Young Writers Society

Storybooks Question

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:55 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

I have a question!

How do storybooks usually read? That is, can you read it straight from one post to the next as if it were an actual book? Or would you say that you have to jump back and forth a lot?

1464 Reviews

Reviews: 1464
Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:05 pm
Juniper says...

It depends on the storybook! Some storybooks change point of view from character to character, while others in third person are just continuous. More often than not, I see character to character ones, and sometimes you do have to jump around to follow properly. Other times, (if the characters are all in the same place) it's easy to just read through it. It really depends on how the storybook is (or not :P) organized. ;)
"I'd steal somebody's purse if I could google it and then download it." -- Firestarter

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:48 pm
Rosendorn says...

Usually there is some sort of structure. Lately, a lot of storybooks have involved a group of people traveling from place to place, and they're rarely separated. So, in cases like that, it's really best to read from the beginning.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:28 pm
Kamas says...

Rosey Unicorn wrote:Usually there is some sort of structure. Lately, a lot of storybooks have involved a group of people traveling from place to place, and they're rarely separated. So, in cases like that, it's really best to read from the beginning.

Second.
"Nothing is permanent in this wicked world - not even our troubles." ~ Charles Chaplin

#tnt

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:46 am
Rydia says...

The smaller the group of characters, the easier it is to read from beginning to end. Sometimes too many writers over complicates a storybook and the chaarcters end up breaking into little groups and holding their own discussions and essentially plots.

It also depends on the writers' style of writing. If one writer's style is very different to the others it can sometimes break the flow.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:01 am
Kamas says...

I think Nate is smart and did this on purpose. *theorizes*
"Nothing is permanent in this wicked world - not even our troubles." ~ Charles Chaplin

#tnt

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:57 am
fire_of_dawn says...

True, true. I don't often participate in storybooks these days
(none with interesting subjects) but the best way is to have everyone
together.

As Kyte/Stori, I've had examples of good (Owl Wings) and not-so-good
(Typical Teens) storybooks.
"Do? I'll tell you what we'll do! We'll be ready!"
Matthias, from Redwall

"Life consists of doing the impossible."
Brother Fir, The Heir of Mistmantle

something I have been thinking about ever since I saw the Super Mario Bros movie is how once I took a "what Nintendo character are you" quiz and I got Waluigi.
— Elinor