z

Young Writers Society

My take on an Oscar Winning film:

Random avatar

Reviews: 99
Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:53 pm
Niamh says...

I can't figure out how to post the picture itself, so just scroll down to where it says April, and look. Wow. I'm going to get myself in trouble.

http://www.freewebs.com/kiltedkilty[/url]
"It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom -- for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself." -- Declaration of Arbroath

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:18 pm
Griffinkeeper says...

I don't really think it was a good pic, artistically speaking. It is really obvious that you just copy and pasted people onto a background, with no attempt at trying to blend them into the picture.

You might want to blur the edges so it becomes less obvious. Make sure to get the faces blurred also, they look way to pixelly.

Finally, the lighting is all askew, a result of taking pictures from different lighting and not adjusting for it.

The entire point about putting people in pictures is to make it look as authentic as possible. Try again!
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

Random avatar

Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:27 pm
Niamh says...

It wasn't supposed to look realistic, I was just being a jerk to the makers of Brokeback Mountain. I don't know how to do any of that stuff, nor do I have the computer equipment.
"It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom -- for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself." -- Declaration of Arbroath

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:00 pm
Bobo says...

I don't get it.

Random avatar

Reviews: 681
Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:34 pm
Sponson Light says...

same, all I see is a poorly edited image.
If you really want to be mean, you need something eyecatching so itll get (hopefully) spread around the net.
You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, instead, you should read every single book to see what every book is about before you even come close to judging its viability.

Random avatar

Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:38 pm
Niamh says...

Naw, I don't want to be mean. I just thought the idea of Scots (because I'm crazy about Scotland) instead of cowboys was funny.

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:47 am
Areida says...

I agree that it was hastily thrown together, but I caught the joke and found it funny despite the sloppiness. I dislike the whole concept of the film, especially since it stereotypes Texans like crazy, and that's not even mentioning my moral standpoint, but I'm not going to chase that rabbit right now...

I liked it. :D
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

Random avatar

Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:05 am
Niamh says...

I don't have photoshop or anything, so that's why it's so sloppy--but I was bored and put it together with paint--whatever it's called. I'm glad someone caught the joke instead of critisizing the picture quality. My moral standpoint: I think homosexuals deserve equal rights, in marriage and all things. But the picture doesn't reflect my opinion--just the fact that typical kilted Scots instead of typical hat wearing cowboys is funny to me. Thanks.

You know that place between sleep and awake, that place where you still remember dreaming? That’s where I’ll always love you. That’s where I’ll be waiting.
— J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan