z

Young Writers Society

School Project - Colored version

198 Reviews

Reviews: 198
Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:25 pm
View Likes
Dreamworx95 says...

Sorry, it's small. I tried to re-size it in photobucket, but the new version has me befuddled. :?: Sigh. So here it is. We weren't supposed to color the entire thing, so I only colored the leaves
Attachments
leafcolor3.jpg
leafcolor3.jpg (58.23 KiB) Viewed 264 times

273 Reviews

Reviews: 273
Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:48 pm
Explosive_Pen says...

Wow, this is really beautiful. I know nothing about art, but I'll do the best I can.
It looks like the leaves are in the branches of a pine tree, so it's a little odd. Like, it looks like the tree's on it's side, and I don't know it's supposed to look that way?
In any case, this is beautiful. You have talent.
"You can love someone so much...But you can never love people as much as you can miss them."

86 Reviews

Reviews: 86
Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:14 am
Tabithalillian says...

this is pretty nice. I liked the contrast between the gray fern mossy things around it but the colored leaves. I dont know why but it almost looks like the mossy stuff is squishy and I want to touch it! I also like the green ness of the leaf and it looks sorta like mint, but I am probably wrong. I do like the totally black and white one better but this is still cool.
Living in a tower

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:40 pm
Rosendorn says...

Nice job!

One little nit-pick on the colour: It's a little flat. Usually it takes three to five colours for things to look real (I've used seven to nine in some cases) and right now you only have colours to show shading. The big leaf in the middle is mostly what I'm talking about; the others are really nice!

Other then that, very well done!
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:31 pm
Kakali says...

I really like it. Acctually I can't tell if you drew this or not. Wait did you dra it, or did you take a photo? *=* I'm a bit confused. I liked the different colors of the leaves. laeves with all one type of color are flat, thats why I like fall the best. There are a couple of leaves that are not colored, and that really bugged me. (OCD)other than that, 5/5 star work!!
LONG LIVE LOVE

763 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 763
Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:20 am
Lava says...

HI!!
I really love this! How did you do it? What did you use? Or is it a photo? Do reply.

The only thing was the flat centre leaf. It kind of took you're eyes from everything else as it did not look natural. Try varying the colours some more until you get a satisfactory effect would be what I'd like you to do.
If it were larger I would have made it my wallpaper!

It's just bee-yoo-tiful. I totally love yor idea and this picture.
*clicks gold star*

~Lava
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.

198 Reviews

Reviews: 198

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:02 pm
Behind Scene Walls says...

Whoa, that's really good. Is it based on a holiday or is it symbolism. Still it's great.
Regret is the main thing you hate in a society
because you are always regretting the thing that was regretful.

“Isn't it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet?”
— L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables