z

Young Writers Society

Multi-Blood Man! [Rated R for Twisted Humor]

Should this be put on YWS boards as a full-time comic?

Yes
44%
No
56%

Total votes : 18

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:52 am
Bobo says...

Spiderman has spider powers. If he got his powers from a poisoned dart, he would still be Spiderman.

You can go ahead and call your guy Multi-Blood Man, but I'm just saying that it seems only loosely relative to him, and hardly rolls of the tongue or peaks my interest.

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:04 am
Splintered_Thorn says...

The name rolls off my toungue just fine. And maybe if you read a couple of the episodes (after I post them) you would like it more.

481 Reviews

Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:06 am
Bobo says...

Yeah, having the actual comics would give me a more educated opinion, I suppose. I just can't help but flinch at a name that sounds like something I would have come up with in elementary school. But hey, it's your comic, and it's the content that really matters, right? I'm just being a harsh critic.

Random avatar

Reviews: 681
Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:39 pm
Sponson Light says...

You never do that to me.
Especially Geoffry the Rock.

If Spiderman has spider powers from a poisoned dart then he'd be Poisoned Dart Man, because he wouldnt get the idea of being a spider if a spider never bit him.

Actually Im just throwing random stuff out.
You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, instead, you should read every single book to see what every book is about before you even come close to judging its viability.

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:39 pm
-KayJuran- says...

If you think about it though, he does have spider powers. I mean, he wakes up and there's web all over his room. That sorta thing. Also, does he ever actually realise when the spider bites him? I suppose he must do... but I agree with Bobo here, it's more about the powers they have, not where they come from.

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:46 pm
zelithon says...

I think he shuold be called Oprah-Man or something with less than three words in it.
Adults are just obsolete children, and to hell with them!
-Dr.Suess

Deadpanners are backtalkers!

badonkadonk
Atheism is a non phophet organisation

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:56 pm
-KayJuran- says...

Agreed. Multi-blood man does seem a bit much.

481 Reviews

Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:01 pm
Bobo says...

Sponson, you make me laugh. I don't think it was Spider-man's idea to get spider powers; they just happened. Also, I'm not a harsh critic of your comics because a) in many cases, they're meant to be dumb or cheesy, and b) you don't have any characters named Multi-Blood Man. lol

27 Reviews

Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:56 pm
Splintered_Thorn says...

sorry, but that last remark sounded biased to me.

Random avatar

Reviews: 142
Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:03 pm
Doctor Kitty says...

No point in taking a poll or arguing about it.

If you want to, do it, as long as the rapist part doesn't get out of hand. I personally don't find that part funny, but it's your comic. The fact that he is 1/3 Oprah made me chuckle though...

And Bobo, this seems like a spoof comic. The hero's name isn't worth arguing over; it's a spoof. (I am correct in assuming this is a humorous comic, right? xD)

Bobo, are you alright? You seem to be acting a bit different. Or maybe it's just me.
Last edited by Doctor Kitty on Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

27 Reviews

Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:06 pm
Splintered_Thorn says...

Yeah, it's a spoof comic. I can't do action very well :P

481 Reviews

Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:34 pm
Bobo says...

Okay, let me explain my change in behavoir. I've just gotten into a mode of being extremely critical of comics because I'm currently working on a comic-book-type character for entry into VOID, and to get in, I need to take it very seriously and catch every one of my mistakes. If it weren't for this, I probably wouldn't have made any comments, although Multi-Blood Man would still bug me as a name and the rapist part makes me wary. Of course it's your comic, and our opinions don't matter, but coming from the point of view of a reader, I'm just giving my advice that another name might be better--maybe even just brainstorm a bunch of names and see if you like one better than Multi-Blood Man. If not, then that's fine, but don't settle for your first thought when your second might be a million times better, y'know.

So yeah, I'm taking this way too seriously, but now at least you know why.

EDIT: By the way, I really am looking forward to the actual comics. It sounds like they could be pretty cool, and I'm anxious to find out.

27 Reviews

Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:06 pm
Splintered_Thorn says...

Well thanks for explaining why. And I'm looking forward to your comic as well. The first issue should be up in a few days.

Random avatar

Reviews: 212
Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:59 pm
timjim77 says...

This was nice. Just wasn't funny. Nor did it have a point. At all.

Random avatar

Reviews: 681
Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:48 am
Sponson Light says...

Yeah, its kinda hard to do that with one comic.
Grab a comic like bob and george, dominic deegan, or road waffles and read one random comic.
Yeah...
You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, instead, you should read every single book to see what every book is about before you even come close to judging its viability.

It's like being in love, discovering your best friend.
— Elizabeth Wein, Code Name Verity