z

Young Writers Society

Pictures 2

1464 Reviews

Reviews: 1464
Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:32 pm
Juniper says...

I said I would post a bit of my artwork and photography this week, and here it is! It's just pictures right now, but I might post my art in the same thread later, as long as that doesn't give me points or anything. I'll try not to post too many cat pictures :lol: but it's all I ever take pictures of (kidding, but seriously I do do that often) and hopefully I will post more soon :D. Photobucket's resizing was a bit odd today... or maybe it's that my photos are OVERLY large.

I like harsh criticism :D

This is Oreo; We were playing chase the rope (that blue distracting thing in the background) and she was determined to hit the camera with her paw.

This is Fuzzy; I know the car and the rope are a distraction.

This was taken heading towards NYC last week from the car window :).

We stopped for a rest somewhere that I don't remember and I was idling with my camera.

I am obsessed with this one! This is my cat, Masha hissing at the kittens... she hates other cats, since she's obviously convinced she's human. She must understand what I'm typing too, because she's glaring at me. To tell you how far my obsession has gone, I have actually set it as my computer desktop background (Masha hates me for that) =)

And this is my Panda(Bear). She's a bicolor-bipolar kitty :D. No joke. And she is Fuzzy's mommy.

And now for my ground shots =). Which are totally far from brilliant.
Leaves; there was a snake in there that I was trying to catch. I dare you to find him... or her.

Pine needles...

...and pine cones!

Enjoy :). I promise to post my scribbles as soon as I can:D
"I'd steal somebody's purse if I could google it and then download it." -- Firestarter

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:00 pm
fire_of_dawn says...

These are all very nice. Panda reminds me of my cat. :)

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:27 pm
Raimunda says...

Im not really a cat person so I wasnt really into those, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE the one with the leaves and the sun.I thought that the colours and light and just general feel of it was cool.

Maybe with the cat ones, you could like, change the colouring or add more light effects like with the one with the leaves??
xx
Last edited by Raimunda on Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I just hit my computer
Because it was being slow
I need my daily Smallville fix
And it will not load the video.

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:11 am
Leapy says...

I LOVE the last two, they just make you realize exactly how much you miss on a ground level. They are really simple and yet beautiful.

The cats are really cute, but for the first just be careful with them moving, haha. Great job.
~*Don't Tear Me Down*~

411 Reviews

Reviews: 411
Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:39 pm
Sohini says...

Ahh...nothing better than cats in action.Wow you're good at it too!

And I absolutely LOVE the perspective of the last three photos...especially the leaves. And no I cannot see Mr. Snakey.

The clouds pic is pretty hazy, I wish it were clearer.

And the idling-with-my-cam one has those distracting lines (I get irritated by them so much here in India) and spoils the beautiful blue sky.

Yay to kitty pics! *cuddles the cats*
Calvin : You can't just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood.
Hobbes : What mood is that?
Calvin : Last-minute panic.

Random avatar

Reviews: 24
Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:12 am
Bleeding Rose says...

I very much enjoyed your photos! The cat ones were kind of off but the pincones, pine needles, and leaves. THose were the most brilliant pictures! I loved them! Leaves had the most brilliant lighting and it took me twice to find the lawn chair that was in that picture! These pictures were beautiful and as I have been told, I believe that there is topic that you can post pictures of your pets. But I have only been told that! Great job!
Rite 2 meh lyk dis...and I shoot you.~Unknown
I'm the future of America. Be afraid. Be very afraid~Unknown
If you're blonde and you know it clap your hands *Snap* *snap*
If you're reading this...you're finished reading.

198 Reviews

Reviews: 198
Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:53 pm
Dreamworx95 says...

My favorites:

#2: Good focus on the cat. Nothing draws attention away from it.

#3: Great contrast between the sky and the trees. There's a lot of extra space that you could crop out, though.

#5: I imagine it must have been difficult to get a picture of the cat growling like that. Nice job.

#6: Beautiful. The cat looks very majestic, fierce and graceful. LOVE the eyes. Wonderful. You could crop out the extra space, though.

The rest seemed normal to me and a little off focus. #4 was okay, but nothing special. My favorite of all was #6.

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:30 pm
.:Echelon:. says...

Hey!!

Picture 1= I really liked the picture put its a shame that the paw is blured

Picture 2= Brilliant, i like the picture.

Picture 3= very pretty

Picture 4= i like this, its pretty I like how it shows a green and red trees

The rest of them are brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!

Love

Rebbecca
xXParamoreXx
Every rose has it's thorn..
Just like every night has it's dawn.

I've matured a lot and I realised it was time to come back.. for good!

672 Reviews

Reviews: 672
Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:06 pm
Squall says...

Hello Spring.

Were you not able to keep the camera still for the first picture? It seems a bit fuzzy to my eyes.

You might also want to center shot your cat pictures. I don't really see the purpose of having the cat positioned on the side of the picture.

Andy.
"To the edge of the universe and back. Endure and survive."

1464 Reviews

Reviews: 1464
Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:15 pm
Juniper says...

Haha Andy, in the first picture if you notice, she is swatting at the camera with her paw. The blur was caused by her moving, not me unsteadily holding the camera.

I was trying a side focus approach. I normally do center shot, but I wanted to see how this would turn out. My cats move a whole lot (just like any cat would) so it's pretty hard to try to retake a photo.

;)

Spring
"I'd steal somebody's purse if I could google it and then download it." -- Firestarter

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:44 pm
Francis Michael Buck says...

Nice cats. I like the one of Fuzzy, it has good placement within the frame.

The ground-level pictures are the best though. Very well done. Keep it up.
"Believe nothing, no matter where you've read it or who has said it, not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."
-Buddha

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:03 am
Chupatoasta says...

These are all simply amazing.
I love Oreo's paw strike on the first one and Sasha's hiss on the fifth.
My cat does that too, thinks he's human that is.
He also glares at me while I talk about him.

267 Reviews

Reviews: 267
Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:34 am
Someguy says...

1) Very nice. Love the movement of the cat.

2) Love how the focus falls on the cat and also that there is a a nice background.

3) Really awesome. How you positioned yourself to take the photo of the clouds is good.

4) Very nice. Like the blue sky, but also that there is a bit of color in it.

5) Very nice. Movement is obviously detected. Also gives a nice focus on the cat's eyes.

6) This is nice. How black and white dominates the picture. Then is broken by the cat's eyes. Also how everything is dark and mysterious.

7) This is good. Really taken from a low angle shot making the leaves more powerful and how it makes the trees seem defenseless.

8 ) This wasn't nice. Just very dull. Though the background is good, it still doesn't WOW me.

9) It's okay. I love the amount of colors that is in the picture. Again it is too boring. Nothing surprising.

But still. I like your photos. Looking forward to more of your work. :wink:
Look at my big shiny shell...

514 Reviews

Reviews: 514
Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:24 am
JC says...

1- I love the cat in this, but I do agree that the blue rope is really distracting. I try to look at the picture, but I still keep looking at the rope there. But I love the action you captured. Cute cat :]

2- I like it, it's a cute cat, looks like my Spatchy, but there's really nothing going on in it that captures my attention, and keeps me interested. I think even without the distractions there wouldn't be much going on in the picture.

3- Stormy sky picture... I mean, it's pretty, but they're everywhere. And next time try rolling the window down, the spots are visible and take away from the overall effect.

4- There's really no focus to this picture. I don't know what the focus is, what I'm supposed to be looking for. I think this would have been better if you'd focused on the person on the bike.

5- I simply love this one.

6- I don't know. To me this just seems like another picture of a cat. The shadows are distracting and it's kind of sloppy.

7- It's beautiful, really. But the glare almost hurts to look at for too long.

8- The sky is beautiful, but there's nothing for me to look at here. There's no point.

9- Better than the last one, but I don't like the building in the background, I know, it's not something you can help.

Overall, I loved some of these picture. Brilliant work :]
But that is not the question. Why we are here, that is the question. And we are blessed in this, that we happen to know the answer. Yes, in this immense confusion one thing alone is clear. We are waiting for Godot to come. -Beckett

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:00 am
Behind Scene Walls says...

I love the picture with the cat hissing!
Regret is the main thing you hate in a society
because you are always regretting the thing that was regretful.

It's crazy how your life can be twisted upside down inside out and around and you can get sushi from safeway still looking like a normal person
— starchild314