z

Young Writers Society

Ms Paint

Random avatar

Reviews: 681
Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:07 am
Sponson Light says...

Why do people think ms paint sucks?

it has brushes just like P.S., no filters which is a good thing so noobs dont get rampant with them, and other such useful utilities.

Someone mentioned it was blocky.
Yeah... right...

Ill be putting some ms paint pictures here. Colored ones.
You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, instead, you should read every single book to see what every book is about before you even come close to judging its viability.

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:28 am
View Likes
Emma says...

That is pretty good. I suck at drawing on the computer. My tablet sucks, it's soo bouncy... pfft. I really do like it and hope to see more! ^___^

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:15 am
Snoink says...

I like to choose what my brush size is and what kind of brush I have. :P And the filters, if done correctly, *can* look nice.

The lips look too far down...
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:50 am
-KayJuran- says...

i can't see anything...

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:15 pm
Bobo says...

Wow, that's so pixelly and unclear, it looks way worse than your other drawings. MS Paint just doesn't have the capacity to create very good drawings. I mean, you don't even have layers to make coloring look good! Not to mention, there's no anti-aliasing at all.

And having a tablet can make any program look better, anyway.

118 Reviews

Reviews: 118
Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:28 pm
*Twilight* says...

I was the one who mentioned it was blocky. Maybe someone who practices on it can do some pretty good artwork but, still it is a pain just to get anything decent out of it.
It may just be my computer but, I can't see any of the drawings you put up.
Hire people to crit your work! Get paid to crit other people's work!
The YWS crit shop: forum/viewtopic.php?t=8018

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:40 pm
Emma says...

I've seen some really good pictures made with just the normal Paint! It can take a while but you can get some really nice stuff! Honestly... this person's art was so COOL!

Random avatar

Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:49 pm
View Likes
Sponson Light says...

Bobo wrote:Wow, that's so pixelly and unclear, it looks way worse than your other drawings. MS Paint just doesn't have the capacity to create very good drawings. I mean, you don't even have layers to make coloring look good! Not to mention, there's no anti-aliasing at all.

And having a tablet can make any program look better, anyway.

You realize if I did that in photoshop it wouldnt make a difference right?

Do you really rely on layers? Maximum Ill use 2 or 3. But other than that I really dont see a problem.
You realize you CAN change colors? And blend the close to the same way as Photoshop except with a little more effort?

ImageImage
Look at my ork, you can see pixels. its a lie if you cant.
You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, instead, you should read every single book to see what every book is about before you even come close to judging its viability.

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:24 pm
Griffinkeeper says...

MS paint and Photoshop aren't really comparable. Photoshop is more for picture editing, though people do use it for drawing.

Ultimately though, it isn't the program, but the artist.

Speaking of which, I really like the multi-color picture above, it seems really modern in style.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:40 am
Bobo says...

Seeing the pixels and something being pixelly are two different things. One has a smoother edge, while the other has a very rough edge that makes it obviously a computer image.

Also, your ork doesn't really have pixels, since it's a vector graphic. Only the version we see has pixels.

That picture would have looked way different in Photoshop. If there was a way to draw in both programs at once, you'd see a big difference.
Face it, MS Paint is not as powerful as Photoshop. So far, all of your Photoshop/Flash MX work has looked much better than your MS paint work. Yes, Paint can create awesome artwork, but you can't say it's anywhere near as good as other programs.

Random avatar

Reviews: 67
Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:13 am
The Silent Aviator says...

Wow...amazing! You're definitely one of the better, if not the best, computer artists here. The best thing I can do on paint is a crooked smiley face...
Good job.

614 Reviews

Reviews: 614
Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:17 pm
Swires says...

I love your work but you would have much more room to manouver in another program. I recomment Coral Painter. That is an art program and has many types of brushes and claims to have the best blending on the market. Photoshoip is good accept its more for photo editing and maybe web graphics than art.

Happy drawing.
Previously known as "Phorcys"
Witherwings Harry Potter RPG

Random avatar

Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:19 pm
View Likes
Sponson Light says...

Yeah except that costs money... and I cant... aff...ord..?
Wait a second...

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:29 pm
zell says...

that's one wicked painting =D> got any more

It is a happiness to wonder; it is a happiness to dream.
— Edgar Allan Poe