z

Young Writers Society

Ancelin d'Endroit

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:16 am
Bobo says...

My character for VOID is named Ancelin d'Endroit. She's a futuristic knight from France. More at eleven.

Design Sheet:

Win Pose:

Lose Pose:

Intro Comic:

And a random pic of her for an art jam (the picture was based off of the theme "Too Much"):

Bio:
Name: Ancelin d'Endroit
Height: 5' 8"
Weight: 127 lbs.
Nationality: French
Weapons: When armed, she mainly uses her electric lance. At all other times, she usually just uses martial arts or whatever weaponable items are at hand.
Armor: Full body suit (various pieces can be equipped individually as well), plasma shield (reflects energy attacks and blocks regular attacks--treat as a light aluminum shield, except that it tears rather than denting).

Personality:
Outgoing, erratic, and enthusiastic. She is easy to get along with when she's in a good mood, but becomes unreasonable when annoyed or PO'd to the point of breaking. She's full of energy, and is an entertaining friend or ally, but can be exhausting to friend and foe alike.

Story:
Born in France, fluent in English as well as French (in fact, she speaks English better than French!), Ancelin was raised by a Knight father who was one of the top jousters in France. She used to carry his weapons around for him and help him put on his armor, and he'd show her his techniques in his spare time. Although Ancelin had trouble at first, she trained in all of her spare time (excluding shopping with her girlfriends) and eventually developed enough skills to put up a challenge even for her father. She eventually developed fair skills with many futuristic melee weapons and pretty good accuracy with a blaster.

Ancelin came to VOID to attend VCU, where she is currently a freshman studying general courses but looking into fashion design or business.

Random avatar

Reviews: 1160
Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:21 am
Elizabeth says...

The last random pic needs pants :P

I like them though, I like this entire idea. She's a pretty neat character.
Keep drawing Bobo *huggles* *Has never huggled an artist*

--Elizabeth

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:14 am
Tazy says...

Perfect as usual Bobo I admire anyone that can be artistic it's somthing i'm not I can't wait ot see more.
Just belive and you will acheive!

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:31 pm
Firestarter says...

You spelt "dangerous" wrong in the cartoon ...

I love the drawings though, especially the last one.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

Random avatar

Reviews: 681
Sun Apr 16, 2006 3:07 pm
Sponson Light says...

I like the coloring + background

my gripe?
There are a few anatomical issues, such as the head looks really flat at times, like its too egg shaped. You need to "bulge" the back area. Well not need but yeah.

I like the lips too.
You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, instead, you should read every single book to see what every book is about before you even come close to judging its viability.

387 Reviews

Reviews: 387
Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:22 pm
yoha_ahoy says...

I love your style. It's kinda what I'm going for in my art too! I'm still in the practising stages though. One comment though, in the first picture, her arms are a bit short. That's probably something you could just look over though. Otherwise, I love the one where she has egg on her face! :D Awesome!
@(^_^)@
Got YWS?

Random avatar

Sun Apr 16, 2006 11:05 pm
Sponson Light says...

WHOA?!

Last picture, look at her red wrist band.
Does that say cock?
You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, instead, you should read every single book to see what every book is about before you even come close to judging its viability.

481 Reviews

Sun Apr 16, 2006 11:27 pm
Bobo says...

Indeed. Cock Rockers to be precise. It's a gang on VOID made up of comical characters.

Random avatar

Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:17 pm
Sponson Light says...

She can rock my... box... of inspiration.

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:10 pm
Meshugenah says...

*stares* this puts my stick figures to shame.

So.. I'm not sure about the whole world thing.. is VOID an RPG type thing? I was looking at the site a bit.. either way, have more maybe? Oh..you know what would be cool? A YWS cartoon. eh, that was random, I know. Keep it up, Bobo.
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:49 pm
Ego says...

Good work, Bobski--your coloring astounds me, my friend.
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

447 Reviews

Reviews: 447
Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:53 pm
Duskglimmer says...

Her armor rocks.

*laughs at herself* yeah, that sounds pretty random and such, but it does. I think I want it.
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
Boo. SPEW is watching.

139 Reviews

Reviews: 139
Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:54 am
Torpid says...

ALL GOOD EXCEPT FOR THE FIRST PIC, HER LEGS LOOKS DISPROPORTIONATE THERE..

481 Reviews

Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:16 am
Bobo says...

Thanks Torpid, but please stop shouting. That's bad internet etiquette.

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:21 am
Crysi says...

5'8" and 127 lbs? *grumbles* I hate people who are both taller and lighter than I am, lol.

Anyway, this is pretty awesome. There should be an accent over the e in "tres" though. ;)

Oh, and Torpid? Watch the caps, please.

Bobo, these are awesome. I agree - your coloring rocks.
Love and Light

Dogs love their friends and bite their enemies, quite unlike people, who are incapable of pure love and always have to mix love and hate.
— Sigmund Freud