z

Young Writers Society

Author Notes

Random avatar

Reviews: 1
Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:33 am
View Likes
Speedstar101 says...

Hello, I currently have only written on Wattpad, so this is a new thing for me, do Authors usually write A/N(Author's Notes) On their chapters on this website? Just wondering what the convention on this website was. Wanted to be sensitive to joining a new community. Does this make sense? Thanks! :D :D
-In Him
--Speedstar101
---SDG

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:42 am
Vervain says...

Hey there!

It's up to the individual author whether they write a note or not! Some do all the time, some never do, and some do only part of the time. Personally, I like to include an author's note should there be sensitive information or background information necessary to the scene or story.

As long as it's clearly marked at the beginning/end of a piece (whichever you like!), it shouldn't cause any confusion in your readers.

Welcome to YWS, Speedstar, and I hope you have a great time!
stay off the faerie paths

Owning our story can be hard but not nearly as difficult as spending our lives running from it. Embracing our vulnerabilities is risky but not nearly as dangerous as giving up on love and belonging and joy—the experiences that make us the most vulnerable. Only when we are brave enough to explore the darkness will we discover the infinite power of our light.
— Brené Brown