z

Young Writers Society

Ask a question here (or start a new topic!)

89 Reviews

Reviews: 89
Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:21 pm
brassnbridle says...

sounds good thanks :)

Ok I've got another one- hope it doesn't sound too stupid. I have an older story I posted here quite a while ago and I've decided to finish it, but the post is locked, and I didn't lock it. Do ancient posts automatically lock after a while, or am I missing something that should be obvious?
If there's a book you really want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it.~Toni Morrison

It is written in m life-blood, such as that is, thick or thin; I can do no other~ Tolkien

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:33 am
Rosendorn says...

Brass- It could have gotten bumped at one point (a new comment on an old story) and a moderator locked it. Just PM somebody in green with the link and we'll unlock it for you. :)
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

111 Reviews

Reviews: 111
Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:09 pm
Kiwisatsuma says...

Are we allowed to post about novel length fanfiction in the book review section? (I read an amazing fanfiction and I need somewhere to ramble about how brilliant it is :D)

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:41 pm
Rydia says...

A post about fanfiction would be better placed in the lounge or randomness since it isn't a published book ^^
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

111 Reviews

Reviews: 111
Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:11 pm
Kiwisatsuma says...

Okay, thanks :)

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:14 am
Vampyre says...

Um...sorry, I feel stupid for not being able to work it out...but how do you change your username?? Thanks
That night she drew her swan breath in a bed
Made soft with all her razor blades,
That kissed her wrists with the romance you lacked.
As the hands that you’d kissed now dealt the trades

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:29 am
Snoink says...

VampyreErotyca wrote:Um...sorry, I feel stupid for not being able to work it out...but how do you change your username?? Thanks

You can't actually change your username! You would have to ask an admin, give the admin the reason why you want to change your username, and hope that the admin actually changes your username. It's a bit of a hassle, but we don't want people to change their usernames every five minutes -- it adds to a lot of unnecessary confusion! :)
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

23 Reviews

Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:34 am
Vampyre says...

Ah, ok, thank you. How would I go about contacting an admin?

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:12 am
Snoink says...

PMing is the best way! Admins are in red.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

23 Reviews

Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:13 am
Vampyre says...

Ok, will do. Thanks Snoink :) Love the name, by the way!

205 Reviews

Reviews: 205
Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:54 pm
Kagi says...

Um Heey..
Im new here. How do I get friends.. How do I ask people to be my friend. What are points?!
Thx please reply soon.
From kakgirl who is v. confused..
xxx
Got YWS?

If, when you mean to type yes you type yws, you know you belong. :P

537 Reviews

Reviews: 537
Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:02 pm
Evi says...

Hey Kakagirl, I'm Evi. :) Nowadays we're on a "Follower" system instead of "Friending" one, so if you'd like to "follow" a member, just click on the "[Follow _____]" link under their avatar! You can find this either on the member's profile or any of their posts. If you're looking to meet new people and make new friends, dive right in! We have a Chat room where, if your parents are okay with it, you can talk with other young writers. If you just start talking to people, reviewing, and hanging around, you'll make plenty of friends in no time.

And points are earned whenever you write a review on someone else's story/poem, or if someone decides to donate points to you.

PM me if you have any more questions! ^_^
"Let's eat, Grandma!" as opposed to "Let's eat Grandma!": punctuation saves lives.

463 Reviews

Reviews: 463
Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:57 am
megsug says...

I'm a new member and I was looking at all the catagories for literary works. I don't have many finished works but I have beginnings. Could I put chapters in the short stories or would I have to type it all out in the novel section?
Test

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:09 am
Kamas says...

You can put your chapters in the novels. When you put a second related post in the same forum there will be an option that asks if they go together, you can say yes and they'll all be linked in each other.
"Nothing is permanent in this wicked world - not even our troubles." ~ Charles Chaplin

#tnt

463 Reviews

Reviews: 463
Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:10 pm
megsug says...

Okay. Thanks.
Test

A person is a fool to become a writer. His only compensation is absolute freedom. He has no master except his own soul, and that, I am sure, is why he does it.
— Roald Dahl