z

Young Writers Society

Can you Tell Who it is? What Can I Do to make him Better?

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:45 pm
Raimunda says...

I am actually nearly sobbing over this. I am pathetic. :(

Its taken me hoooges and now even I can't tell who it is and I drew it.
Its for a friend and it needs to be done by friday so can you tell me please what I can do to make it actually worthy of presentation to the public?

I hate this picture with a deep and eternal loathing.
Please can you.
a. guess who it is
b please please please guess it right so I can feel better about it.
c. tell me how to make it better?

I will honestly love you forever.
xxxx
Attachments
7th camera contents 08 159.jpg
*gasp* its HORRIBLE!!
7th camera contents 08 159.jpg (114.54 KiB) Viewed 815 times
Last edited by Raimunda on Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I just hit my computer
Because it was being slow
I need my daily Smallville fix
And it will not load the video.

Random avatar

Reviews: 24
Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:00 am
Bleeding Rose says...

If it is a famous person then no I have no idea who it would be. But if you need some critiques I can help you with that! You have two days to fix it.

*His left eyebrow is bushier/bigger than the other
*His left eye is bigger than the other
*His lips are sort of slanted up and down

and that is all that I have observed right now. I hope that this helps. Don't feel down on yourself. It is a great drawing despite its flaws. Every drawing has flaws. THe shading is ecellent also. Great job!
Rite 2 meh lyk dis...and I shoot you.~Unknown
I'm the future of America. Be afraid. Be very afraid~Unknown
If you're blonde and you know it clap your hands *Snap* *snap*
If you're reading this...you're finished reading.

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:04 am
gamechanger10 says...

Edward Cullen, baby!
"The difference between the right word and almost the right word is the difference between lightning and the lightning bug." -Mark Twain

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:35 am
.:Echelon:. says...

hey its edward!!!!!

cool but he looks really old in the picture,

you need thinner eyebrows,

less stubble,

less lines under eyes and also the mouth and the nose are quite close,
nose the nose up the smallest bit.

its really good i dont see why you hate it.

Love rebbecca
Every rose has it's thorn..
Just like every night has it's dawn.

I've matured a lot and I realised it was time to come back.. for good!

137 Reviews

Reviews: 137
Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:06 am
Bittersweet says...

I can certainly tell who it is! Don't cry. :P

I don't think Robert's eyes are quite so large though. He has fairly small eyes, so you may want to shrink them down somewhat. Also with the eyes, the bottoms of the irises are a little weird. Like... it's not a complete circle, it just ends. I might let it go if it's supposed to be light gleaming there, but there's nothing to suggest it. In his pupil, I'd suggest putting a bit of light in it. They look very dull and flat. Make the light catch it! One more thing on the eyes; the eyelashes look they're growing on the skin under his eyes! Connect them to the rim of the eye so it doesn't look so strange.

Everything else is wonderful though! His eyebrows are very accurate, and the whole area around the jaw is amazing. You got his face shape very nicely, and the odd angles of his cheekbones. The stubble amazes me; very realistic. The hair is very nicely done as well and the nose too! The only thing I suggest you change is the eyes!

-Holly
eviscerate your fragile frame
spill it out in ragged form
a thousand different versions of yourself.

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:22 am
Meep(: says...

Robert Pattinson! a.k.a Edward Cullen/Cedric Diggory
Gosh, here you are, loathing this drawing,
When I would kill to be able to draw with such skill!
Now I feel like I should be crying! :(
Did you draw him by looking at a photo?
Because that should be quite easy to tell where you went wrong?
Anyway, I'm in no position to critique your work for I am inferior,
So I just came here to complement you :)
Cheer up! It's not as bad as you think :D
~Liverpool F.C Supporter~
"You'll never walk alone"

Random avatar

Reviews: 23
Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:13 am
lukas8u says...

You know, a little fang poking out would be cool... Or maybe I am just babbling. You probably couldn't change that at this point anyway.

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:10 am
mizz-iceberg says...

Try to make the nose finer...
I don't like his messy stubble, it makes him look messy and old.
The shadow under his eye makes him look tired and old-ish. The eyebrows are bit too thick... just a bit... and make them slightly longer.

And his jaw... ugh... I don't know how to explain this but make his chin and jaw line a bit more angular, or narrow. It's too wide.. it gives him a chubbier look.

Or may it's the distance between one ear to the other, that's making him look chubby, so that might be what you have to cut down on. I'm don't know what you should do to give his features a more refined and angular look. Also his lips should a little longer and little less plump.

I tried my best, I'll admit I don't know too much about sketching faces but I tried to help as much as I could.

I hope I was helpful...

Best of luck!
I'm a godmother, that's a great thing to be, a godmother. She calls me god for short, that's cute, I taught her that.
--Ellen DeGeneres

1275 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1275
Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:17 am
niteowl says...

This isn't horrible. It's a lot better than what I could do. But as a non-drawer, I do notice a few things (I think most have been said already but I'll just be annoying and repeat).

Too much shading on the jaw.
Too many lines under the eyes.
The face is a little wide.
The eyes seem really big, which doesn't look right.
The eyebrows are a bit dark and bushy.

Like I said, I'm not an artist, but this is pretty good, just needs some fine-tuning.

EDIT: I just saw a random photo of the actors who played Edward, Bella, and James doing some photo shoot or something where they looked all scruffy and Robert Pattison has a lot more stubble, and I'd have to say your drawing resembles that a lot more. So if that was your goal, then great job! Although I still think the eyes look a little old.
Last edited by niteowl on Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

273 Reviews

Reviews: 273
Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:11 pm
Lost_in_dreamland says...

Ok; I'm not a fan of twilight but I do love this picture. All the artistic people can give you critiques but seriously I was in hysterics when I saw this picture. Do you have any idea how incredible that drawing is? Hahah I'm only a year younger than you but I couldn't draw anything anywhere near as good as that. Seriously, you might need to improve a few things (though if your friend isn't artistic then I don't think she'll notice) but I adore it.

Don't loathe it, you are so talented *glares evilly at you for being so talented* hahah :lol:
-Kirsten xxx
for what are we without words and stories?

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:55 pm
KailaMarie says...

wow, that's really good! It's Robert Paterson of course! That's like amazing.
... :D ...
[url]spottedturtle.tumblr.com[/url]

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:00 pm
Emma says...

...And you're only 14? God, there's me thinking I was alright at art then I see a 14 year old's pencil drawing. No idea who the guy is though!

Not too sure that there is too much shading on the jaw when it seems to be a stubble. I would personally say more white though - it gives it more definition. I would agree that one eye is bigger than the other but I think it works well. Everyone has their own style, nothing needs to be photo-perfect.

297 Reviews

Reviews: 297
Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:29 pm
Kaylyn says...

It looks fine and I could tell with ease who it is. Although I agree there needs to be less eye brow. I love the photo. there is a too much shading under the left eye. One eye being bigger than the other is okay. In fact my eyes are that way. Imperfection adds to the beautiful. It was great, I love it. Its certainly presentable to the public. :)
As your pretty, so be wise,
Wolves may lurk in every guise.

86 Reviews

Reviews: 86
Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:00 pm
Tabithalillian says...

first off amazing! I simply loved it! I could tell it was robert pattison as edward cullen right away and was just struck dumb by your talent! Your the same age as I am and if you check out my jacob and bella drawing on here it stinks compared to yours. The only thing that I could find wrong with it was the nose is a tab bit close to the mouth. But besides that you got him down pat! I would love some drawing tips from you some times (if its not to much to ask!) and I just thought id stop by and express my admiration!
Living in a tower

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:31 pm
Raimunda says...

Eeee.
I feel really guilty now because you've all been so nice and complimentary and helpful and I....um, kinda threw this away the next day and drew a new one. Which I didn't scan in.

So.

Eurgh I feel really awful!!
thanks!

xxxxxx
I just hit my computer
Because it was being slow
I need my daily Smallville fix
And it will not load the video.

To be a master of metaphor is the greatest thing by far. It is the one thing that cannot be learnt from others, and it is also a sign of genius.
— Aristotle, Poetics