Sun Nov 13, 2005 4:55 pm
hippyhill says...

What do you think?

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Sun Nov 13, 2005 6:26 pm
Griffinkeeper says...

I like it, but I think the shading on the cheeks is a little to hard. You might want to make it just a little lighter, there also is a smudge on the neck that should also be corrected.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Sun Nov 13, 2005 6:49 pm
ConvolutedEmpty says...

You could get more depth if you defined the lines around the eyes and ears... and shaded it according to lighting instead of simply according to skin, because your shading tells me nothing about the configuration of the face... also,is you'd have put half as much darkness into the mouth as you did with the cheeks it would have looked nicer, along with shading... In fact, the better part of your shading appears to be rather superfluous. Define the lines more nicely, shade according to lighting, add more highlights to the eyes and hair, and defined the hair line with short vertical strokes of the pencil to make hair as opposed to one long, horizontal line, which gives the impression she is wearing a wig, which I am assuming was not your attention. Otherwise, though, it was quite nicely done, the lines themselves were done, you just need to find a way to enhance that.

-Empty
Words are spilling out like endless rain into a paper cup, they slither while they pass. They slip away across the universe... Pools of sorrow, waves of joy are drifting thorough my open mind possessing and caressing me..

657 Reviews

Reviews: 657
Sun Nov 13, 2005 7:41 pm
Jennafina says...

Ditto Griffin.

I really like the composition, especially the contrast of her face and hair. Her nose looks really well shaped as well. Is this in charcol?

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Sun Nov 13, 2005 7:53 pm
Carmina says...

The features are very good, but the shading needs work. The way it is right now, there is no light source. Meaning, I can't tell which direction the light is coming from. Once that is established, the shadows can be done to give depth to the face. Judging by the light in the eyes, I'd say the light was coming from the viewer's left. There should then be a highlight on the forehead, cheekbone, chin and side of nose on that side. There should be more shadow on the other cheek, especially a shadow cast from the nose. The hand should also have more shadow as it is being blocked from the light by the face. Also, the hand looks a little too big. Very nice face though. Great eyes. Nice expression.
I reject your reality and substitute my own

Random avatar

Reviews: 109
Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:02 am
Teeeeo. says...

I agree with Carmina.
Where's the light source?
ANYWHO
I think that her left hand is a bit too long, like it's longer than her head... Or it's just me...
I alost think her eyes are a bit out of focus, like her left eye is too far right... Or MY eyes are out of focus...

OVERALL VERY NICE!!!

Random avatar

Reviews: 681
Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:09 am
Sponson Light says...

www.saveloomis.org
drwing the figure
look for the head references, youll enjoy the read and the references.
You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, instead, you should read every single book to see what every book is about before you even come close to judging its viability.

173 Reviews

Reviews: 173
Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:42 am
J. Haux says...

The eyes are beautiful, as is her expression! Nice!

Others have seen it: the area you could most improve in is shading. In addition to what they said, try to make your shading smooth; the strokes look a little rough (I can seen individual pencil/charcoal lines across her cheekbones). Another way to make it look smooth is by using an eraser to lighten areas. You can define her lips with shading...give them shape through lights and darks. You did wonderfully with her eyes. A note: the shading on her cheekbones is usually lighter, rather than darker. It would be closer to the light, so brighter and a contrasting dark shadow beneath, depending on how high/sharp they are.

This is well done, and you'll only get better. It's great that there's always room to improve. I always feel that way. :D

~Jacquie~
SPEW to You

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:05 pm
Matt Bellamy says...

Lovely...though I agree with others, the hand looks rather big.
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:58 pm
hippyhill says...

jennafina wrote:Ditto Griffin.

I really like the composition, especially the contrast of her face and hair. Her nose looks really well shaped as well. Is this in charcol?
no its pencil

665 Reviews

Reviews: 665
Thu Nov 24, 2005 9:05 pm
Chevy says...

Didn't know there was that much involved in drawing a face :shock:
when there's nowhere to go, it's time to grow up.

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:42 pm
Tara says...

The ears are a tad small, but I think it's gorgeous! Is it Arwen?
"You can go a long way with a smile. You can go a lot farther with a smile and a gun." -Al Capone

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Sun Dec 04, 2005 12:19 am
zelithon says...

I think it is the best picture here! Mostly because I draw rather like that. Lots of hair. Maybe you shuold lighten up the shadeing.
Adults are just obsolete children, and to hell with them!
-Dr.Suess

Deadpanners are backtalkers!

badonkadonk
Atheism is a non phophet organisation

375 Reviews

Reviews: 375
Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:24 am
Dargquon Ql'deleodna says...

this is really good work, it is very realistic, and i like realistic; i think the shading is fine, but it would look a litle bit nicer if u did lighten up on the shading. a question i would like to ask is if that is any specific person or just a random awsome drawing.

overall great work :D
Life's a B*tch, slap it upside the head.

Dargquon Ql'deleodna: (n) "Dar-qu-on Kel-del-ode-na" something i made up that sounded cool, partially based off of the Drow Drizzt Do'Urden's name style

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Thu Dec 08, 2005 3:29 pm
hippyhill says...

Dargquon Ql'deleodna wrote:this is really good work, it is very realistic, and i like realistic; i think the shading is fine, but it would look a litle bit nicer if u did lighten up on the shading. a question i would like to ask is if that is any specific person or just a random awsome drawing.

overall great work :D
Well it was just this model I found in a magazine. And thanks so much \:D/
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I'm not-Kurt Cobain

"It's not nice to roast people when they're out of comebacks."
— Tuckster