z

Young Writers Society

GIMP art

Reviews: 2
Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:13 am
View Likes
Shakespeare says...

Hey everyone,

This is one of my older pictures. I made it with GIMP, just so you know. I hope you like it!

New Moon.jpg

And I'd just like to say that the only thing I don't like about it is that sun flare isn't lined up correctly with the sun and other planets' angles. :|

Tell me what you think about it!
~Monkeyswagg
Last edited by Shakespeare on Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:16 am
View Likes
Pilot says...

Hey, that's actually pretty cool! I like the angle of perspective, it add character. Great job.

I don't know if you remember me from the chat, but hey, it's me, from the chat. :D
I don't always write on forums, but when I do, I prefer YWS.

Sharpen your pencil, my friends.

739 Reviews

Reviews: 739
Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:23 pm
View Likes
xXTheBlackSheepXx says...

Really cool! I'm not sure how you drew this, but it's really impressive! Looks professional ^_^

To get the sun flare lined up right, I might have a solution. If the flare was done on a separate layer, all you have to do is select that area using a box select, and then go to your resize or perspective options. You should be able to stretch it so that it follows the angle that you want it.

Hope I helped!
The bad news is we don't have any control.
The good news is we can't make any mistakes.
-Chuck Palahniuk

Who wants to become a writer? And why? Because it’s the answer to everything. It’s the streaming reason for living. To note, to pin down, to build up, to create, to be astonished at nothing, to cherish the oddities, to let nothing go down the drain, to make something, to make a great flower out of life, even if it’s a cactus.
— Enid Bagnold