z

Young Writers Society

Subete no Owari. Just an excerpt from the story.

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:11 pm
alackofambiguity says...

The war had been raging for more than fifty years now. It showed no signs of dissipating, yet most soldiers could not put a reason to their hatred. All that they knew was that the enemy was violent and savage. Capable of only hatred and bloodshed. So the only cause of action was to purge the world of the savage plague making children scared of the shadows for what they might hide.
The moment a child had the strength to bear arms they were sent out to defend their homes. Gender did not matter, they were viewed only as lumps of met. Meat that could protect the states best interests.
Two giants one to the west, one to the east. Lord Chronos kept to the dark side of the planet, his kind worked better in shadow. To the west the great Chancellor, commander of the free peoples. If there was such a thing.
The Chancellor sought to rid the world of the Devils that polluted its fairness. At least that was what he told the Holy Warriors that pledged undying loyalty to him and his cause. There were others who knew better. A small group of rogue soldiers, broken away from the armies. They understood that the Chancellor was only after Lord Chronos' technology. They also understood, perhaps too well, how fond Lord Chronos was of torturing people, of spreading evil without remorse. So they stood apart, neither Holy Warrior, nor Devil. Seeking revenge where humanity fell into shadow.

My breath came hard and fast. I knew my time was almost up. My chest ached and my legs were beginning to die. I couldn’t run fast enough, they would give out soon. Sure enough, moments later I was on my stomach. Sprawled into the shallow water in the tunnel I had hoped to escape through.
I rolled onto my back just in time to see the Hunter Class robot come upon me. I held my breath as it slowly reached forward. Out of its metal arm came a long, thin needle. It plunged this into my neck drawing out a small amount of blood. From this blood it would be able to tell I was a devil. It would then access its on board database and see that I was a priority one escape. From there I would be darted, captured and returned for further experimentation at the laboratory at Lord Chronos' Palace. I gritted my teeth at the thought of going back to that hell hole.
A slight tremor shook through the water way. Then again, this time accompanied by a faint boom. Again! This time rubble cascaded from the roof above the robot, crashing onto it. The strain causing its legs to buckle. I closed my eyes for fear of what would come through the hole. It couldn’t possibly be better. I had horrific visions visions of a full battalion of Devils, armed to the teeth.
I heard a splash in front of me, then a voice. It was beautiful, but it sounded angry. Pity, it didn’t sound like a voice that should be angry. I gasped with fright as the realization hit me. The beautiful voice was angry at me! I opened my eyes and took in the sight before me. A beautiful woman with fiery red hair and glowing amber eyes was facing the machine but her head was turned to me. She was a tad bit scantily dressed, in shorts and a tank top that appeared to be torn off just below her breasts.
'Hey! I'm freaking talking to you!!' her beautiful voice boomed with rage.
I think I managed to mutter something along the lines of 'Blmfpt'
'I said, duck and cover your ears!'
It was then that I noticed the large black rifle strapped to her back. I had seen its type before, used by Holy Warriors to kill large groups of Devils. The power that came from a single bullet of that gun was awe-inspiring. It could tear apart a full battalion, That’s eight bodies. In one hit.
The woman pulled the rifle to her shoulder, briefly took aim, then fired a devastating shot. The sound of it reverberated around to the tunnel, like a sonic boom. A massive hole appeared in the centre area of the Hunter Class. Then a second shock from where the bullet had punched through its armour. A ring of fire expanded, with such an intensive heat that the robot began to melt.
As with all mechanical weaponry commissioned by the Devils, when it was about to cease functioning it would set off a small amount of explosives built into its frame. This explosion would cause the robots metal bodywork to shatter, the shock wave from the explosion would push the shards out at an incredible speed. Anyone in the near vicinity would be cut to pieces or horrifically maimed. Left to die on the battlefield.
The woman ran past me and as she did so, she grabbed the collar of my jacket and dragged me as she ran. With my arms pulled above my head there was nothing I could do but scream. Which I did, with alarming volume. The strange woman insisted on dragging me all the way out of the tunnel. Not that I put up much of a fight, I was still reeling from her battle.
When we finally made it out, past the exploding machine, daylight overwhelmed me. I was tossed onto my bum in front of the woman. When my vision recovered I stared at her. Taking her in properly left me speechless. Her beauty was staggering, aside from a long red scar that extended from the top of her neck, across her chest to her right breast, she was flawless. Resting on her waist and crossing over on either side of her was two gun belts containing ammunition for her side-arm and rifle that now lay menacingly across her back.

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:03 pm
alackofambiguity says...

Hey guys, I'd like you to please give me some feedback if you read this.

If you can't describe what you are doing as a process, you don't know what you're doing.
— W. Edwards Deming