Young Writers Society

Kurenai

287 Reviews

Reviews: 287
Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:44 pm
Maki-Chan says...

name: kurenai

species: dragon demon

personality: she is very calm and collective. Kurenai is serious and is not easily shocked; however she is refuses to wear girly clothing, and anything that 'shows' too much.

history: She was born on an unknown planet (Think of it later), she came to Aoi Tsuki (blue Moon) in order to full fill a prophecy, to destroy it. She falls in love with Shippo.
Attachments
kurenai.jpg
kurenai.jpg (378.65 KiB) Viewed 179 times
check out my deviantart account ^_^
http://maki121.deviantart.com/

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:01 pm
little.angelfire says...

firstly, if she refused to wear girly clothing...why is she wearing a skirt with lace at the bottom (and a skirt in general) and a ribbon around her neck? That's pretty girly if you ask me...She's also got bows in her hair...

Now then, for the actual drawing, her wings are beautifully done. I really like how you drew them. But her body is a little sloppy, the basic shape of it being just fine, though you can fix up the lines a bit more. However, the way the clothes sit on the body is wrong. The jacket is open, meaning that it wouldn't cling to her body like that. It would fall away, also leaving her breasts less defined. The sleeves are also too clingy. Lots of people have trouble with placing the clothes upon the body. it takes practice, obviously and you've got the basics down. Now what you have to do is actually look at people and notice how certain fabrics sit on an individual. Not only that, but you have to also take in the entire scene. Is the wind blowing the fabric? if so, look at fluidly it flows. Is it loose on the body? if so, try and figure out the body type the person has. It might be a little awkward at first to be looking at a stranger like this, but it really does help. Just try not to let them notice that you're inspecting XD it gets a little awkward then

Keep drawing, you've got the basics down, now you just have to clean it up and go into even more detail.

--meow
Climb inside my belly button beanbag plastic world!

287 Reviews

Reviews: 287
Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:18 pm
Maki-Chan says...

firstly, if she refused to wear girly clothing...why is she wearing a skirt with lace at the bottom (and a skirt in general) and a ribbon around her neck? That's pretty girly if you ask me...She's also got bows in her hair...

oops, I meant really showy clothing. Like SUPER short shirts, tank tops, v dip shirts. Stuff that is somewhat sexy. I am going to draw her in a really 'showy' shirt and shirt and she'll be red all over ^_^

Now then, for the actual drawing, her wings are beautifully done. I really like how you drew them. But her body is a little sloppy, the basic shape of it being just fine, though you can fix up the lines a bit more

Ok I can understand this, now that I look back her legs need to be fixed. but how did I do my hands?

However, the way the clothes sit on the body is wrong. The jacket is open, meaning that it wouldn't cling to her body like that. It would fall away, also leaving her breasts less defined. The sleeves are also too clingy. Lots of people have trouble with placing the clothes upon the body. it takes practice, obviously and you've got the basics down. Now what you have to do is actually look at people and notice how certain fabrics sit on an individual. Not only that, but you have to also take in the entire scene. Is the wind blowing the fabric? if so, look at fluidly it flows. Is it loose on the body? if so, try and figure out the body type the person has. It might be a little awkward at first to be looking at a stranger like this, but it really does help. Just try not to let them notice that you're inspecting XD it gets a little awkward then

I can understand this. I need more practice with clothing and how it looks on the body. But i have gotten better. So I will do my best and improve ^_^

Keep drawing, you've got the basics down, now you just have to clean it up and go into even more detail

ok

niya!
check out my deviantart account ^_^
http://maki121.deviantart.com/

Every time our next guest is here, all of our lives are seriously in danger.
— David Letterman