z

Young Writers Society

Gotta love Reno

280 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 280
Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:06 pm
Nutty says...

Hey, I got bored and drew this last night. I don't have a scanner that works, so sorry for the poor quality- It's a photo of a picture. Lol.

I can't decide which version shows up the best, so here's the other attempt at darkening it- >.<

The only editing I've done on this on the computer is attempt to make it sharper and darker so it shows up- It's really pencil. And the hair actually shows up in the hard copy- it's just too light for our bad digital camera to pick up properly
It's not easy having a good time. Even smiling makes my face ache.

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:05 am
Alice says...

I like the effects the camera gives, makes it look...unique ^_^
I just lost the game.

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:36 am
Telina says...

I actually like the light on the first one, the second one has a red tint and I didn't like that.
Good drawing though. I like the jaw and the left eye as well.
The right eye looks a little darker than the. left I'm not sure if you meant to do so but I think it makes the drawing look off.
You have really good lines, especially the shirt and the neck line.
I can't really comment on the hair or the glasses because the light of the photo but good job.
Is it a character from a book or something?

280 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:34 am
Nutty says...

It's final fantasy VII. Here is the pic I modelled it off (I'm not talented enough yet to do it off the top of my head- part of the reason I drew this guy was to try and get face structure right, though I cut out the tilt of the head. Lol)

http://www.freewebs.com/adventchildrenf ... 7/reno.jpg

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:04 am
Telina says...

Ah a Final Fantasy fan=] all three of my brothers love those games. I've never played because their obsession frightened me ha-ha.

Oh WOW now that I've seen the picture I think you did an even better job than I thought before! It's so close! If you just colored if they would be practically identical! Great job!

143 Reviews

Reviews: 143
Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:05 am
anti-pop says...

Oh, Nutty! Great job! I can't sketch like this at all. I'm jealous! >.<
I'm a huge fan of FFVII. Reno is my favorite! (Apart from Vincent.) lol. He's so funny. :D
The only thing I can think to really comment on is the goggles. They just look a little crooked. 'Tis all!
I also think the second version showed up a little better. Great job overall! You should do one of Rude now. xD

~anti-pop
...Bitter cold, it grows
changing holds
cynicism the new norm...

-Libretto

280 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:55 am
Nutty says...

Thanks, guys ^_^
They are fun characters to draw- they have strong facial structures, y'know?

I hate television. I hate it as much as peanuts. But I can't stop eating peanuts.
— Orson Welles