z

Young Writers Society

Christmas Skates&More

86 Reviews

Reviews: 86
Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:51 pm
Tabithalillian says...

Here are a couple pictures I took on christmas, I did have some really pretty ones of christmas ornaments but I was reflected in every single one.
these two are of my younger sister's ice skates, the light hitting them looked so interesting I had to try some new angles and such.

This was my sister and cousin holding hands, the younger cousin was teaching claudia how to skate! it was pretty cute!
The next two are of our christmas tree!
These are the beach on christmas morning and my youngest sister Grace's boots. All three of them and my cousin looked so cute and chunky in their snowsuits! (well not claudia)
Last edited by Tabithalillian on Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Living in a tower

1464 Reviews

Reviews: 1464
Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:56 pm
Juniper says...

Hey!

A couple?!? WAA! It's only one!

Anyway! Yay! An ice skate. I am totally a sucker for figure skating or any ice skating. Too bad I wrecked my knee doing it.

Oh right. Onto the photo. So, yeah, your composition here was okay. Not too bad, but not great. The sunlight could have aided the photo, but yet it took away and washed out part of it. Made me unhappy. Also, the VCR thingamajigs in the background are also annoying-- no offense. They make the photo feel tilted. Perhaps hang something there or grab a large sheet of poster board and put it there to block it.

Goooood job on the entire photo though! I am jealous of your skates :lol:

Keep it up!
June
"I'd steal somebody's purse if I could google it and then download it." -- Firestarter

86 Reviews

Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:01 pm
Tabithalillian says...

I added more, my computer deleeted all of them before I posted them! Oooops!
Living in a tower

1464 Reviews

Reviews: 1464
Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:19 pm
Juniper says...

Hey again!

Yay! More pictures!

Very good! I loved the composition on each of them Very well done! The grey and white photo of the skate is well done; much better than the first. It's my favorite out of these.

I love the one of the boots on the ice. I don't know what it is about that one-- but something in it draws me in. Good, good, good job.

Keep it up!

You captured the wintry-ness well :D

10/10

June
"I'd steal somebody's purse if I could google it and then download it." -- Firestarter

763 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 763
Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:13 am
Lava says...

They're all really nice pictures.
Here are a few flaws:
1st photo: I didn't really figure out what it was. It took a moment to register. It's a brilliant angle but the picture comes off as too warm for ice-skates. And the background is distracting.
The second one is much better.
3rd photo: You could have slightly zoomed out a bit. Not so much that you actually see the people but just slightly. It would make the picture seem better.

Besides these, no other flaws. I love the christmas trees. They look brilliant! And the boots as well. If you had slightly changed the angle, you could have gotten the sun's rays better, but other wise, amazing set of photos.
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.

273 Reviews

Reviews: 273
Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:54 pm
Lost_in_dreamland says...

I really like these photos xD
They work really well, and they are all great
The only one I didn't like was the first, because the background is very distracting. I do like them a lot though. The contrast is great, and everything just works. I really like the second one, with the ice skates. It's lovely xD
The holding hands one is so cute. I think you should name them, give them nice poetic names so they hold meaning. Maybe even write a poem on them... Off subject, but anyway, they were really good xD
well done
~Lostxxx
for what are we without words and stories?

365 Reviews

Reviews: 365
Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:47 pm
Antigone Cadmus says...

These are nice pictures.

First photograph: The contrast and the background are a bit distracting.

Second photograph: Ah. Contrast is much better. ^_^ The only thing here is a bit of the skate is chopped off. Try to get the whole of your subject in the photograph.

Third photograph: Cute! You could have zoomed out a bit more...

Fourth and fifth photograph: Wha? These are zoomed in waaaay too much. I know it's a Christmas tree, but I can hardly tell!

Sixth: I love this picture! I'm not sure why, I just love it.

Seventh: Again, zoomed in too much.

Nice job!

-Sakura
Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?
nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
-Catullus, Carmen 85

86 Reviews

Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:27 am
Tabithalillian says...

Thanks every one! I love the tips and I am so glad that people thing im atleast a decent photographer. I agree on the holding hands photo. I used to have Claudia and Rebecca's arms too but when I cropped it on my camera I really wasnt paying attention. But I will be sure to try all of the tips next time.
Living in a tower

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna lay down and become a tomato for a while.
— RokitaVivi