z

Young Writers Society

Two New Sketches

86 Reviews

Reviews: 86
Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:09 pm
Tabithalillian says...

Ok, here are a couple sketches I did the past week.
He is sorta soposed to look like he is in a cave or some thing, yes I know he looks totally washed out, but scanners never make the drawings look as nice as they do in person.
This one her collar bones are really messad up and I will be working on fixing them. Also the man behind her is holding her arm and part of her sleve. I was kinda going for the louis claudia effect here, but not totally interview with a vampire based.
I got a scanner for christmas! Hurray! So you will be seeing a lot more from me soon!
Living in a tower

365 Reviews

Reviews: 365
Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:19 pm
Antigone Cadmus says...

Hey, Tabithalillian!

These are some really nice sketches!

Here is some critique:

First sketch:

-The eyes are too fat apart.
-The nose is too curved
-The shape of the head is very nice

Second:

This reminded me of the cover from Scott Westerfield's "Pretties". ^_^ It also reminded me of Anne Rice novels... and then I read the description! Yay! I was right!

-Claudia is younger-looking, if that's what you wanted.
-The girl's lips are much too dark.
-Maybe you could add blood dribbling down her chin! ^_^
-Again, the eyes are too far apart
-The head is too wide
-Her fingers are a bit chubby (my fingers are like sticks when I draw- you never can draw hand right, can you?)
-The neck muscles are fine, but her thick neck and wide shoulders make her look masculine.

I hope this wasn't too harsh. I really liked your sketches!

Very good job,
Sakura
Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?
nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
-Catullus, Carmen 85

273 Reviews

Reviews: 273
Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:32 pm
Lost_in_dreamland says...

I really like these. xD
The first one:-
-The shading is amazing. I adore it. xD
-The proportions are a bit wrong. Eyes are meant to be an eye-length apart.
-I think the curve of the nose goes too far up his face.
-The sun/moon is great. I love it. :)
-You absolutely rock at eyebrows :lol: no, seriously, they are hard to draw but yours are great, xD

The second one:-
-I really like the hair
-They eyes are too far apart again.
-The shading is good as well
-I like the shadow underneath the face. xD

Overall:
I really liked these, Sure, there were some small errors but after all, art is something you gradually improve upon, isn't it? You obviously have natural talent because these are great ;) You are amazing at shading, I adore your shading, so much ;)

Well done :)

I really do hope you post more.

:D

~Kirsten
xoxo
for what are we without words and stories?

86 Reviews

Reviews: 86
Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:49 pm
Tabithalillian says...

eyes are an eye appart!! Now I remember! I totally can never get the eyes totally correct and they are either too far appart of on the forehead. . .erg. But thanks for reminding me, I think I may just practive drawing eyes now. THanks for the eyebrows, I spent like fifteen minutes just staring at some random guys eye brows. I see what you mean about shoulders, its am ongoing problem I have and those are actually the man's fingers, not her's. They are pretty chubby though arnt they? BUt thanks for noticing the interview with a vampire theme, and yes, I think I need to make the little girl younger. Wow, I thought my shading would be the thing that made every one thing my drawings sucked but apparently not! Thank you again! -Tabitha
Living in a tower

"Do not try to be pretty. You weren't meant to be pretty; you were meant to burn down the earth and graffiti the sky. Don't let anyone ever simplify you to just 'pretty'"
— Suzanne Rivard