z

Young Writers Society

Mermaid

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:18 pm
Katemabob says...

OMG OMG OMG OMG
I drew a MERMAID! I really like this one because usually I am not too good at drawing people-things, but this is pretty good so I am really proud of maiself!!! Yey! Go Katemabob! I did not copy anyones work, but I used other people's work for references. Um... I know there is no background, I think I might make one one day. For now I just wanted to finish it, because it is a for a school thing that is due tomorrow. Um... so... ya. I think thats it. OH! And, uh, her name is Corail (which is coral in french). It is a french project. I know she looks sad but I felt like making her look like that so ya. ENJOY! I worked really hard on it!
XD Srry im a little hyper after sitting in my chair for 1 + 1/2 hrs.
Um... Ya. Bye. Bai. Bi. By: Katemabob
Attachments
Mermaid.jpg
Mermaid.jpg (69.15 KiB) Viewed 331 times
Be crazy, be wild, be silly...
Because life is too short to be cool.

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:30 pm
Tree says...

WOW Katemabob this is so good! I like how the hair is so cool. I also like how you made your own kind of mermaids, unlike all the other ones. I also like the spots. And I like how cool the tail is. and how there are scales on her arms-
your a rely rely good drawer! I also love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love the colours and shading. Very welll done! Bravo! I look forward to seeing more of your work!
From TREE

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:36 pm
Threnody says...

Oh I absolutely adore this mermaid. In fact, most of your work, art I mean, has been my favourite I've seen in a while. Good job. The only slight problem with this is the arms, they seem a bit short. Hold your arms to your sides and see how far they go down. Also the shoulders and arms are a bit disproportionate and look a bit odd.

Peace, Love and Sugar Packets~
Forever Threnody
“One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes”
~ The Little Prince~

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:04 am
Telina says...

The hair is really great, I loved how you put flowers in them! Nice touch.
Her facial expression is done really nice too, you didn't over do the sadness. It's unique too, most mermaids are painted as smiling - so great!
The green spots on her skin are creative too, they are another unique touch. I think the only think you have to work on is the right hand; unlike the left which was more natural looking the right one is a little jagged.
Also her shoulders, they look a little broad. maybe you could try adding straps on her bikini top to make it look more even.

Altogether, great picture, you did an amazing job with the shading, and the colors work really well!

Random avatar

Reviews: 1
Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:51 am
View Likes
Jesus Freak! says...

Hi and Wow!

Nit-Picks:
I personally think you should give her some clothes. What's with the random patches of Turquoise? I don't really like the Blue lipstick. Red might be better, but... definitely not Blue.

I agree, the roses were a huge addition. It probably wouldn't look right without them. I love how you made the tail turn into a plume at the end. The scales, the color, the technique... You even made the eyes small like they should be, but big enough so you can see them and the color inside.

Great job!

-Jesus Freak!

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:21 am
fluteluvr77 says...

Wow, Katemabob, she looks amazing! 'Kay the only real thing that bothers me is that she has weird looking eyes. I mean, I can't draw eyes for my life so this is kinda hypocritical...But, if you look carefully she has one eyebrow up, and her eyes look like she's miserable. This might be just me but the eyebrows are making her look a little skeptical and that doesn't really go with the sad aura that she gives off with the eyes and mouth...Or maybe I'm just artistically challenged. Yeah, probably the second one...Feel free to ignore this :D. Anywayz, this is really good, so gold star for you!
fluteluvr77<3
Love is the answer to life yet the slowest form of suicide.
Love is a paradox.
And that's why we love it.

Got YWS?

1464 Reviews

Reviews: 1464
Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:28 am
Juniper says...

Hi again, Katema! Pretty Mermaid! June here :)

Wow, that's definitely pretty!

Her eyes are a bit off, though. The one on the right is a bit small compared to the left eye :P. She looks upset! What's wrong with her? :P

Also! Her right arm is a bit fat compared to her left arm :P, and the end of her tail is really, really smooth.

I love her hair though! It's so pretty, and her name, Corail, is perfect.

Brilliant job! I love it!

June :)
"I'd steal somebody's purse if I could google it and then download it." -- Firestarter

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:04 pm
AyumiGosu17 says...

Is this...digital or computer work? It looks that way...

But it's pretty good. It's a bit out of porportion - the shoulders too wide, her hands too small, her tail too narrow too soon - but it's okay. It can take up to years to truly "master" something, but even then you mess up from time to time. God knows I do.

Nice job, though! Keep it up!
"Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery." Timothy 4:14 KJV

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:06 pm
Katemabob says...

Okay thanks guys! Yes, I agree, I do need to work on proportion a bit more... I should buy a people drawing book. Umm. So yeah. Oh gosh!! (ha) wow I really do need to fix the eyes! Now that I look at them more, they are terrible...
I think I should make the one on the left look more like the one on the right. The right one is the purdy one! Srry...
Okay so yeah. Thanks! Next time I do a mermaid I will keep these things in mind... :D
Be crazy, be wild, be silly...
Because life is too short to be cool.

Look, a good poem is a poem that exists. Any poem you write is better than the poem you don't.
— WeepingWisteria