Reviews: 12
Sun Dec 25, 2005 10:58 pm
hippyhill says...

I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I'm not-Kurt Cobain

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Mon Dec 26, 2005 10:46 am
Emma says...

Thats beautiful! No way are you only 13! I would just like to say that you need to work on your shading and your hair. I see you are amazing already but I know you can do so much better! It's amazing! *jealous*

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Mon Dec 26, 2005 4:19 pm
Whatsarahsaid says...

That's really nice, I like the tone. Where you doing Mischa Barton or Marissa? You've captured Marissa perfectly, she's got the real little lost girl look, in the eyes.
Alice♥
"stay up all night with the stars."

418 Reviews

Reviews: 418
Tue Dec 27, 2005 1:39 am
electricbluemonkey says...

I don't really like the shading on it. Its just too light and you can't see the detail. And doesn't the right eye look a little too...dark.
Gotta a find a woman be good to me,
Who won't hide my liquor, try to serve me tea.

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Wed Dec 28, 2005 5:36 am
Tara says...

I think it's beautiful, but something about the position of the nose seems a bit strange to me, and the right eyebrow is a bit too far to the left.

She looks very realistic, reminds me of a friend of mine. Awesome job!
"You can go a long way with a smile. You can go a lot farther with a smile and a gun." -Al Capone

12 Reviews

Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:14 pm
hippyhill says...

Thanks so much you lot :lots_hearts:

173 Reviews

Reviews: 173
Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:24 pm
J. Haux says...

My only major critique is her...right eye. Even though it's in shadow, it needs dimension. Otherwise it looks like there isn't an eye there.

Oh, it looks like her, definately! The photo has a lot more contrasts of lights and darks than your portrait, but it's not wrong--it's just softer. I like it. The hair is lightly shaded, and brings more attention to her face and eye, which you gave more dimension. The expression's captured...I think. You might want to spend more time defining her chin so that it stands out from her neck. They blend together right now.

I've tried to write this three times (I accidentally deleted my post three times) just to tell you: Good work. :D Out of curiosity, do you take any drawing lessons?

~Jacquie~
SPEW to You

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:35 pm
Supermal says...

I like it :) It's not perfect, but it's far, far better than I could ever do, :P Good job
~Michelle~
Who needs friends when you've just bought a brand new pen?

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:31 pm
Azrael says...

OMG! That is so cool. It's like, amazing cool.

12 Reviews

Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:19 pm
hippyhill says...

Azrael wrote:OMG! That is so cool. It's like, amazing cool.
Thankyou *huggle*

387 Reviews

Reviews: 387
Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:11 pm
yoha_ahoy says...

It's good. A lot better than some people in my high school art class. You've got the shape down great but the shadows. The shadows seem like they're all one value just put down in various places. You need to vary the shadows and get some darker values in. See the black that you colored her pupil in with? You need some more of that around like under her hair, back behind her neck, in the nostrils and the lip line. Maybe in the hair too depending on if their hair is blonde or brown. If you looked at a picture while you did this, it can realy help you with finding the right value. And don't worry, I started out shading like that too. It's pretty easy to fix. :D Great job! I gave you an 8.
@(^_^)@
Got YWS?

I tell the neophyte: Write a million words–the absolute best you can write, then throw it all away and bravely turn your back on what you have written. At that point, you’re ready to begin.
— David Eddings