Eager to taste the freedom of the skies
But afraid to jump

356 Reviews

Reviews: 356
Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:43 pm
*writewatiwant* says...

Hey there, elizajoe! Welcome to YWS! You'll have great joy here ^^
On to your picture.
I really liked it. Very original; a different point of view. I couldn't tell what it was at first but then I got there. I'm not much of photography critique, so this ain't a good review :D
But I really liked it, so... *clicks on the little star* Gold star for you!

Anyway, that's my opinion. if you need anything just PM me!

*Kat*
Piglet: How do you spell love?
Pooh: You don't spell it. You feel it.

The Buddy System Check us out!

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:17 pm
Shauni says...

I there! Shauni here! Are you enjoying YWS till now? I hope so.

Now the review:

I must say, this is really good. The image could be more centered, which may sometimes not be very good( being centered) but in this case it would be better. The colours are beautiful, the contrast between the white and the brown is so nice and it gives a more natural image of it. A+ on that.
There is a big white spot (snow, of course) on the right corner of the image, that it's not nice. It's the only thing I don't like about it. It takes our attention from the central image/idea, isn't it?!

Overall: It's very good. I really, really liked it! I look forward to see more of your work! Loved it!!!!

Shauni

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:04 pm
ChildofEden says...

Hola, and a welcome to you!
First of all, thank you for shooting my most favorite type of picture in the world: Winter scenes!
Second of all, thank you for not butchering said photo. I really like the vantage point on this, I don't think I've ever scene it posed quite in this way. Everything is crisp and clear and wonderfully criss crossed. The lighting is good, so it doesn't look like your flash went crazy.
Third of all, I'd try not to get quite so close to that spot on the tree next time. It'd look even cooler if you had it sort of symmetrical with both trees.

Anywho, good job on this photo. I hope to see many more from you, and I'll definitely keep my eye out. Hope you have fun here!

Eden
The Future Belongs To Those Who Believe In The Beauty Of Their Dreams. ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

My God, oh how you've changed me; broken, shaped, and rearanged me. How you've knocked me down so you could pick me up.

239 Reviews

Reviews: 239
Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:53 pm
MeadowLark says...

Heya!

This is cool picture! At first it looks like you're in the tree looking down but then it looks like you were beneath the tree ^_^ It could go both ways.

The way the snow is positioned on the branches sort of gives it a twirling effect. It makes feel slightly dizzy if I stare at it long enough. Good job on a different but cool photograph!

Meadow
Purple light in the canyon
that is where I long to be
With my three good companions
just my rifle, pony and me

--- "My Rifle My Pony and Me"

Reviews: 4
Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:08 pm
bio-mechanic says...

This photo is really beautiful! You've 'framed' the picture well by having the trunks on either side, and it's a great new take to the 'regular' snowy-tree photo. The way the branches are reminds me of crosshatching on a drawing, and adds real contract the snow, making it stand out and look brighter than before. The glowing sky above compliments the snow.

I can't really say much else, as I'm terrible at critiquing photos, but I agree with Shauni on the centering of the image.

Anyway, it's a really good photo, and I'd love to see some more of your pictures!
...with my monocle.

can we just be proud Nate isnt selling his bathwater. yewis celebrities are the best celebrities
— fatherfig