z

Young Writers Society

Around Town

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:52 pm
Maybe says...

Content deleted by user.
Last edited by Maybe on Mon May 23, 2011 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:19 am
Clo says...

Wow! Very nice. The black and white cast of these photos works very well.

I like the first two the very most - especially the first one. It''s such a strong image and very full. It seems to have a lot of tones for a black and white photo - I love. The second one is great too, but it goes downhill from there. The rest of the photographs seem much too shadowy - I suppose you could alter this in a program, but I found it unappealing. And my least favorite is that tiny one of yours - so cluttered. Of course, isn't the only one of color?

But the first one - wow! Amazing.

~ Clo
How am I not myself?

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:02 am
RoryLegend says...

Aw, I wish I lived in a town that is cool like this one.

I like these photos, the black and white ones are admittedly very good and nicely done. My favorite happens to be the last one. The guy just looks so happy and so full of life and he is doing his own thing and I really think you have captured something here.

They are all great and beautiful.

I don't like telling people their photos are bad because honestly I don't think photos can really be bad. Everyone had a different artistic point of view. I have tried to explain this to my stuck up horrible horrible photography teacher who knows nothing and doesn't even teach us and hates us all. To my comment on point of view he replied, "It is my artistic point of view that you are lazy and have a bad work ethic." How rude. And he talks about how students are disrespectful. Uck, he is horrible.

Sorry, ranting. When I get going I tell ya.

Anyways these are great! Keep it up Maybe.

--Rory
All you need is 20 seconds of insane courage, and I promise you something great will come of it.

-Benjamin Mee

566 Reviews

Reviews: 566
Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:30 am
miyaviloves says...

Ah wow these are great! My favourite is of the man with the steal drums, the black and white contast there looks brilliant and clear. I don't find the colour ones as strong, but I find that with most photography, but I do love them all the same, as the colours are vibrant and eye-catching.

There is also a certain character about these photo's, heart warming almost, which really does give them a background, well done these are great!

Meevs
x
Bag.

Got YWS?

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:19 am
Raimunda says...

WOW you live in a cool place!

personal favourite is the busker.
but i kinda love 'em all.
xxx
I just hit my computer
Because it was being slow
I need my daily Smallville fix
And it will not load the video.

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:38 pm
elizajoe says...

1. I like it. Its got kind of an old world feel. And I like the fact you did it in black and white.

2. This one has a lot of character. Looks like something you'd see in New Orleans.

3. The picture is good, but its kind of boring. I like the gate in the foreground though.

4. I like the perspective on this one, and the fact that its sort of tilted. That's a very small street.

5. I like the palm trees but its too shady in the front of the building. The shadow kind of mars any detail.

6. I like the dappled shadows and the red door. Its a contrast from the rest of the photo.

7. I love the colors in this one. Their so lively and bright. This backyard? is really pretty.

8. The red colors in this photo really tie it together. This photo is very complicated. Does he play that by himself?!?
I am a traveler coming to a crossroads
Searching for a signpost
But realizing there isn't one.

I am baby bird in the nest
Eager to taste the freedom of the skies
But afraid to jump

Random avatar

Reviews: 6
Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:53 pm
View Likes
jadenex246 says...

Wow these are all really amazing, what kind of camera do you use?
You must live in a pretty sweet town to be able to capture photos like these

ok, so

1) Love the entire set up of the inn, and the black and white
seems to bring out the outlines of all the little details of the place.
Like the chairs and shingles on the roof.. its great.

2) Great picture, love how you captured this guy's emotion and movement.

3) This one works great in black and white also because of the whole detail thing.

4) This one is neat as well. A cool perspective. I like how the sky almost seems non existent, like the buildings are more like the sky.

5)This ones a bit too dark to really tell what it is, the trees are the only detail that stick out.

6) I like the mixed colors of the scene, and the way the shadows cast a cool effect on the picture

7) The really vibrant colors work so well in this picture, I like the trees against the aqua sky. The bottoms a little dark though.

8) hehee this ones awesome. I love the spirit of this guy and his expression. Great job on this one too.

You captured some really great scenes. keep up the nice work :)

-Kristen

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:50 am
julie_bird56783 says...

These photos were excellent!! I very much enjoyed seeing a bit of your town, it seems very lively. I love how you really captured the charm of it and used the black/white setting for the historic downtown area and the color for the more present-day feeling pictures. Anyway, just one or two quick things: Photo #4 was a bit too dark near the bottom, I had a hard time with that one. And I, quite frankly, do not get Photo #7. It did not seem to go with this collection of photos at all! But I love the first few photos especially, and I would love to visit this place sometime!

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:17 pm
archer123 says...

These are really pretty. I really like the black & white ones. I think the frst one si my favorite.

*Archer*
Who stole my cookie? Did YOU steal my cookie?
Give me my cookie back!

Haha.... I tricked you! That kid over there has my cookie!

the button war, the egg being featured member, and santa necro-liking halloween-esque works are the reasons i love yws
— Carina