z

Young Writers Society

It Hit Me...

Random avatar

Reviews: 681
Sun Jan 22, 2006 3:27 am
Sponson Light says...

Its in the art section because it deals with art, and Ill post some stuff later dealing with this topic.
Dont worry.
----------------
December 2004, I started wargaming.
Warhammer 40k, the highlight. I always thought these type of games were nerdy and childish. So I'll give it a shot I said.
My painting was sloppy and quick. When ever I saw people's armies Id always gawk in awe at how nicely painted they were.
Man, those armies kicked ass.

I looked at the details and said "You must have used a one haired brush or something to get those details in!".
He scoffs at me and says "nah".

June-August 2005, Im attending my friend's painting class, I already know how to paint my dudes. Im just there for gaming.
I can paint, well. My orks and goblins were highly admired by the children who was learning how to paint. They were around 10-13 years of age, 2 of them.

Im looking at my friend's miniatures and I go "dude, kick ass shading and highlighting". Notice how I no longer said stuff about the details? I could do detail, if I tried. But his shading was smooth and crisp at the same time. He made crappy models look gorgeous and gorgeous models even more wonderful. Hes in his 20's, almost thirties. He works as a Graphics Designer. He actually OWNS a copy of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.

He says I do a good job painting my guys. Im happy.
I made friends with the kids. They like my paintjob. The first time I met them they looked at my orks and asked
"Did you use a one haired brush or something to get those details?"
I stand there for a second or three, wondering to myself. ""Didn't I once ask that question?"".
I look at them, I scoff and say "nah".
You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, instead, you should read every single book to see what every book is about before you even come close to judging its viability.

375 Reviews

Reviews: 375
Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:38 am
Dargquon Ql'deleodna says...

i own adobe photoshop, at my dads and my moms..... :D
Life's a B*tch, slap it upside the head.

Dargquon Ql'deleodna: (n) "Dar-qu-on Kel-del-ode-na" something i made up that sounded cool, partially based off of the Drow Drizzt Do'Urden's name style

The simple truth is that authors like making people squirm. If this weren't the case, all novels would be filled completely with cute bunnies having birthday parties.
— Brandon Sanderson, Alcatraz Versus the Evil Librarians