z

Young Writers Society

Scribbles (dont have to go through link anymore)

375 Reviews

Reviews: 375
Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:09 am
Dargquon Ql'deleodna says...

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/34895220/ , yea did this a while ago.

i am probably going to upload a few more pictures this weekend.
Attachments
Soldier_by_Dargquon.jpg
Soldier_by_Dargquon.jpg (15.99 KiB) Viewed 1151 times
Last edited by Dargquon Ql'deleodna on Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Life's a B*tch, slap it upside the head.

Dargquon Ql'deleodna: (n) "Dar-qu-on Kel-del-ode-na" something i made up that sounded cool, partially based off of the Drow Drizzt Do'Urden's name style

Random avatar

Reviews: 681
Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:39 am
Sponson Light says...

For constructive critisism on the eyes, the eye has many folds and wrinkles, bags under the eyes and eyelids. You dont want to forget them, as they make the eyes realistic.

Also, eye lashes, lots of fine strokes, for a male they shouldnt be too apparent.

I like the hat. What kinda hat is it called again? I keep wanting to say baguette. But thats definently not it.

Nice job, youre getting there. Theres more to fix but focus on the eyes for now.
You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, instead, you should read every single book to see what every book is about before you even come close to judging its viability.

375 Reviews

Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:24 pm
View Likes

Thanks, eye's always take a while to get right. oh, and It's called a Beret.

Dargquon Ql'deleodna: (n) "Dar-qu-on Kel-del-ode-na" something i made up that sounded cool, partially based off of the Drow Drizzt Do'Urden's name style

368 Reviews

Reviews: 368
Sat Aug 19, 2006 6:26 pm
Shine says...

hey I saw this painting of yours before,did u post it somewhere before?

the hat is preety cool,also the shading is fine.

You need to work on the eyes though.
"A good plot is like a dream.If you dont write down your dream on paper the moment you wake up,the chances are you'll forget it and it'll be gone forever"-Roald Dalh.

657 Reviews

Reviews: 657
Sat Sep 02, 2006 5:41 pm
Jennafina says...

I can't see it... Could you post it here?
Jennafina's Love Your Body Already Dammit Campaign

forum353.html

(To find out what it really is, just click.)

375 Reviews

Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:48 am

Sorry, im not so good with computers (more like idiot but whatever).

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:25 am
Wiggy says...

Nice!
"I will have to tell you, you have bewitched me body and soul..." --Mr. Darcy, P & P, 2005 movie
"You pierce my soul." --Cpt. Frederick Wentworth

Got YWS?

375 Reviews

Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:24 am

thanks here is something else i did

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/39434109/
Attachments
I_don__t_want_to_talk___Don_by_Dargquon.jpg
I_don__t_want_to_talk___Don_by_Dargquon.jpg (24.68 KiB) Viewed 1190 times
Last edited by Dargquon Ql'deleodna on Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Random avatar

Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:21 am
Sponson Light says...

Link the picture with photoshop, or if the picture stretches the website, thumbnail it.
Then link the deviant art, as that bugger takes a while to load, and may usually stop people from clicking at all.
So, whole picture -> thumbnail -> link.

Nice proportions, the neck is just the right size and the arms seem fine (length wise).

Nickpick? Smudgey smudgey smudgey, the only way smudgey can pass off is if its charcoal, wait, never mind. Dont smudge.
Use smooth shading with the pencil, cross hatching... stippling if youre insane (j/k).

So yeah, no smudge, its inconsistant and blurs/weakens the lines.

Choose a light source, the picture could be stronger, but because of the lack of a strong light source, it lacks depth. If we had light coming in one or two places, it could provide a strong depiction of depth. Remember, dark is not bad.

Keep at it, I like it.
You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, instead, you should read every single book to see what every book is about before you even come close to judging its viability.

375 Reviews

Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:28 am

thx, i don't have photoshop and im not exactaly sure how to thumbnail link everything and stuf (i suck w/ everything on the computer).

I'll have to remember that about the smudging (i do that on a llot of pictures. Haven't really learned cross hatching (or i don't know if im doing it or not). links would be nice, or if you could just explain it (here or pm)

375 Reviews

Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:28 am

Any suggestions for something new to draw (not too complicated and something within reason). I cant think of anything.

Random avatar

Reviews: 109
Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:58 pm
Teeeeo. says...

Draw a penguin.

I don't know why, maybe just cuz I wanna see what a penguin would look like with the style you're developing.

Besides, penguins are easy, good practice, I think :P

Random avatar

Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:11 am
Sponson Light says...

Poses, explore poses, you dont even have to draw the body or the head, just sketch the skeletal stick frame (in proportion, of course) in many different poses.

Exotic, happy, sad, remember, body langague says it all.

375 Reviews

Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:16 am

My scanner is working!
1. old picture of i think me or something
Attachments
Headphones____BROKEN____by_Dargquon.jpg
Headphones____BROKEN____by_Dargquon.jpg (19.64 KiB) Viewed 815 times

375 Reviews

Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:24 am

number two cause i cant attach two files for some reason

I got some new pencils just doodling, and testing them out. Did a bat wing bones sketch thing to figure out proportions and shape and such.
Attachments
New_pencils_by_Dargquon.jpg
New_pencils_by_Dargquon.jpg (18.36 KiB) Viewed 813 times

Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto (I am a man, I don't consider anything human foreign to me)
— Terence