z

Young Writers Society

Reviews???

Random avatar

Reviews: 28
Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:20 pm
mollytate says...

Can anyone tell me what reviews are and what the gold stars mean? I have one gold star and five reviews and I have no idea what either mean :? . Are reviews written? If so, where can I read them?

Also, how do you PM people? I've tried twice and it goes to my outbox everytime. What do you put in the little rectangular box at the top?

~mollytate

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:30 pm
Stori says...

Reviews are just telling what you like and think should be improved in a piece of work. Click on the "reply" button at the bottom of the screen to post.

Those stars are like badges for reviews. The more you post, the more stars you earn.

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:34 am
Elinor says...

Also, how do you PM people? I've tried twice and it goes to my outbox everytime. What do you put in the little rectangular box at the top?

~mollytate

I'm not quite exactly sure what the outbox means, but if you get a screen that says,
"Your private message has been successfully sent,"
Then they got it.
The rectangular box is for adding users! Did that answer your question? Welcome to YWS, by the way :D

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

201 Reviews

Reviews: 201
Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:08 am
peanut19 says...

You have to put the user's name you are sending the PM to in the box then click add beside it. Then put in a title and type the PM and hit send. It will tell you if it sent and if you don't put in a title it will redirect you to the message.
Reviews are the critiques you have given other people. As you give more you get more stars.
Review Stars <---That will explain what the stars are for.

Hope I answered all your questions.

~peanut~
There is a light in you, a Vision in the making with sorrow enough to extinguish the stars. I can help you.
~And The Light Fades

The people down here are our zombies, who should be dead or not exist but do.
~Away From What We Started

P.S Got YWS?

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:15 am
View Likes
Kamas says...

The outbox are the messages that have not been opened by the people you sent them to.

For example, if I sent a message to peanut19 and she hasn't opened it, it will remain in my outbox until she does.

Hope that helps.

Kamas
"Nothing is permanent in this wicked world - not even our troubles." ~ Charles Chaplin

#tnt

436 Reviews

Reviews: 436
Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:43 pm
AquaMarine says...

Reviews are the comments that you write for peoples' work. Reviews are comments over 250 characters, by the way. So you've reviewed people when you've clicked reply on someone's work and written your comment on it.

To see your own reviews, go to My YWS > My Profile > Lit. Comments. There will be a list of all the reviews you've done.

The Gold Stars show how many reviews you've done. You have 1 gold star, which means you've done 5 reviews! Here's the full(ish) list of what the stars mean:

1 gold star: 5 reviews
2 gold stars: 25 reviews
3 gold stars: 75 reviews
4 gold stars: 150 reviews
5 gold stars: 250 reviews

1 blue star: 350 reviews
2 blue stars: 450 reviews
3 blue stars: 550 reviews
4 blue stars: 650 reviews
5 blue stars: 750 reviews

1 orange star: 850 reviews
2 orange stars: 950 reviews
3 orange stars: 1050 reviews
4 orange stars: 1150 reviews
5 orange stars: 1250 reviews

Hope this helped! If you have any more questions, feel free to PM me!

~Amy
"It is curious how often you humans manage to obtain that which you do not want."

-Spock.

Click if you love cookies

"He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."
— Fredrich Nietzche (Philosopher)