z

Young Writers Society

photographs

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:45 am
savetheoceans says...

I recently got into photography, although I have the cheapest camera you can ever get. I'm planning on buying a better camera in the future, but right now, I guess I'll have to settle with my normal Sony digital.
Anyway, I'd like to hear what you think! =)

Anyway, I hope you like them :) Please leave comments and do realize these are all taken by me, therefore they are all copyright. & they were all taken in my backyard :)
"Destiny is not a matter of change, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved."
- William Jennings Bryan

Random avatar

Reviews: 24
Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:53 am
Bleeding Rose says...

I think that these were very beautiful pictures. I absolutely loved the spider one! It was so pretty and it was focused on that one thing and everything else was a blur around the picture. I liked the tree one that looked up on the tree looking at all of the branches and everything. I think that it was also beautiful. These were very good! Great job!
Rite 2 meh lyk dis...and I shoot you.~Unknown
I'm the future of America. Be afraid. Be very afraid~Unknown
If you're blonde and you know it clap your hands *Snap* *snap*
If you're reading this...you're finished reading.

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:22 am
googly says...

Wow, these are really beautiful pictures! I really like the second to the last one. The sky is so pretty and I love the angle where you took it at! I also like the spider one, even though I hate spiders. The last one is also one of my favorites!

Great job, keep up the good work,

googly

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:45 am
niccy_v says...

That can't be a bad camera with those photos. Even my SLR doesn't take those sort of shots sometimes.

The spider one was by far my favourite, but i'd prefer it, if i was the photographer, to crop it down so the spider is centered and it's a close-up.

The second pic stiked me as a little strange. It had other green material interfering in the blue, so it didn't make the main pic centered against blue sky. Which would've made it a whole lot nicer, but then again, you did say it was a bad camera?

The third was impressive. I'd love it as portrait rather than landscape, but other than that, you have it framed quite nicely. The textures are very obvious since you got a well developed, coloured, and sharpened image.

As for the one with the tree and sky - it looks more of a potential book cover... i don't know... it was a little too plain. Maybe in b/w or sepia it would be more interesting, but not a lot happpened in the pic... it is nice though, got lots of colour and is so sharp!

You have a lovely collection of images here, they're quite good for such a low-end camera
Writing gives my life purpose

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:51 am
Ethan- says...

The spider picture is great but if you zoomed in and centered the spider that would be nicer because the blurry background kind off distracting due to its size..
The best picture for me would be the second last picture of the tree and the sky. It is really beautiful with the bright sky and the luminosity around the leaves. Very nice composition and angle.

Cool pictures :D
Do cats eat bats?
Do cats eat bats...Do bats eat cats?

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:37 pm
Behind Scene Walls says...

I like these photos but there are some flaws.

First photo:I like this photo but it needs a better background and the spider needs to be right centered more.

Second photo:I like this photo and especially how the sun shines down on the branches. You caught that picture at the righ time and area

Third photo:I personally don't care for this photo. I think if you positioned it right it would have been a little smaller and not as big.

Fourth photo:I like this photo it makes you feel like are actually in the tree.

Fifth photo:I like this photo but it's a little bland or ordinary.

Sixth photo:I like how the light hit it

Seventh photo: I like how the light hits this one too
Regret is the main thing you hate in a society
because you are always regretting the thing that was regretful.

672 Reviews

Reviews: 672
Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:10 am
Squall says...

Hi there.

I think the spider shot was by far the best (and the most interesting). It's like the spider's swinging across the thread like some child on the monkey bar. I think it would be better if you had zoomed up on the spider so that we can see the spider more clearly.

I don't have anything to say about the rest (think everyone pointed out the flaws). I like how you captured the trees and use the sky and sun to your advantage.
"To the edge of the universe and back. Endure and survive."

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:04 pm
Rosendorn says...

First pic- Amazing. I think I would have been too creeped out to get that close to a spider.
Second pic- You could stand to crop the bottom half of this one. But the sunlight filtering through the trees is really nice.
Third pic- I really love it. I take these kinds of pictures myself and what gets me every time is sunlight filtering through the branches. And the focus being on the soft needles at the bottom is a picture in itself!
Fourth pic- I love the play of light and shadow here. You could have chosen a part of the tree with slightly denser branches, but other then that it's really pretty.
Fifth pic- Not much going for it. It's nice, just a little repetitive.
Sixth pic- I love the sky/tree combo here, and the play of colours. Amazing!
Seventh pic- Looking up in fairy land. That's all I can say about the composition. I adore this one; it's my favourite!

Had you not told me this was a cheep camera I wouldn't have guessed on my own. These are really well done!
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:21 pm
puppykiss says...

Dear, I thoght they were great, you have quite of a future ahead of you. You were focusing on the small things that really mean so much to our planet. I planning on going to art school.
Well, keep up the good work and stay on the right trrack.
Just Breathe Deeply And You'll Be Fine.
-Audrey

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:36 pm
KatherineF92 says...

I know I'm just repeating what everyone else is saying, but for a Sony digitial, I'd have to say these are quite good. My favorites are the first and last photo, particularly the first. I love the way the spider stands out. And I love how you took something people will normally look at with disgust and make it's beauty more clear. I would know, because whenever I see a spider (or even just a picuture of one) I cringe. Well, not with your photo. :)

Defintaley keep taking more photos.

273 Reviews

Reviews: 273
Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:22 pm
Lost_in_dreamland says...

You're really good at photography. Especially if your camera isn't good. xD Makes me wish I could photograph, right word? *ponders*

I
I love this one. It's so beautiful how you pay attention to small details that shape our world, and not the larger. After all, what are we without those small details? Small details make everything what it is. The spider is really beautiful, the only thing that I think might make it even nicer is if there was a raindrop on the web. My god, how picky am I? That's not your fault though, well done. I love the pic! What is underneath the web? Like, background-wise?

II
I love how the two trees come from different directions, then where they meet the sun comes over the top. 'tis beautiful ;) As cliched as this sounds it reminds me of love. How cliche? Not your photo, my phrases :( The two leafs are touching and remnants of the sun are visible. Beautiful.

III
I love this one! You make such good use of the light, it's incredible. I envy you, it must be warm where you live. I live in Scotland, trees here are boring oak and pine. Those are beautiful. Good quality picture.

IV
I'm not such a fan of this one. Perhaps it would look better if you had a model sitting on it. A friend or someone. *muses* good quality picture though.

V
Nice. That reminds me of the children's book, secret garden, I want to push through the leaves and enter. I is an oddball ;)

VI
I adore the sky. The green of the tree and blue of the sky merge into one, really beautiful.

VII
The sun rays are lovely. Fantastic variety of greens. xD

overall
I really like these pictures. You have talent ;) They remind me of postcards for some reason. Ones that I'd buy on holiday and send home. xD
I love the creativity, how you focus on individual features, instead of the whole picture. I also love the angles and such.
If this is you with a rubbish camera, I'd like to see ones with a professional camera.

You are great at photography. xD

~Kirsten
xoxo
for what are we without words and stories?

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:08 pm
*DaughteroftheMoon* says...

First Photo:
The first one was good, nothing out of this world about it, but it was good. Especially when you are taking it with a simple camera. I like how ou captured the color on the spider and the color looks spun into the web.

Second Photo:
I find that the suns glare makes some of the picture appear a little bit hazy. I really don't like it too much because of the lighting. You even have a bit of the sun in the picture and its blazing down quite a bit. Overall, nothing impressive there.

Third Photo:
Interesting angle! Although I think that you should focus on one object. The camera pic. seems focused half on the plant and half on the mulch. Choose one or the other. Other than that it was good.

Fourth Photo:
Again, I love the angle. The focus is good on this, and it is my favorite. I love the way it is taken at the base of the tree and looking upward. Good job on that one. Thumbs up!
Amor Vincit Omnia

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:56 pm
knFrance says...

One, three, and six are my favorites but they are all lovely! I love nature pictures, I really like the way you capture the light and are able to focus in on details so well. Especially for having only a digital camera! From the looks of these pictures I would bet that you have one beautiful back yard :D

Well done
and I look forward to seeing more pictures!

143 Reviews

Reviews: 143
Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:11 pm
anti-pop says...

Hello, savetheoceans!

The second, third, and fourth are my favorites! If I had to choose my absolute favorite, I'd say the fourth because the image is so sharp and detailed, the balance of light and shadow is perfect, and the colors compliment each other so well! It really is gorgeous!
The rest are all beautiful too. I love the way you used the sunlight to your advantage!

I'm sorry to say, but I don't like the spider. I mean, the focus is superb and with a little cropping it would be perfect, but...I have arachnophobia and looking at that just made me shudder. I'm so sorry! :(

Overall though, they're lovely. I highly doubt that camera of yours is cheap! These are such spectacular shots, dear.

*anti-pop
...Bitter cold, it grows
changing holds
cynicism the new norm...

-Libretto

272 Reviews

Reviews: 272
Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:55 pm
beckiw says...

My favourites are the first and sixth. The others for me kind of lack something in composition or light.

I'm going to disagree with some other reviewers and say that I don't think you should crop the spider photograph so that it is in the centre. If you placed the spider in the centre I think this would make it boring composition wise. Not everything has to be centred to make it right. Placing things slightly to the side can make photographs more interesting in my opinion :) If you were to crop it I would crop it a bit at the bottom but not much. I don't really like messing with photographs after they have been taken lol

The sixth one is cool I like the angle and the colours and the light :) Good photos though, keep photographing. You obviously have an eye.
'The creation of a single world comes from a huge number of fragments and chaos.' - Hayao Miyazaki

Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and the shadows will fall beyond you.
— Walt Whitman