z

Young Writers Society

Ask a question here (or start a new topic!)

657 Reviews

Reviews: 657
Fri May 18, 2007 5:57 pm
Jennafina says...

YWS

That?

You type [url=*then insert the url*]End the brackets, and put what you want it to say, then:[/url]
Jennafina's Love Your Body Already Dammit Campaign

forum353.html

(To find out what it really is, just click.)

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Fri May 25, 2007 11:31 pm
Leja says...

Yes! Jenna, you've done it! *eyes wide in awe; not only because Jenna has done it, but because Jenna has sifted through Amelia's wordiness to understand what she meant!* I had been putting quotation marks instead of stars.

Thank you!

657 Reviews

Reviews: 657
Sat May 26, 2007 2:14 am
Jennafina says...

Lol!

Don't put the stars in, either. Just the text. I just put the stars in so it wouldn't show up as a failed url.
Jennafina's Love Your Body Already Dammit Campaign

forum353.html

(To find out what it really is, just click.)

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Thu May 31, 2007 7:27 pm
jessibee says...

hey, can anyone tell me how i join a usergroup?? i just can't seem to figure it out...

& another thing...if i was planning on submitting something but then decided to save it as a draft, umm...how can i get it back?

xclueless jess
"I may disagree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."
-Voltaire

459 Reviews

Reviews: 459
Thu May 31, 2007 7:30 pm
Poor Imp says...

Well, as for your first question -- Go to the tool bar at the top of your 'net window, mouse over "Forums" and and click on "Manage Groups". Find the group you'd like to join, scrolling through the list; click on "Usergroupd Information" or whatever the little button is. Once you're there, there will be a list of current members, and a button to the right saying "Subscribe".

If you select that, you'll be accepted as soon as the group mod has the chance to add you. ^_^

About the other one, I'm not entirely sure. I'm afraid I've never done it.

IMP
ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Thu May 31, 2007 7:33 pm
Firestarter says...

Go to forums on the top bar, select any of the three, let the page load up -- look to the top right, just below the Google ads, there should be something about Viewing Drafts. Click there to find it.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Thu May 31, 2007 7:50 pm
jessibee says...

thank you poor imp & firestarter!! i took care of both problems! gosh, people here are really nice! thanks again!

xjess
"I may disagree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."
-Voltaire

Random avatar

Reviews: 156
Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:45 pm
McMourning says...

I probably know this somewhere in my brain, but I can't remember how to access saved drafts. I thought it was under "My Stuff", but that's only my watched topics and portfolio. Anyone know?
"One voice can be stronger than a thousand voices, " Captain Kathryn Janeway

459 Reviews

Reviews: 459
Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:50 pm
Poor Imp says...

Firestarter wrote:Go to forums on the top bar, select any of the three, let the page load up -- look to the top right, just below the Google ads, there should be something about Viewing Drafts. Click there to find it.

I think Jack got it rather well, there. ^_^
ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

Random avatar

Reviews: 156
Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:52 pm
McMourning says...

Oh, I guess I wasn't paying attention.

Thanks, Imp!
"One voice can be stronger than a thousand voices, " Captain Kathryn Janeway

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:07 pm
JabberHut says...

Can I post a story that's religious based? I didn't want to start posting it until I know for sure if I could. I don't want to cause any trouble.
I make my own policies.

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:09 pm
Emerson says...

Yes, of course you can =D

We don't censor work, we just rate it.
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:40 pm
omgsh mikey says...

I'm not sure if anyone has asked this, but how do you put a headline above your writer status? I've been trying to figure it out since I joined, but I can't find anything.

:)
"This band is metal in that we have a lot of metal in our instruments, and there's quite a lot of metal on my belt buckle as well." - Mikey Way

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:17 pm
Leja says...

This is a custom title, and it becomes an option in the "My YWS" section after you've made (I think) 250 posts.

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:50 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

It's as soon as you become a Speaker of the Forum, which is either, as Amelia said, 250 or 500 posts. I have a feeling it's 500, but I'm not sure.
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

The heavens laugh with you in your jubilee; my heart is at your festival.
— William Shakespeare