z

Young Writers Society

Jennafina's (old) Drawings (Updated Feb 18 06, pg. 3.)

Random avatar

Reviews: 681
Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:25 pm
Sponson Light says...

Stop the fanart, theres no point to it.
Its not exactly helping you either unless you draw them in completely original poses, which will be hard because shows like Inuyasha has them in every pose.

Even those you wouldn't think they'd be in a show.

EVERY POSE.

And the fact that they're pre-created.
You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, instead, you should read every single book to see what every book is about before you even come close to judging its viability.

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:02 pm
Emma says...

That's a little harsh. She can do fanart if she wants. It is helping her. <______<;

Random avatar

Reviews: 681
Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:35 pm
Sponson Light says...

Well I mean, yeah, go ahead.
But it wont really help at all.
Trust me, Ive tried it, because unless your trying to draw exactly like the artist or something...
You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, instead, you should read every single book to see what every book is about before you even come close to judging its viability.

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:15 am
Tazy says...

I'm so jelouse I wish I could draw like that good on you jennafina Cant wait to see more.
Just belive and you will acheive!

56 Reviews

Reviews: 56
Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:21 am
Snip Snip says...

HAHA, I love 3 and 6. And also, I TOLD YOU CHOBITS ROCKED! But would you listen? NOOOOOO... I TOLD YOU SO! I TOLD YOU IT ROCKED! Okay. Breathe. I'm okay. Hehe. And the last one... By any chance would you have gotten the name Arlo from our fishsitting client's kid? That's his name.
so give me all your poison,
and give me all your pills,
if this is what you want then
FIRE AT WILL

196 Reviews

Reviews: 196
Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:19 am
Shriek says...

This stuff looks great! I'm kind of big on the anime style too. At first I got a drawing book out of the library and just mimicked the drawings, and I think it was a great platform for boosting my art to a higher level. Don't let Sponson's comment get you down--arrogance speaks with ignorance. (No 'fense, you understand.) As long as fanart is teaching you how to evolve your style and make it your own, I see nothing wrong with it.

Keep up the nice work. :)
i thought you were shallow, but then i fell in deep.

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:02 am
Shraz says...

Sesshy! Yay!

Yep, i iked all of them, and especially 9, (no hippie stuff... sighs in releif, but im biased. 8 was also really cool.

118 Reviews

Reviews: 118
Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:28 pm
*Twilight* says...

Actually fan-art will help because it will teach her how to draw the facial details and after a while it will pay off even if someone mimics a certain pose it will help. What if she wants to draw one of her own characters in a pose that she drew in her fan art? She will already have had experience with it.
Hire people to crit your work! Get paid to crit other people's work!
The YWS crit shop: forum/viewtopic.php?t=8018

Random avatar

Reviews: 335
Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:28 am
Fireweed says...

I can verify that doing fanart has helped Jenna, because I saw her earlier stuff and there's a definite improvement. I know nothing about drawing, but I think it probably helps her get familiar with drawing anime, and gradually she'll develop her own style of it. She does do her own characters sometimes, but she doesn't post alot of them. What you said makes sense, sponson, but I think it works for her.
Keep it coming, Jennafina!!
"I myself am composed entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions."- Augusten Burroughs

657 Reviews

Reviews: 657
Sun Feb 19, 2006 12:18 am
Jennafina says...

:) Ah, the familiar fan-products debate. Seen this about fanfiction, too. I do think that its helped. Like RiverGirl said, I think it's a tool. Or something. :p

#18. Because Howl is the most beautiful anime guy in the world. I didn't do him justice, lol. Ignore the words, they're from the movie.

I love y'all, thanks for comenting. :)
Jennafina's Love Your Body Already Dammit Campaign

forum353.html

(To find out what it really is, just click.)

170 Reviews

Reviews: 170
Sun Feb 19, 2006 6:05 am
antigone says...

His eyes... So shiny... *salivates*
Wow. Veeeery nice. You do so do him justice. I have to close the window because otherwise I might start making out with my computer which would not be a pretty sight. And I love the words.

Except you should post your other non-fanart stuff too. K? You know the ones I mean.
Siempre, siempre: jardin de mi agonia,
tu cuerpo fugitivo para siempre,
la sangre de tus venas en mi boca,
tu boca ya sin luz para mi muerte.

-From 'Del amor imprevisto', Federico Garcia Lorca

Random avatar

Reviews: 335
Sun Feb 19, 2006 6:18 am
Fireweed says...

OH!MY!GOD!

*drools and stares intently, knocked speechless by howl's astounding shmexiness*

quit being modest. you DO do him justice. it's like the real deal. Miyazaki is so awesome; his style is way more realistic than most anime. Like, the characters have visible nostrils. and actual flesh on their lips. Sorry to dis mainstream anime. I do like it, I just think miyazaki's a genius...

k. You should draw some calcifer fan art!!! and then you should post some of your own stuff, like BD said. And you should start a seperate thread fr your non-anime cartoons, which are hilarious.

kudos!!
"I myself am composed entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions."- Augusten Burroughs

124 Reviews

Reviews: 124
Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:46 am
Saphira says...

I love all of them! :D

6 and 18 are my favourates i wish i could draw like that!

657 Reviews

Reviews: 657
Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:55 am
Jennafina says...

Eep! Ancientness!

Thanks for commenting. This is almost a year old. I wish my scanner would work again so I could update, but no. *sob*
Jennafina's Love Your Body Already Dammit Campaign

forum353.html

(To find out what it really is, just click.)

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:42 pm
Lilyy03 says...

Wow... your drawings are all very nice! Sorry to hear about your scanner. :(

No matter what happens I'll always know there's a quote of mine in the YWS quote generator.
— looseleaf