Journal Entry Three : Aulani :

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:57 pm
RWMcKinleys says...

Journal Entry Three

10/9/01

Aulani

Illusions, they’re part of the modern day society we all live in. Sometimes you see things that are real and sometimes you don’t. You have to be able to define reality from pure imagination though. Such as the situation I am in now, is he real or not? He might be a complete figure of pure imagination that lives in my brain. What if he is? What if he isn’t though? The question reminds the same, what importance is he to me if he truly is alive? Why do I keep dreaming of him, thinking in every free second I have about him? He’s so attracting almost like a drug to me. I have to see him; I need to dream about him…but why? Sooner or later the answer will reveal itself from behind the curtains. Soon…I hope.

My finger tips thump against my wooden desk; I’ve been waiting all day to get out of this confined room. Throughout the day I’ve constantly looked up at the clock, wishing it would ring. Now I’m only minutes away from the sound, the sound of freedom. The highlight of my day is only seconds away, come on… tick tock a little bit faster for me clock! The whole room is silent, not even the teacher who also happens to be staring at the clock makes a sound. We all wait silently, thinking amongst ourselves what we will do when we get home. That isn’t the same question for me though. Jeremy Myers, oh how I could melt in his arms...his strong muscular arms. This is could be my only chance! My only chance to finally sit next to him on the bus, to show him I am the only girl worthy for him.

Although I may not be on the cheerleading team doesn’t mean anything, I’m a well toned girl with all the right curves in all the right places. I have beautiful blonde hair that compliments my body along with my dazzling blue eyes that constantly remind people of the ocean. Why wouldn’t he like some like me? All I have to do is somehow get him to ask me to homecoming. How am I going to accomplish that though? I mean if he really wanted to take me don’t you think he would have asked me already? My eyes wonder off somewhere to the corner of the room. I chew on the very end of my pencil just thinking about him, I could eat him up! I am melting just thinking about him.

Finally the bell rings as I get up and walk out the door, down the hallway toward the bus bay. I swing the door open and feel the fresh air flow throughout my hair, swaying it back and forth so gently. I climb the steps on the bus hoping to see his seat empty….yes! I rush back toward the very end of the bus, sit down and wait. Any minute now my crush will be walking through those doors. Minutes pass by without a single sight of Jeremy coming through, the bus is almost full and time is running out before we leave. “Come on where is he?” I whisper to myself not knowing someone hears me. “By any chance are you waiting for me?” Yes! Finally a few rows up Jeremy comes walking down the slim path toward the back.

He places himself right next to me, so close I can feel the heat coming from his body. I move over a tad bit just to make sure he has enough room. I’ve been waiting for this moment all day and I am shocked, I didn’t think he would actually sit by me. I look toward him admiring his soft looking face and rugged arms, his green eyes so beautiful almost painful to look at. “There’s something I’ve been meaning to ask you Aulani?” My eyes widen, my heart skips a few beats as my breathing becomes erratic. Oh no. I am freezing up, becoming paralyzed, this can’t be happening! Out of all times why now! I feel my eyes becoming heavier and heavier as the seconds fly by. “Aulani…wake up come don’t do this.” His voice is fading away faster than normal; my eyes are completely shut now. I black out…

I can feel the cold liquid rush between my toes, carrying sand placing them tightly against my skin. I hear the roar of the tides coming in from the endless blue. My eyes open looking forward at the beautiful sunrise on an unknown beach. I stand alone, or so I think. A few feet behind me is the mystery boy. He looks no older than me…seventeen. I am able to make out his face for once. Thick eye brows with blue eyes, just as blue as mine, my reflection cast in his eyes. He has a scar on the left side of his cheek, another one on his arm. His face looks like it has seen battle many times. My face is turned over my shoulder just gazing back toward him. I say nothing in fear of what he will say back. “Who are you?” He speaks the first words; I only listen before thinking of what to say in response. “That doesn’t matter right now why do I keep dreaming of you?”

His eyes widen a bit before speaking again, it takes almost a full minute before he says something back to me. “I have no idea what you are talking about, lately you are the one who has been in my dreams.” He looks down at his palms rubbing the dust off of them. “So you are real? You are alive and not just in my dreams, correct?” He nods as I speak again. “Where are you?” I look into his eyes hoping he will reveal his location. What seems like three minutes pass by before a response. We stare into each other’s eyes deeply looking at our souls. “Heaven springs Florida.”

( What do you guy's think will happen in the next entry! Tell me in the comments!!) R.W

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:58 pm
SlyNightOwl says...

FOUND IT :P
Really good, Aulani's encounter with Jeremy is really cute and I actually got mad when the moment was ruined by a dream
- . - Anyway, some things I found:

You have to be able to define reality from pure imagination though. Such as the situation I am in now, is he real or not? He might be a complete figure of pure imagination that lives in my brain.

Theses words sound strange. They're so close together and their wording is the exact same. You could see if you like: He might be a figment of my unconscious state. Just a suggestion though because what you have now seems repetitive.

The whole room is silent, not even the teacher, who also happens to be staring at the clock, makes a sound.

I'm pretty sure commas need to be there *in bold*

Although I may not be on the cheerleading team doesn’t mean anything, I’m a well toned girl with all the right curves in all the right places.

The first bit in bold doesn't make sense: Although I may not be on the cheerleading team that doesn’t mean anything. If you are wanting to connect the sentence afterward use a semicolon: Although I may not be on the cheerleading team that doesn’t mean anything;I’m a well toned girl with all the right curves in all the right places.

Then lastly,
I swing the door open and feel the fresh air flow throughout my hair, swaying it back and forth so gently.

I think the words in bold would make this sentence sound much better. It's up to you, though.
Last edited by SlyNightOwl on Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rah, rah, ree, kick em' in the knee. Rah, rah, rass, em' in the... OTHER KNEE!

Random avatar

Reviews: 11
Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:20 am
1wasprt says...

Hey, big fan of this story. On to the review!

Mistakes
RWMcKinleys wrote:“There’s something I’ve been meaning to ask you Aulani?”
There shouldn't be a question mark at the end of this sentence because he's not actually asking a question.
RWMcKinleys wrote:Why wouldn’t he like some like me?
someone
RWMcKinleys wrote: I am melting just thinking about him.
You already used the phrase melt, so I would use something else to replace this.
RWMcKinleys wrote:“Aulani…wake up come don’t do this.”
I don't know what you meant here, so I would try and fix that.
RWMcKinleys wrote:“That doesn’t matter right now why do I keep dreaming of you?”
There should be a period after now.

I think that you were very anxious to finish the story that you missed a couple places. It happens to me too, just make sure to reread or get someone to fix them for you.

Plot
I really like how this is going, and it leaves me curious and anticipated to read more. I also like how you draw romance into the story, because it shows emotion and conflict, which is good in stories. And to answer your question at the end of the story, I honestly don't know what could happen next, which is a good thing.

Descriptions
I love the way you use your descriptions because I can really feel where you are and what you're hearing, seeing, or feeling. I have nothing to say to you here.

Character descriptions
I'm glad that you added descriptions of your character in this chapter, because the main character was faceless for a while in my head. Now I have a mental image. I also like how you compliment yourself thinking of the boy.
He who is without sin may cast the first stone.
~John 8:7

I always prefer to believe the best of everybody; it saves so much trouble.
— Rudyard Kipling