z

Young Writers Society

Le Québec en hiver

86 Reviews

Reviews: 86
Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:01 am
Tabithalillian says...

Me and my family went to Quebec last weekend and it was pretty interesting! I was quite excited to go and only my dad speaks french so I was confused to say the least but enthralled. It was really cold but really pretty and I tried to find really artsy things while I was there and not take all tourist-y pictures! So Enjoy!
This is a picture I took because I just thought all the little shops were so cute and it slightly resembled Diagon Alley from harry potter. It looked like a totally different country. Sorry about the trash cans, I dont think I was allowed to move them!
this is a picture I took at the ice hotel, every thing was made of ice! even the candel holder, it was soo cold nothing melted and I thought it was interesting since the entire room was dark except the few candles in there.
This is my cup at a french restraunt called The Crazy Pig (much longer french name) and I decided I would take a picture of my sprite glass.
Here is a flower at some shop, it was really pretty and the only growing thing that I could find!
We say an art gallery with all kinds of animals done in this strange distorted style of sculpture and I loved the penguins!
Here is a picture of quebec at night! I looked just like a little english village.
We also visited St. Anne's chapel and there were soo many candles I couldn't capture it all but here was the little picture I took of the tops of a few of them! Thanks every one!
Living in a tower

239 Reviews

Reviews: 239
Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:05 pm
MeadowLark says...

Heya! Awesome pictures!

First: Not much I can say about it. But it has an old feel to it. It must be the buildings. Actually, it's quite cozyish.

Second: It's cool to learn that the ice candle holder doesn't melt. I like how the background is kinda hazy and the candle light in the back.

Third: Okay, I defiantly can't find anything to say about the glass except that it has a cool shape to it! ^_^ But the light shining through the window and the glass is quite bright and my eyes instintly go there.

Fourth: I like the flower. It's so pretty! I like how you took only part of it. Good job.

Fifth: Awesome penguins! They look so cute. This is one of my favourites!

Sixth: This is cool! It has a deserted feel to it. I like how part of the street is in shadows. Mysterious yet desereted.

Seventh: Cool colours! They just seem to flow into one another.

I'm sorry if I wasn't too helpful. I just couldn't think of anything to say. Except good job. They're pretty cool, yet different, pictures.

Meadow
Purple light in the canyon
that is where I long to be
With my three good companions
just my rifle, pony and me

--- "My Rifle My Pony and Me"

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:55 pm
Katemabob says...

OOH! I like the first one the most. It is sooo pretty! I could imagine it as a movie set or a perfect little model of a place... if only it did not have the garbage cans... Anyways theyre good pics!
From Katemabob
Be crazy, be wild, be silly...
Because life is too short to be cool.

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:03 am
Telina says...

2.) You got to go to the Ice Hotel! Lucky! This is a cool photograph, I like the angle you took it at. I like how it's focused on the candle, and blurry in the background.
3.) Ha ha, is that your straw with bubbles on it? I'm not really a fan of this one. I think you should of tried to fit the whole glass in the photograph, maybe backing away from it a little, or at least get either the top or the bottom showing fully.
4.) This one is awesome, if you photoshopped it and made the red in the middle contrast more it would be amazing!
5.) Once again, you cut off the top. If you would of backed up it would of been nicer. I loved the three penguins on the right though!

Now I'm sorry but the rest of the photographs didn't load, my computer has been doing this all day! I shall come back and review the rest later, but so far so good=]

Telina.

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:34 am
Telina says...

Back!

1.) This is a great shot, love the building. Honestly it would of taken me a while to notice the trash cans if you had not mentioned them.
6.) This one is pretty good too, obviously taking pictures at night is hard. This one is a wee bit blurry, but still amazing, I like the snow on the windows. Great shot, in the daylight this would be an awesome one too!
7.) This one is by far my favorite! I love the colors! It's at a great angle and it's focused perfectly.
Except who is that person in the background? Ha ha.

All in all, great pictures. Looks like it was a fun vacation. Work on the angles at which you take pictures. Other than that awesome! Keep it up!

Telina.

News is not a game show. You don't win a car if you happen to be right.
— John Oliver