Young Writers Society

The Rebellion Chapter 3

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:09 pm
Omni says...

Chapter 3

LOL, this is the addition that you all have waited for, hope it makes you more confused! jk

Make sure to review, they're like my candy!

The bridges’ light dimmed as Matt powered up the holo-imager. The redhead was in the corner of the room, while Matt, myself, and my pilot stared at the imager.

“This is the belt here.” The pilot said, pointing at many little dots around the epicenter of the imager. “Our ship is the blue one. We will slipspace right as the array of ships start leaving the harbor. Any questions about our departure and we’ll say it’s a reconnaissance mission.

“We’ll be leaving ASAP, and we will head to the Archetect system to try to find the first person of the Council of Members. We do not know he is there, but that is the last place he was spotted. We will be taking the scenic route, to make sure no one follows us.”

Matt push a couple of buttons on the imager, closing in on the area between the asteroid belt and Carncan. “I will be moving my mining ships into this area for a strategic advantage and we will be making hourly scans on the shell.”

The redhead cleared her throat. “If I may be helpful, this route may be more efficient to you.” She walked to the holo-imager and pressed buttons that somehow made a course through the Indicater system.

“There are no known inhabitants in this system, so you will be able to breeze through it easily enough.

“Wonderful idea. Now we can stop at the international hub. We might even be able to get a few people to aid us in the war.” The pilot scanned the screen. He pointed at the Indicater system.

“This planet right here, might be able to give us valuable resources. It has conditions that are able to sustain life. We may be able to make a stop here.”
“If I may, sir,” The redhead spoke up,” I wish to go along with them, as moral support.”

Matt smiled. “Moral support, eh? Of course you can go.” He turns to me. “What do you think of this?”

I sighed. “I only have one question. How do we know the guy of the Council of Members is even in this system. He could be moving as we speak. I mean, I saw your speech. It sounded a little suspicious, and these guys seem smart. They’ll know what we’re doing.”

“Which is exactly why they will stay there. If they’re as smart as you say, that is.”

The holo-imager flashed red outside of the asteroid belt. “What is that?”
“A government ship, we need to get you out of here now."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The redhead pulled me into a side chamber. The door closed behind me as the pilot rushed in.

“First A-2.” The redhead spoke, and the room shifted. I realized it was one of those high tech elevators.

“Where are we going?”

“To our ship. We can’t go right this moment, but we will wait it out.”
The elevator shifted and stopped. The pilot ran out first. “Man your stations! Be on guard. Michael, over here.” He motioned me over.”

“I will be at my quarters.” The girl said and she whispered a command. The door closed.

“We must act cautious, this ship is probably not on pleasant terms.”

“Maybe, but all we can do is wait.” I say as I sat down in the captain’s chair.

“Aye, aye.”

“The ship is docking, sir.”

“Good, tell the security I want no suspicious things going on with our crew.”

“Yes, sir.”

“Readings on Michael’s ship?” I walked to the display setting next to my chair.

“Weapons on stand-by, engines are warming up and preparing to launch.”

“Send them a message, tell them no funny stuff.”

“Yes, sir.”

The elevator hummed and it dinged. A servant stepped out. “Philip Monitors.” He stepped aside and Philip walked out. He waved the servant back into the elevator. The door closed.

“Everyone out!” He grumbled.

The workers, unsure what to do, just stood there. “Out! Now!”

The workers ran past him to the elevators.

“How dare you accuse me! Accuse me for the problem of the rising taxes. It is called inflation! You know that the taxes were minute enough to not do anything!”

“With all due respect, they did. My ships aren’t not working effectively enough to meet the requirements of your taxes.” I said, keeping my calm. How dare he, of all people, come to me to complain! “What is done is done, Philip. I will not keep mining with such insufficient equipment. I am fixing my ships, improving my equipment, and getting resources from nearby planets. You will just have to wait a few months.”

He slammed his hand on the screen next to my chair. “You know I, no, the world cannot wait a few months. I don’t know what your planning, but I will figure it out!” With that, he rushed into the middle elevator. “Two weeks, that’s all you have!” The elevator door closed.

I walked to my panel. All controls were working; his frustration did nothing. I smiled and pushed a button. “Pilot First A-2, prepare to take off.”
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

Remember: the plot is nothing more than footprints left in the snow after your characters have run by on their way to incredible destinations.
— Ray Bradbury