z

Young Writers Society

Regarding swearing

198 Reviews

Reviews: 198
Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:06 am
Dreamworx95 says...

Hello! I'm still getting the hang of the new site so I'm not sure about guidelines regarding swearing in creative pieces. I have a short story I'd like to post but there are a few swear words in there. Do I need to put a disclaimer in the title?

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:33 pm
View Likes
niteowl says...

We don't censor literary works, but we do ask that they be rated appropriately. Once you've published a piece, you'll see an options window where you can set the rating. Also no swearing in the title/description.

A more specific note about language: any use of the "f" word merits an 18+ rating.

The YWS Censorship Policy
Content Ratings Guidelines
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:32 am
Iggy says...

Also want to add that if you aren't sure if you should put a rating on your work or not (as in, if you aren't sure if a curse word is "18+" worthy), feel free to PM myself or another moderator. A second opinion always helps. :)
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

Daddy Long Legs are more closely related to crabs than spiders and somehow the idea of crablike creatures with spider legs that have escaped the entrappings of the primordial sea and now crawl over land and can walk up and down walls and ceilings creeps me more than I can adequately describe.
— Snoink