z

Young Writers Society

My friend can't create a YWS account

Reviews: 2
Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:37 pm
View Likes
Gracie12 says...

My friend tried to create an account, and YWS said to check her email for a confirmation and activation link. When she checked her email, and spam folder, the email wasn't there, even after hours of waiting. My 2nd friend tried to create an account for her with multiple different emails, which also did not work. I myself tried to create an account for her, and no activation email came.

This happened over the course of February 2 to 4. On Feb 3rd, my 2nd friend left a message under the Contact Us page, and has not hear a reply.

Today, my 2nd friend finally got an email of activation. She used it and tried to get that account to join a club that I am in. However, the account promptly kicked her out, and she cannot log back in. When she tries to log in, it says that the account is not activated.

This whole process is seriously frustrating for all 3 of us. Can we please get an activation email or at least some answers?

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:43 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

Sorry for the frustration - not sure why that is happening.

Some trouble-shooting options:

1) If you are using a school email, it is possible your school may block outside sites like YWS from sending you emails.

2) If it's just your usual email, try checking your spam folder after refreshing, often times the email gets there for some reason.

3) If it's not in your spam folder the best option is to use the contact mods button at the top of the screen which will send a message to the Global Moderators - be sure to include your friend's username in the contact, and we will get to it as fast as we can.

If you have already sent a message to the "Contact Mods" button and haven't gotten a reply, that means we are working on the issue and will reply as soon as we are able. Sometimes these things take discussion before we can respond so that user + site safety can be maintained.

Sorry for the delay.
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

Poetry lies its way to the truth.
— John Ciardi