z

Young Writers Society

Bobo's pencils

Random avatar

Reviews: 681
Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:02 pm
Sponson Light says...

On the last one, her waist is much too high, it could be a bit lower but if thats the way you portrayed her, then she needs more "hip" and "buttocks".
Also if her hips were that high, the knees are placed too far low.
Here... a bit inaccurate but none-the-less easier to understand than words.
The yellow is where the buttocks should be, protruding a bit more.
And I think the kneecaps should be up just a little bit more on my side.
You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, instead, you should read every single book to see what every book is about before you even come close to judging its viability.

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:10 pm
Ego says...

....you have her waist drawn higher than he does, Sponson....

The way he has her drawn, the waist is NOT where that blet thing is....it's lower, where the skirt type thing is....youhave it raised. He's more correct than you are there. You're right about the butt and hips and knees though.
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:28 pm
Bobo says...

Keep in mind I drew that picture (besides the shoes) about a year ago. I'm pretty sure I got confused in the waist area, because I have no idea how her skirt ended up so short lol.

Random avatar

Reviews: 142
Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:26 am
Doctor Kitty says...

Here's what you do: you closely observe them at length, watch how they move, and how big they are. Only after tireless effort will your breasts be breasts.

I'm pulling for you, Bobo.

Concur. Don't forget to measure the weight of each and every one you encounter, this will allow you to calculate their physics. Alternatively, watch them carefully when your subject is jumping up and down on a trampoline.

I think you are lucky to have a subject which is so endowed.

INNUENDO MONOTONY!!!
...XD....

Anyway, the second two are definitely the best. The first one has a weird leg:torso ratio...The other two have the best proportions.

Random avatar

Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:27 am
Sponson Light says...

OH a year ago.
Its like, if they want critisism it wouldnt help anyways because its from a year ago!
I dont even ask for comments on stuff a year ago.
Yeah that would explain it actually.
Got any new fresh stuff?

Edit: oh did I draw her hips too high?
Then the legs are too short, either way.
You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, instead, you should read every single book to see what every book is about before you even come close to judging its viability.

481 Reviews

Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:17 am
Bobo says...

Now you drew it too low, lol. Anyway, I don't really plan on fixing this one much, more just showing it off, but I do appreciate any help in getting proportions right for future projects.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:38 am
Snoink says...

What if the girl is just short? Five feet tall is not an abnormal height for a girl, even one with kick-ass swords.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

Random avatar

Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:10 am
Sponson Light says...

Snoink wrote:What if the girl is just short? Five feet tall is not an abnormal height for a girl, even one with kick-ass swords.

A short person is still in proportion.

I know the hip is too low, the distance from the shin to the knee = knee to the hip, as you can see by those brackets next to the side.
So if you say its too low then there ya go.

Random avatar

Reviews: 71
Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:58 pm
Nis says...

I love the last the best.

481 Reviews

Mon Dec 05, 2005 4:40 pm
Bobo says...

But Wouldn't that mean that the legs are too long, not short? I mean, since mine are longer than the ones you showed. Besides, maybe she's one of those long-thighed people. We can't leave them unrepresented! :P

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:14 pm
Snoink says...

I think the knees should be higher.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

Random avatar

Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:06 pm
Sponson Light says...

Yes, I pointed out that the knees were too far down.
Yes you do need to make the legs longer, because the hip like you said was too far down.
And by making the legs longer you push the knees up.

481 Reviews

Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:12 am
Bobo says...

If you put the waist in between those two spots you listed, that would make legs the right length. So yes, I do need to raise the knees, but you still got the waist all wrong.

Random avatar

Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:19 am
Sponson Light says...

Yeah, I know the waist is in the wrong spot.
First time I couldnt find it, second time I based it off of your distance from knee to ankle.

375 Reviews

Reviews: 375
Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:11 am
Dargquon Ql'deleodna says...

hey bobo, those are awsome, i still cant draw girls :x
Life's a B*tch, slap it upside the head.

Dargquon Ql'deleodna: (n) "Dar-qu-on Kel-del-ode-na" something i made up that sounded cool, partially based off of the Drow Drizzt Do'Urden's name style

If it looks like a duck, and it quacks like a duck…you should not be so quick to jump to conclusions.
— Cecil Gershwin Palmer