z

Young Writers Society

Multi-Blood Man! [Rated R for Twisted Humor]

Should this be put on YWS boards as a full-time comic?

Yes
44%
No
56%

Total votes : 18

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:18 am
Zion says...

OMG! Its a geek-off! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

jk guys :D Id say, lets give the kid a chance and see what comes up? :D Dont be so harsh people. You sound like breacer wearing dorky teenagers in a basement while playing D&D and each and one of you is dressed as an Enterprise crew member! :lol: :lol:

(harsh or no harsh, I just HAD to say it! :twisted: )
Without sensibility no object would be given to us, without understanding no object would be thought. Thoughts without content are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind.

Immanuel Kant
"Critique of Pure Reason"

Random avatar

Reviews: 681
Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:42 am
Sponson Light says...

Hey Nerds and Geeks are Not the Same.

I enjoy miniature wargaming as much as the hobby of painting the guys.
You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, instead, you should read every single book to see what every book is about before you even come close to judging its viability.

Random avatar

Reviews: 1160
Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:55 am
Elizabeth says...

Such an... odd comic...
Yeah....

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:43 am
Splintered_Thorn says...

HA! I'm the biggest geek! I have William Shatner's liver in a jar... Oh wait, I'm not supposed to talk about that until the lawsuit is over... On the good news, it looks like the first full issue will be out Tuesday of next week, so after that you guys can really start to criticise me!

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:54 am
Bobo says...

A geek-off, eh? While I did play Dungeons and Dragons in my haunted past, I'm hardly a geek. Gosh, everyone knows about Superman, Spider-Man, and Batman, and if you don't, you're...weird or something. Now, this Green Arrow fellow, I suppose that's when you start getting into the geekish part of the convo, but I don't know who he is, so... :D

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:57 am
Crysi says...

On topic, please... :roll:

By the way, no, this should not be a YWS comic. If it's rated R, that should tell you it's not suitable for the 13 and under atmosphere we try to keep here. But go ahead and continue working on it. Just make sure they go along with the rules of this forum. There's a sticky post at the top regarding the rules for posting art.
Love and Light

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:23 am
Snoink says...

Splintered_Thorn wrote:I guess the idea of mutations makes since because of your religeon also. And they do, his powers are that he got injected with the blood of both Oprah and a child rapist, those two blood intertwined with his inner DNA, and caused a chain reaction inside his body, now the three personas are intertwined in his body. THEREFORE, Multi-Blood Man, the name, makes perfect sense at pointing out his powers. Which are to switch between the personas, and the blood, of the other two in his body. If you had actualy read my last post, you would have known I was using examples, about criticizing superheros. And also, Batman was created because of the hype of the "Superman" comic. Multi-Blood Man was made because I wanted to, not because I thought it would catch on.

...this explanation seems so lame.

Anyway, comics are supposed to have some sort of point! Even *my* comics that I've done do have a point. This seems random. There seems to be no story or plot or anything, just a superficial character.

Comics are some of the hardest things ever to draw. Why? Because you have to be a writer and an artist. Not many people have both of those talents, which makes cartoonists even more awesome. But, I beg you, come up with an outline.

If you want to do a spoof, you will be dealing with comedy. Comedy is by far the hardest thing to write for. It's all about timing. That's why an outline is so important. It gives you a goal, a place to be. So please, for the love of all that is doodled, come up with a decent plot!
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

27 Reviews

Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:16 pm
Splintered_Thorn says...

Crysi wrote:On topic, please... :roll:

By the way, no, this should not be a YWS comic. If it's rated R, that should tell you it's not suitable for the 13 and under atmosphere we try to keep here. But go ahead and continue working on it. Just make sure they go along with the rules of this forum. There's a sticky post at the top regarding the rules for posting art.

Well, there are other "R" topics on YWS, including one with nudity. Mine doesn't have nudity and will be edited accordingly to go along with the rules of the forum. But still, I don't think proper criticism should start until the first real issue is released, instead of the preview.

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:09 pm
Bobo says...

Then release it already!!! lol

27 Reviews

Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:26 pm
Splintered_Thorn says...

I would if it was finished. I'm working as hard as I can to finish it quickly.

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Sat Mar 25, 2006 3:46 am
Karma says...

What does he do?
My Karma Ran Over My Dogma
^------^
( 0 . 0 )
---------
Meow

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:39 am
Shimmer says...

Pretty random, I must say.
I see you have decided against posting it, Splintered Thorn? It's been like..10 days.
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

-Dr. Suess

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:42 am
Snoink says...

Splintered_Thorn wrote:
Crysi wrote:On topic, please... :roll:

Well, there are other "R" topics on YWS, including one with nudity. Mine doesn't have nudity and will be edited accordingly to go along with the rules of the forum. But still, I don't think proper criticism should start until the first real issue is released, instead of the preview.

I think what she is saying is we can't put it on the main YWS site. It ought to stay in its own thread.

No problems. ;)
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong.
— Voltaire