z

Young Writers Society

Comic Pitch

Random avatar

Reviews: 681
Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:40 am
Sponson Light says...

Ill see if Im couped up at home the next few days to continue this further.
(No its not all going to be emo)
You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, instead, you should read every single book to see what every book is about before you even come close to judging its viability.

Random avatar

Reviews: 1160
Mon Aug 22, 2005 5:37 am
Elizabeth says...

This seriously sounds like me in some distantly strange future....
Nice job on the hands... I suck at hands....
As well as everything else.

Random avatar

Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:33 pm
Sponson Light says...

You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, instead, you should read every single book to see what every book is about before you even come close to judging its viability.

323 Reviews

Reviews: 323
Tue Aug 23, 2005 12:02 am
hekategirl says...

You need to clean it up a bit, the second the most, its kind of hard to tell what your looking at with all the extra lines. but its nice drawing.
***Honorary 11-Year-Old***

Heh-COT-ee-GUR-el

Got YWS?

Random avatar

Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:23 am
Sponson Light says...

The blurry stuff is usually the stuff you dont need to look at much.

685 Reviews

Reviews: 685
Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:30 am
View Likes
Rei says...

I can't really read much of it, but the drawings will be all right once you clean them up a bit.

One nitpick from the words I can read: My BF has (not had) because you're writing in present-tense.
Please, sit down before you fall down.
Belloq, "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

Random avatar

Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:34 am
Sponson Light says...

well actually, if you think about it, the boyfriend had to have dumped her first in order to get up to the point where shes writing in the blog about her bf dumping her, so the "Bf had dumped me" was in the past in order for her to write that she was dumped.

But I dunno. I find that you cant get dumped and writing in your online blog similtaneously, unless he was dumping her at the point she was typing. Which is odd.

But this is just me.

685 Reviews

Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:43 am
View Likes
Rei says...

Yes, it is in the past, but when you're writing in present-tense and refering to things that happened in the past, you use has. Had is used with you're writing in past-tense and are refering to things that happened before the time you're writing about.

Random avatar

Reviews: 1160
Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:48 am
Elizabeth says...

Ahh I get it now

you're in the psat now...

In the first drawing though it looked like he was a giant arsed macho guy
in the one now he's lik ethis skinny little bugger!

Hmm, this should get interesting..

Random avatar

Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:06 am
Sponson Light says...

Reichieru wrote:Yes, it is in the past, but when you're writing in present-tense and refering to things that happened in the past, you use has. Had is used with you're writing in past-tense and are refering to things that happened before the time you're writing about.

Then you would never use had because when you write with had you cant use had because it would have had to be the time before your writing. But I just did it, which is confusing me greatly.

Random avatar

Tue Aug 23, 2005 5:44 am
Sponson Light says...

685 Reviews

Tue Aug 23, 2005 3:24 pm
Rei says...

No, there are times when you use had. Let me give you an example if the difference.

"I'm feeling terrible because my boyfriend has dumped me."

"I was feeling terrible because my boyfriend had dumped me."

Understand now?

Random avatar

Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:23 pm
Sponson Light says...

No...
Man, I guess this is why I suck at english, I dont understand its complex rules!
But if you insist, Ill go back and fix it.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Tue Aug 23, 2005 9:53 pm
Snoink says...

I would say "My boyfriend dumped me" so you can get away from all that has/had confusion.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

685 Reviews

Tue Aug 23, 2005 9:57 pm
Rei says...

Cheers to that!

Once here on Young Writers Society, in chat, chickens wanted variety. They complained to Nate and after debate became funky orangutans silently.
— Mea