome I've recieved on joining. :D
Recognizing and rewarding writing talent: RW Competitions

Request reviews here: Requests

" All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing "
-- Edmund Burke

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:20 pm
View Likes
Kamas says...

There might be a problem with your line breaks. People who have that problem use periods to separate the lines. So:

You want to
break it up
like this.

I'm not sure of the origin of this problem, but that's how others deal with it ^^
"Nothing is permanent in this wicked world - not even our troubles." ~ Charles Chaplin

#tnt

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:45 pm
Rosendorn says...

You can try switching the post settings to poetry. When you post a new topic, scroll down to the bottom to see "special formatting" under "options." One of the ways to format is "poetry." Never tried it myself, but it's worth a shot.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

A classic is a book which people praise and don't read.
— Mark Twain