z

Young Writers Society

Ask a question here (or start a new topic!)

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:36 am
Emerson says...

Then perhaps you should figure out what it is before posting it? :-p

If you aren't entirely sure what it is you are trying to post than maybe you need to dig more into it so that way you can figure out if it is a story, image, or a poem...It could just be trash. You never know.
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

563 Reviews

Reviews: 563
Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:36 am
Writersdomain says...

The Other forum is a pretty place full of stories that are more like poems and images that are more like stories and all of the like. Your story that is more like a poem that is more like an image that is more like a poem would fit nicely there. :wink:
~ WD
If you desire a review from WD, post here

"All I know, all I'm saying, is that a story finds a storyteller. Not the other way around." ~Neverwas

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:41 am
Nate says...

Well, I suppose it is just a picture of crumpled receipt... but art is art! And it tells a beautiful poem of what I bought today!

I don't think it's other though. I kind of feel like it can't be placed in a 'category,' like a 'category' would be too confining and not truly indicative of the creativity that I have developed in this one little thing. 'Other' is just a 'category' and I will not succumb to your authoritarian ways!

Is there a forum for more free-thinking, erudite individuals such as myself where I can post the most brilliant thing yet conceived?

563 Reviews

Reviews: 563
Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:51 am
Writersdomain says...

If you are contemplating a brilliant new forum, I suggest beginning a topic to discuss the creation or PMing an administrator (the ones with red names), as they might be able to help you further. :wink:
~ WD
If you desire a review from WD, post here

"All I know, all I'm saying, is that a story finds a storyteller. Not the other way around." ~Neverwas

2058 Reviews

Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:51 am
Emerson says...

You could just put it in the overall "Other" section.
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:06 pm
Leja says...

Yes, despite what some people think, there are actually those of us who look through the Other section every now and again :wink:

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:06 pm
Rydia says...

If it's really that amazing, you could put it in the lounge. That's where all the special threads go :razz:
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:29 pm
Masado Kiyashi says...

I am new here. What do I do?

2058 Reviews

Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:32 pm
Emerson says...

The first thing you should do is post in the welcome thread (your own post :D) and tell us who you are. Why did you join? What do you like to write, to read, to do in your free time? Anything really. You could just say hi. Of course you should also read all the FAQs and rules and guidelines--there is so much on the site, hah. After that, go read stuff? Or what ever. Make friends! ^_^

I hope that helped.

721 Reviews

Reviews: 721
Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:54 pm
Azila says...

Nate wrote:Is there a forum for more free-thinking, erudite individuals such as myself where I can post the most brilliant thing yet conceived?

Ask Nate about it, maybe he'll create one for you! :wink:

Hehe...
~Azila~

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:33 pm
shayna says...

How do I view what writing I've posted and how do I know if someone has commented on it?

220 Reviews

Reviews: 220
Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:38 pm
Sleeping Valor says...

If you go to 'My YWS' and scroll down, then you will see 'My Portfolio'. If you click there it will show you work you have posted and also the number of replies and views it's received.

You can also acess your portfolio from your profile page.
I'm like that song stuck in your head; I come and I go, but never truly dissapear.

And apparently I also write a blog.

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:12 pm
Meshugenah says...

You can also hit the little icon right by your username to get to your portfolio! See, I circled it below! (maybe I'm a little too proud that I finally figured out how to do that...)

Also! You can "watch" a topic, which means when a new reply is posted, you'll get an email alert. To do that, you click the link at the bottom of the topic page, or when you are posting, you check the box that says "notify me when a reply is posted." Either one works! Hope that helps!
Attachments
YWS tutorial1.jpg
YWS tutorial1.jpg (126.29 KiB) Viewed 685 times
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

220 Reviews

Reviews: 220
Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:08 am
Sleeping Valor says...

Okay, I've been writing this story and some people asked me to keep them updated. Now, the first time I sent a PM to them all (put the usernames in, separated by a semi colon), it worked (but there were only 3 at the time). But after that any time I tried to send a PM to more than one username, it told me that one of them didn't exist, rotating between names if I changed the order in which they were put.

Is this because you can't actually send a PM to more than one person at once, or have I encountered a problem that someone can help me figure out?
I'm like that song stuck in your head; I come and I go, but never truly dissapear.

And apparently I also write a blog.

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:17 am
Nate says...

You can't send a PM to more than one person at once. Not sure how you were able to do it that one time.

"And what is the use of a book," thought Alice, "without pictures or conversations?"
— Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland