z

Young Writers Society

Ask a question here (or start a new topic!)

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:52 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

I have a question, and it's driving me insane: Can you, and if you can, how do you delete your own stories/topics? I simply cannot find a way, and it's driving me insane!

Thanks,

-Kaz
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:39 pm
niteowl says...

You can delete your own posts if no one has responded to them by clicking the "X" icon that should be at the top line of your post by the "Edit" and "Quote" buttons.

If someone has responded, the best you can do is click on "Edit" and then delete all the text. In that case, you might want to put something like "Content deleted."

Personally, I'm not sure deleting your stories is the wisest idea. You might want to look at them again someday. At the very least, your worst attempts can serve as examples to avoid in your next story.

Hope that helped!
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:52 pm
Meshugenah says...

Also, if you decide you really do want the topic deleted, all you have to do is ask a mod or an admin (dark green and red in color respectively).

But I'll second Tae's comment: it is fun to look back on old work, no matter how bad it may be. Some of mine that was supposed to be all "dark and dreary" is downright hilarious... and I've left it on YWS for kicks. But it's really up to you as the author. You just have to ask the right people for help, sometimes!
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:55 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

Great, thanks! I've got them all saved on my PC anyway, but I think I'll still leave them up here now. Just as a back-up.
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:52 am
Goldenheart says...

If a catfight breaks out in a forum, and people start saying nasty things to each other, what do we do? Intervene, or notify somebody else? PM them privately, or post it on the forum where the argument broke out? Not that I'm going to become the site manners police...I was just wondering. And if somebody has a tendancy to be rude to everybody, what is the proper procedure?

Goldie
"I hate the word 'Truce'. It means 'Fun's over'." ~My little sister

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:00 am
Emerson says...

Proper procedure:

PM a mod. If it is in a specific section where there is a Jr. Mod (like me in the fiction forum) PM them. Or, better yet, Pm a mod who is actually on at the time, and they'll take care of it. If it seems like the person is being above and beyond "rude" and are doing things that are against the rules, you could also PM a mod, but PMing one of the admins in that case is best (Firestarter, Nate, Meshugnah).

Make sure to include the persons screen name, a link to where they are being abusive (or more than one link, depending on what is going on) and for the sake of it, explain things. But don't try to take the fight into your own hands, and calm things down (though a general "knock it off" is fine, but can sometimes create more problems) it's just best to pm a mod/jr. mod/admin.

Hope that helped? :-D
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:02 am
Goldenheart says...

Yeah. Thank you.

Goldie
"I hate the word 'Truce'. It means 'Fun's over'." ~My little sister

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Thu May 10, 2007 10:36 pm
tjmk says...

Hey, if I save a message as a draft, how do I go back and finish it?
I can't find it in the saved box in my messages.
If you can figure this out then thank you.
That's all, for now...
-tjmk
"An absolute monarchy is one in which the sovereign does as he pleases so long as he pleases the assassins."
--Ambrose Bierce

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Thu May 10, 2007 10:41 pm
Emerson says...

If you go to either forum, community or literary, so long as it is the front page, there is a link at top that reads "View your drafts and topics you have posted to" the link is over to the right, and the top.

(sorry, that seemed incoherent, didn't it?)
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Thu May 10, 2007 11:16 pm
tjmk says...

Eureka! It works!
Thanks Claudette.
That's all, for now...
-tjmk
"An absolute monarchy is one in which the sovereign does as he pleases so long as he pleases the assassins."
--Ambrose Bierce

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Tue May 15, 2007 7:39 pm
Alainna says...

For some reason my avatar won't show. It used to come up for the last like 3 months but all of a sudden it won't show. It's got nothing to do with the avatar criteria, it just won't show all of a sudden!!! :?

Can anybody help???
Thanks,
Alainna
xxxxxx :(
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

657 Reviews

Reviews: 657
Tue May 15, 2007 7:40 pm
Jennafina says...

A lot of avatars aren't right now, but I'm pretty sure it's just because of the move. You could check back later and see if it's returned. :)
Jennafina's Love Your Body Already Dammit Campaign

forum353.html

(To find out what it really is, just click.)

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Tue May 15, 2007 7:42 pm
View Likes
Alainna says...

Thanks Jenna, I'll try again when I come on tomorrow and see if it's back....

The mystery of the disappearing avatar!!!!

Alainna
xxxxxxx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

368 Reviews

Reviews: 368
Thu May 17, 2007 9:46 am
Shine says...

Hey even that happened with me.All the avatars were not being shown,it wasn't showing,but now it is.:D
"A good plot is like a dream.If you dont write down your dream on paper the moment you wake up,the chances are you'll forget it and it'll be gone forever"-Roald Dalh.

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Fri May 18, 2007 5:47 pm
Leja says...

When posting a link, how can you change it so that it displays as the typical blue link saying what you want instead of the entire hyperlink.

Oh dear, that was wordy and confusing.

Okay, how can "www.this-is-a-website-address/that is/really_long.com" be renamed to something like "website" that links to the website?

What about the chicken, Jack?
— David Letterman