z

Young Writers Society

Horse or a pony

Reviews: 0
Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:11 pm
MyMistyWish says...

when I did this sketch I cloud not help but think it would be so cool to make a story of a couple of different breads of horses and make a good story his one would be a pony and would be the fun one of the bunch. I have not come up with a name but it is still a fun idea

critiquing is all ways welcome
Attachments
02-20-2009 05;42;26PM.jpg
Horse
02-20-2009 05;42;26PM.jpg (146.76 KiB) Viewed 483 times

239 Reviews

Reviews: 239
Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:01 pm
MeadowLark says...

Hey!

This is sooo adorable! The little laughing pony! I like how you made his forlock so shaggy you can't even see his eyes. Is he like a shetland or something?

But he has no teeth! Poor little guy! That's all I really found bad about this. He has no teeth. Your shading is wonderful! I love this picture (gold star for you!)

Good job!

Meadow
Purple light in the canyon
that is where I long to be
With my three good companions
just my rifle, pony and me

--- "My Rifle My Pony and Me"

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:01 pm
Katemabob says...

Hai!
I really like this picture! The pony/horse has so much character! So happy-looking! The only things I would fix up are:
One : Maybe some teeth? I am not sure if it already has teeth or not . . . so never mind me if it already does.
and Two : The nostril on the right looks a bit messed up . . . sorry . . . I am not sue how you could fix that, though . . .
So yeah those are the only suggestions I have! I love the shading and everything, too! I shall grant you a . . . STAR!
From Katemabob :D
Be crazy, be wild, be silly...
Because life is too short to be cool.

47 Reviews

Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:03 pm
Katemabob says...

NEVERMIND! I think I see the teeth now! Yeah, yeah! I think those are teeth! Are the teeth the . . . yeah . . . anyways . . . . I see the teeth. :)
Be crazy, be wild, be silly...
Because life is too short to be cool.

Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:55 pm
MyMistyWish says...

Katemabob wrote:NEVERMIND! I think I see the teeth now! Yeah, yeah! I think those are teeth! Are the teeth the . . . yeah . . . anyways . . . . I see the teeth. :)

XD I will work at making the teeth look like they are there and yes I do need to work on the one side of the nose thanks for pointing that out

Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:56 pm
MyMistyWish says...

MeadowLark wrote:Hey!

This is sooo adorable! The little laughing pony! I like how you made his forlock so shaggy you can't even see his eyes. Is he like a shetland or something?

But he has no teeth! Poor little guy! That's all I really found bad about this. He has no teeth. Your shading is wonderful! I love this picture (gold star for you!)

Good job!

Meadow

Ya sorry about not being able to see the teeth I will work on that

89 Reviews

Reviews: 89
Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:40 pm
mimimac says...

This is soooooo cute!
I loved the details you put into the mane! The facial expression rocks and it looks so adorable laughing like that :D The fact that it's hair is covering it's eyes is real cute... The only things I want to critque about is the fact that the neck seems a bit out of proportion to the rest of it and the teeth are not really noticable.
keep it up, great job!

xxmimixx
-mors aut honorabilis vita-

Forget the prince with a horse, I want a vampire with a volvo.

Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:42 pm
MyMistyWish says...

mimimac wrote:This is soooooo cute!
I loved the details you put into the mane! The facial expression rocks and it looks so adorable laughing like that :D The fact that it's hair is covering it's eyes is real cute... The only things I want to critque about is the fact that the neck seems a bit out of proportion to the rest of it and the teeth are not really noticable.
keep it up, great job!

xxmimixx

Thanks :D I see what you mean about the neck I will work on that
I will

47 Reviews

Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:04 pm
Shauni says...

OMG! Really good. The horse is so cute, like so kind of cartoon. I'm reminds my Lucky Luck horse. The shades are magnificent and the proportions too. I loved it! Just one thing, the hair is too much, there are no teeth and the head is a bit small.

Next time, improve those aspects and you will get an incredible drawing!

Keep going!

MORE, please!

Shauni

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:02 pm
Flux says...

I have been drawing horses for years. Nothing could ever compare to this.
This is absolutelyand totally so cute!
There's not really much I can nit-pick, except he/she has no teeth.

OVERALL IMPRESSIONS
GOLD STAR! Yay! *parades around*
Can we call the pony Sugarcube Dumpling?

Great job!
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.

Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth."

-- Oscar Wilde

Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:51 pm
MyMistyWish says...

Shauni wrote:OMG! Really good. The horse is so cute, like so kind of cartoon. I'm reminds my Lucky Luck horse. The shades are magnificent and the proportions too. I loved it! Just one thing, the hair is too much, there are no teeth and the head is a bit small.

Next time, improve those aspects and you will get an incredible drawing!

Keep going!

MORE, please!

Shauni

Thanks I am working on the teeth and thanks for the comment about the head

Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:54 pm
MyMistyWish says...

LaReina wrote:I have been drawing horses for years. Nothing could ever compare to this.
This is absolutelyand totally so cute!
There's not really much I can nit-pick, except he/she has no teeth.

OVERALL IMPRESSIONS
GOLD STAR! Yay! *parades around*
Can we call the pony Sugarcube Dumpling?

Great job!

lol I will definitely work on the teeth and we can call him Sugarcube Dumling that’s so cute

Random avatar

Reviews: 6
Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:36 pm
jadenex246 says...

Hello,
This is so cute. Very great details and shading technique. I love its silly facial expression and how its hair is hiding it's eyes. The only things that really need critiquing are like what the others said, the teeth, the nose is a little scrunched on the right, and it's neck does seem a bit awkward compared to the rest of the body. But mostly this is such a great drawing! Everything else is perfect. Keep up the amazing work :)

-Kristen

Random avatar

Reviews: 24
Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:47 pm
Bleeding Rose says...

Oh My goodness! This is the cutest thing in the world! Great...no Awesome job!
Rite 2 meh lyk dis...and I shoot you.~Unknown
I'm the future of America. Be afraid. Be very afraid~Unknown
If you're blonde and you know it clap your hands *Snap* *snap*
If you're reading this...you're finished reading.

1464 Reviews

Reviews: 1464
Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:36 pm
Juniper says...

Hey Misty! I'm June!

:) This is so cute! He looks like he's laughing, and his hair is so cute in his face that way! :D

I think the neck is a bit odd, though. Like, it seems a bit... thick. I know horses/ponies do have rather thick necks, but this seems a little bit too broad.

Your shading here is perfect, dear! I love how you did it "under" the hair and around the nose. And, oh! The ears! Horse ears are just horrible things to draw :P They insist on jumbling up for me, haha.

Nice work, though! I really like it! :D

So cute; gold star!

June
"I'd steal somebody's purse if I could google it and then download it." -- Firestarter

You have to write the book that wants to be written. And if the book will be too difficult for grown-ups, then you write it for children.
— Madeleine L'Engle, Author