z

Young Writers Society

Tara's World - Over 13

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Sun Feb 13, 2005 1:36 am
Tara says...

Ok, had more time today to draw, butt then forgot them @ my mom's. I'll upload them when I have time.
"You can go a long way with a smile. You can go a lot farther with a smile and a gun." -Al Capone

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Sun Feb 13, 2005 1:55 am
-KayJuran- says...

u had dhari on the picture! did u get that from
Our Story? i made up the name - it means
black scale...

145 Reviews

Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:41 am
Tara says...

Yup, i did put him in there.

ok, here's a new one I did yesterday. I've been working on drawing hands lately, if you realise none of my other pics really show hands. That's b/c I'm not too good at them. I'm trying to imrove, though.

Last edited by Tara on Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
"You can go a long way with a smile. You can go a lot farther with a smile and a gun." -Al Capone

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Mon Feb 14, 2005 12:44 pm
Firestarter says...

WOAH!

Now that's some classy drawing!

But...it looks a little strange...the position of the right-hand-side-hand seems a little wrong. Maybe that's just me, though.

145 Reviews

Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:11 pm
Tara says...

Yeah, lol, especially the wrist. I noticed that, too.

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:36 pm
Bobo says...

Hands are really hard to draw. I'm still struggling after working on them for years. I think I may finally be getting the hang of 'em now, though...

145 Reviews

Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:36 pm
Tara says...

Yeah, they can be hard...but fun!

87 Reviews

Reviews: 87
Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:44 pm
Perra says...

I'm not really good at hands, either. In fact, I don't think I'm any type of good sometimes when it somes to hands. My best friend Sarah has the gift of being able to draw hands. :evil: Jealous!

I think I know partly what's wrong with that right hand. You should probably bend the thumb. And, from what I can see of those light pencil marks, you're showing too much nail on the thumb. We should probably see only half as much nail from the thumb as we do any other finger. But, because of the amount of thumbnail showing, it's making the hand seemed turned inwards away from us(the top part of the hand turning away from us, in other words,) but, because the other fingers are 'flat'(like we're looking right at the top of them,) it makes the right hand all wrong. The other hand is just fine, as far as I can see. It reminds me of a girlfriend grabbing her boyfriend's hand in the hallway. I like it.

Well, there's my first actual art critque! I think it's from trying to draw hands and failing so much! :mrgreen:
YWS gives me carpal tunnel.

Need a Critique?

Evil lurks everywhere, often in plain sight...Can you lurk in plain sight? Or is that just walking?

418 Reviews

Reviews: 418
Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:17 am
electricbluemonkey says...

Wow, yeah, that is a really good drawing. Yeah, hands are really hard to draw, but Tara makes it look so easy.

Thats really cool, although its in really light pencil I can't really see it (damn laptops) with the screen at a 90 degree angle, but if I push the screen back I can see it well.

Keep drawing, Tara, I wanna see more.
Gotta a find a woman be good to me,
Who won't hide my liquor, try to serve me tea.

145 Reviews

Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:05 am
Tara says...

Thanx, EBM. :wink:

Oh, and just so you guys know, the thumb on the hand on the right IS bent...the part that may look like the tip is actually the knuckle, you can't see the tip b/c it's behind the other hand.

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:15 am
Crysi says...

I think that's the part that looks a little odd. *wishes she had her own scanner so she could actually post them in her own free time*
Love and Light

145 Reviews

Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:32 am
Tara says...

Yeah, it's a little too long

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:07 am
-KayJuran- says...

how can u say you're not good at drawing hands?!

i could never draw like that... *sob* :cry:

145 Reviews

Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:07 am
Tara says...

Awwwww, thanx KJ

145 Reviews

Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:09 am
Tara says...

I call this one: Tara gets very bored and has nothing beter to do

Don't accept your dog's admiration as conclusive evidence that you are wonderful.
— Ann Landers