z

Young Writers Society

Ask a question here (or start a new topic!)

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:33 pm
View Likes
MyrddinDerwydd says...

Besides, for every story you post, you should do at least two critiques. If you follow this, then you should have no problem. :)

Actually, since you can only get a max of 50 points per review, it doesn't balance. You have to do at least three.

However, I've also been given points for posting the stories themselves, and haven't had any taken away...
Be not the first by whom the new are tried, nor yet the last to lay the old aside. -Alexander Pope

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:37 pm
View Likes
Cpt. Smurf says...

MyrddinDerwydd wrote:
Besides, for every story you post, you should do at least two critiques. If you follow this, then you should have no problem. :)

Actually, since you can only get a max of 50 points per review, it doesn't balance. You have to do at least three.

However, I've also been given points for posting the stories themselves, and haven't had any taken away...

It does balance, because, as you've said, you still get the 50 points for posting, and, as 150 is taken away, it is, in actual fact, only costing you 100 points.
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

220 Reviews

Reviews: 220
Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:14 am
View Likes
Sleeping Valor says...

I've hunted around, not found anything, so here's my question:

If we put a story in a forum, and realize it would be better off in a different one (as in you posted it in Adventure/action because there was supposed to be action, then as you continued the story you realized it's actually a fantasy and there is nil action and now are stuck with a chapter in a forum where it doesn't fit and is separate from the rest of the chapters), how can we get it moved?
I'm like that song stuck in your head; I come and I go, but never truly dissapear.

And apparently I also write a blog.

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:58 am
Meshugenah says...

Of course you can! Just send a PM to me, or one of the mods (dark green), or one of the JMs (light green) responsible for the forum where the piece is currently posted. Any of us can move it for you!
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

134 Reviews

Reviews: 134
Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:14 pm
View Likes
aestar101 says...

I wanted to post a story, is there a chance that someone might plagiarize it? :?: :?:

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:18 pm
Rydia says...

It's very unlikely.

If you're worried though, you can always copyright it. Just mail or e-mail the story to yourself.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

220 Reviews

Reviews: 220
Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:17 pm
View Likes
Sleeping Valor says...

Mailing is better, you get a nice little official stamp and everything. ^_^

Another question, not sure if this is where to ask though. I've recently run into a few stories where the authors have preserved the original formatting (typewriter font)...and each time it's like there's no word warp for me. No one else seems to have the problem, but for me the paragraphs just run on one single line across the page so I have to scroll right for a zillion miles just to read it.

Does anyone know why this is hapenning?
I'm like that song stuck in your head; I come and I go, but never truly dissapear.

And apparently I also write a blog.

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:23 am
View Likes
Nate says...

Sleeping Valor ->> It'll do that in Safari because Apple's browser works very differently than Firefox or Internet Explorer. The only suggestion I have right now (and I know it's not a very good suggestion) is to use Firefox when viewing the site. In the past, I never worried about it because so few users used Safari, but I guess I gotta figure out the problem soon since the number of Safari users is climbing.

105 Reviews

Reviews: 105
Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:05 am
View Likes
1dering at stars says...

Can you post more than one contest at a time?
Of course it's happening in your mind, but why on earth should that mean it isn't real?

488 Reviews

Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:10 am
View Likes
Meshugenah says...

Do you mean host a contest? Of course! Just be sure you are able to handle doing two contests at once -- especially if one is popular!

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

425 Reviews

Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:12 am
Nate says...

How can I post my story?

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:16 am
View Likes
Emerson says...

You can go to the drop down menu under "writing" then go to "submit something" and the page there will come up with a list of places where you can post. Be sure to find the right place to put your work so us mods don't have to move it for you ^_~ Keep in mind though that you should critique people before posting your own work!

(I humor you?)
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

425 Reviews

Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:22 am
View Likes
Nate says...

Suzanne wrote:You can go to the drop down menu under "writing" then go to "submit something" and the page there will come up with a list of places where you can post. Be sure to find the right place to put your work so us mods don't have to move it for you ^_~ Keep in mind though that you should critique people before posting your own work!

I'm so confused! I did everything you said, but I have a poem to post, and I don't know if it's dramatic, lyrical, narrative, or other!

488 Reviews

Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:24 am
View Likes
Meshugenah says...

Well, other is always a good choice! But, if you want a second opinion, you can always PM it to me, or one of the poetry mods! (light green in color, under the group "poetry crew," which can be found on an of the poetry forums).

I <3 Rydia

425 Reviews

Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:26 am
View Likes
Nate says...

Meshugenah wrote:Well, other is always a good choice! But, if you want a second opinion, you can always PM it to me, or one of the poetry mods! (light green in color, under the group "poetry crew," which can be found on an of the poetry forums).

But, it's more like a story than a poem, and more like an image than a story, and more like a poem than an image!

When all think alike, no one is thinking very much.
— Walter Lippmann